Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
DeAgostini Thunderbird 2 model release Options
Metal Mech
#21 Posted : 18 February 2016 23:35:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I really hate FedEx. More details later.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
darbyvet
#22 Posted : 19 February 2016 03:31:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Oh no that doesnt sound good.I ordered the Tb2 FROM hlj too but it is backordered.

Carl
Metal Mech
#23 Posted : 19 February 2016 03:53:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nope not a problem now. I got the package, but they got to my house way early and didn't leave it on the front porch like they usually do. So I had trek across town to get it, and I am already had a long day at work and dealing with the flu so yeah, I was a bit Puted.

DeAgostini kit builds:

darbyvet
#24 Posted : 19 February 2016 04:06:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

how are the parts looking so far?
Oh I see you are posting a diary-great. I have to wait at least 6 weeksCrying
Metal Mech
#25 Posted : 19 February 2016 04:12:32

Parts are good so far. Haven't started assembly yet, but I did take a few out to look at. Not too keen in the front window/canopy. Its not horrible but could be a bit better. I will go into better details in the diary when I start building. Lots of tiny little parts, but its packed with so much detail.

DeAgostini kit builds:

darbyvet
#26 Posted : 19 February 2016 15:13:48

Are you using the private warehouse feature? I am doing that so they dont charge me shipping for just a couple of issues.I will let them keep a few issue before they mail them out.

Carl
birdaj2
#27 Posted : 19 February 2016 15:42:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Metal Mech wrote:
Parts are good so far. Haven't started assembly yet, but I did take a few out to look at. Not too keen in the front window/canopy. Its not horrible but could be a bit better. I will go into better details in the diary when I start building. Lots of tiny little parts, but its packed with so much detail.

Looking forward to your build diary of this one Drool
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
birdaj2
#28 Posted : 19 February 2016 15:42:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Metal Mech wrote:

Looking forward to your build diary of this one Drool
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Metal Mech
#29 Posted : 19 February 2016 20:27:07

darbyvet wrote:
Are you using the private warehouse feature? I am doing that so they dont charge me shipping for just a couple of issues.I will let them keep a few issue before they mail them out.

Carl

Yes I use the private warehouse feature. However I was in a hurry to get these so I didn't wait to ship with other items I am waiting on as I won't get those till march and may(preorders)

It doesn't matter though, these are pretty good size boxes. The box I received was about the size of a normal delivery for my monthly Falcon parts, and both issues took up the whole box with no room to spare.

DeAgostini kit builds:

darbyvet
#30 Posted : 19 February 2016 21:32:50

Metal Mech wrote:
darbyvet wrote:

Carl

Yes I use the private warehouse feature. However I was in a hurry to get these so I didn't wait to ship with other items I am waiting on as I won't get those till march and may(preorders)

It doesn't matter though, these are pretty good size boxes. The box I received was about the size of a normal delivery for my monthly Falcon parts, and both issues took up the whole box with no room to spare.

I have to figure out how often to have them ship.Do yuo just keep checking to see if they have new issues or do they let you know when the new issues are in stock?

Carl

Metal Mech
#31 Posted : 20 February 2016 06:22:59

I just keep checking back. They should show up as a pre-order before they are avalible. At least that's the norm with everything else they sell. So you know, they will only hold things in the warehouse for 60 days. After that they will automatically ship it the cheapest method avaliable and charge you via your chosen billing method. So you have to ship at least every 60 days.

DeAgostini kit builds:

johnnycool
#32 Posted : 12 March 2016 18:51:40

Would DeAGOSTINI be releasing the thunderbird 2 weekly magazine in Australia ?
Tomick
#33 Posted : 12 March 2016 19:00:21

Groups:

It's not been released in the UK yet

The current release is Japan
stevegbr
#34 Posted : 12 March 2016 21:27:13

Groups:

Metal Mech wrote:
darbyvet wrote:

Carl

what is this "private warehouse", could you explain?
darbyvet
#35 Posted : 13 March 2016 01:29:20

stevegbr wrote:
Metal Mech wrote:
darbyvet wrote:

Carl

Private warehouse allows you to order stuff and have HLJ keep it until you are ready to ship.It works great if you want to order a few things and just ship them all at once.

stevegbr
#36 Posted : 13 March 2016 10:26:24

Groups:

darbyvet wrote:
stevegbr wrote:
Metal Mech wrote:
darbyvet wrote:

Carl

Private warehouse allows you to order stuff and have HLJ keep it until you are ready to ship.It works great if you want to order a few things and just ship them all at once.

thanks for the quick reply, was hoping it was a way of getting the thunderbird 2 model in the uk, wishful thinking. lol
darbyvet
#37 Posted : 13 March 2016 13:16:36

I went through HLJ because I doubt it will come to USA.I know Thunderbirds is huge in Japan and since the reboot (which I have mixed feelings about) in UK I think it may do well if it is released in UK.I have no idea if that will happen or not.

Carl

ElekTr1C
#38 Posted : 26 March 2016 16:27:28

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hey,

New here on this forum and i am planning to build this guy. Already have some issue's ordered on HLJ and with luck i can begin on the first six issue's in a week or 2/3.

Planning on filming the build in some sort of montage and taking pictures after completing each build.

Really looking forward to get my hands on this
Gandale
#39 Posted : 27 March 2016 00:00:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome aboard Elek, hope you enjoy your time with us and am sure you'll love the build. Would be great to see some of your work so good luck with it when you get started..

Regards

Alan
ian smith
#40 Posted : 27 March 2016 15:05:29

Hi Elek.
Welome to the forum. look forward to seeing your build diary.
IanCool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.