Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages 123>»
Italari 1/12 Fiat Mefistofeles Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 10 February 2016 23:12:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all well since the Soliel Royal is permanently shelved this is going to be my next project. Made a start tonight will post pics tomorrow 
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
jase
#2 Posted : 10 February 2016 23:46:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
kpnuts
#3 Posted : 11 February 2016 19:37:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all as promised some pics

birdaj2
#4 Posted : 11 February 2016 19:47:43

Looks a very nice model.

I think Italeri have a similar kit in the same scale that has just come out so looks like an interesting collection of these older cars could me made.

Hope you enjoy building it.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
kpnuts
#5 Posted : 13 February 2016 19:16:58

Hi all here is the next installment

yes the Fiat 800 (eager to get that too but at 143 quid will have to wait a while, glad to have jase's build to follow here (although I doubt I will be building to his level)
davetwin
#6 Posted : 13 February 2016 21:26:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Lovely work Ken. Great start Cool
birdaj2
#7 Posted : 13 February 2016 21:38:09

Fiat 800 - that was it BigGrin

And as you say lovely models but certainly out of my price range as "i will put that one away for building later".

Hope the rest of your build goes well.
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
kpnuts
#8 Posted : 15 February 2016 20:21:31

Hi all well the friction dampers are definitely fiddely these took all last night (the legs/arms have round holes which are an interference fit on square pegs I was worried they might snap with the force required to push them on, so I drilled them out a bit, still a snug fit but safer

jase
#9 Posted : 15 February 2016 21:54:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start KP. keep your eye out for the error in the instructions around the steering connector, its shown mounted on the wrong side.

Interested to know how you have gone about brass work looks like you have used foil?

Are you going for showroom finish or post race?

looking forward to more

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
kpnuts
#10 Posted : 15 February 2016 23:10:11

Hi jase post race and ive used brass and copper leaf so far, am going to get silver leaf (hence the lack of the front of the chassis yet)
kpnuts
#11 Posted : 21 February 2016 18:38:52

Hi all I've read a lot about this car and from what I can gather the engine leaked oil like a sieve (in fact the driver was sitting in hot engine oil after every run ) so I've tried to depict a very oily engine.

michu
#12 Posted : 21 February 2016 19:13:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Ken,
Just keep in mind that if you want to depict it in the original post-race condition and not how it is today, then it was painted racing green back then! :)

There were also some other modifications done over the years that I don't remember much anymore, something around where the driver sits, you should be able to find some extra info on Google.

Loving how this is coming together.
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Nemesis
#13 Posted : 21 February 2016 19:24:40

If your going for the land speed car it was painted black. Nice update.ThumpUp
michu
#14 Posted : 21 February 2016 19:29:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You sure black? I read about green some time ago...
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
kpnuts
#15 Posted : 21 February 2016 19:30:44

Yep I read it was black and the holes in the side panels of the bonnet weren't there.
birdaj2
#16 Posted : 21 February 2016 21:09:35

engine painting looks very nice indeed and gives a good sense of a leaky engine.
Happy Modelling

kpnuts
#17 Posted : 25 February 2016 21:06:45

Hi all here's the next installment.
A lot of the kit supplied tubing is way out of scale, another modeler on another forum is building this (to a much higher standard than I could hope to (just like Jase)and they are using shrink wrap tubing to great effect) the following photo is of the kit supplied tubing and the tubing I intend to use (I think you can see there is quite a difference)

Gandale
#18 Posted : 25 February 2016 23:53:12

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Ken, oily engine is spot on....Cool Cool .. Look forward to your next update.....

Regards

Alan
kpnuts
#19 Posted : 27 February 2016 16:37:46

Hi all here is today's bit.

birdaj2
#20 Posted : 27 February 2016 21:24:36

Its coming along nicely.

Just trying to work out why you have had to replace the hoses? Are the kit ones solid plastic and maybe have fit problems?

Hope the rest of the build goes well.

Happy Modelling