Thechip88's Honda CB750 build Options
thechip88
#1 Posted : 15 February 2016 12:44:52

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hello everybody.
After crossing the Channel, the big box arrive Today :

But When opened, there are some problems :
First of all, I don't receive the Base Plate for the Display base (Issue 80)
Second : a damaged Issue 1 fuel Tank like many of you....

And a damaged Issue 60 base frame : the box is broken and the wooden piece too....

I'm not a Lucky Guy...

The Fuel Tank was without any protection in the Box!!!! Impossible to arrive without scratches!!!!

I'm not very happy....
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 15 February 2016 19:11:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Thechip

Sorry to here about your damaged parts looks like a call to customer support for replacements is in order and I hope your replacement parts arrive safely. One bonus is that the tank is not used till near the end of the build so there is plenty to do until it arrives.

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

thechip88
#3 Posted : 15 February 2016 20:00:12

Hello.
I hope so......
I send an email today. I don't speak very well English so calling the CS is a problem to me...

Here is all the pieces on a table 2mx1m

See you soon.
davetwin
#4 Posted : 15 February 2016 20:19:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Cool, I love,seeing all the parts spread out like that with partworks Cool

Customer services are really good at replacing damaged parts, unfortunately it's just once of those things that does happen.
chink
#5 Posted : 15 February 2016 22:18:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi thechip, I had the same problem with the tank and missing display

base top.

I got a replacement tank quite quickly, but still waiting for top and

that's from August last year.

Ian
Gandale
#6 Posted : 15 February 2016 23:44:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Chip, sorry to hear of your parts problem, hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of putting together another wonderful kit..... Will be following so wish you luck with the build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
thechip88
#7 Posted : 15 February 2016 23:58:40

Gandale wrote:
Hi Chip, sorry to hear of your parts problem, hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of putting together another wonderful kit..... Will be following so wish you luck with the build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Hello.
I hope a quick reply from model-space with some good news for my damaged issues and missing base plate. It's exactly the same as the Hayabusa so they can ship this one if they don't have the one for the Honda....
I cross fingers for an happy quick ending with those problems.
I'm sad tonight....
thechip88
#8 Posted : 18 February 2016 19:30:37

Hello everybody.
I received a reply Today : the replacements will be shipped tomorrow.
I check all the box : great quality for this kit: chrome, leather for the seat...
See you.
arpurchase
#9 Posted : 18 February 2016 20:24:18

BigGrin Top stuff and enjoy your build when you get startedCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

thechip88
#10 Posted : 18 February 2016 20:42:58

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Top stuff and enjoy your build when you get startedCool

Hello.
If all will be OK I will start building the Honda next weekend.

PS : I want to thank a lot Liam at model-space for all the patience he had and has again for me and also for the great gift he made for me : the magnify lamp x5 from the tool section of the website : a great magnifier, easy to use with a powerful neon lamp. I'M very happy.

See you....
Gandale
#11 Posted : 18 February 2016 23:43:27

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

So pleased you got your problem resolved, hopefully the parts will arrive soon...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
thechip88
#12 Posted : 19 February 2016 13:53:15

Gandale wrote:
So pleased you got your problem resolved, hopefully the parts will arrive soon...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan

Hello Alan
Thank you. I hope so.
I wish receive the goods just before next weekend.
See you for more updates and the beginning of the building....
For now, I found a system to classify the screws and don't make a mistake : from previous model kits I have some numerous zip bags for screws. I labelled each one with the correct letter and put all the same screws in....
22 bags and write in a paper each issue with the type of screws used in.

Bye....
thechip88
#13 Posted : 19 February 2016 22:04:31

Hello everybody....
Just some numbers for this kit :
485 parts to assemble
177 screws to use
43 screws in spare.
21 types of screws.

If I don't make mistakes with the instructions.

See you....
thechip88
#14 Posted : 22 February 2016 12:42:06

Hello.
I just receive my replacements today.
If you look you can see a real difference in packaging. On the right it's the packaging in the big box. On the left the new one . ..

But I don't receive the base plate....

See you soon!!!!!
Nemesis
#15 Posted : 22 February 2016 19:18:58

Glad to see you have got a replacement tank, Customer Support has been great with me so your other part should be with you soon, looking forward to seeing you make a start on this build!ThumpUp BigGrin
thechip88
#16 Posted : 22 February 2016 19:38:42

Nemesis wrote:
Glad to see you have got a replacement tank, Customer Support has been great with me so your other part should be with you soon, looking forward to seeing you make a start on this build!ThumpUp BigGrin

Hello.
Next weekend for sure!!! I'm too busy the week to do anything. I will start and try to take some original photos of the building.
See you
thechip88
#17 Posted : 26 February 2016 13:38:18

Hello.
I just received the base stand cover plate (issue 80). The packaging is larger than the big box so it can be inserted into... all is OK now and the building will start tomorrow!!!!
delboy271155
#18 Posted : 26 February 2016 16:45:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

thechip88 wrote:
Hello.
I just received the base stand cover plate (issue 80). The packaging is larger than the big box so it can be inserted into... all is OK now and the building will start tomorrow!!!!

Pleased to see you have your replacement parts. Cool

Now looking forward to your build. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#19 Posted : 26 February 2016 19:31:17

BigGrin Nice one if I remember correctly it even has a carrying handleDrool Laugh Cool

thechip88
#20 Posted : 27 February 2016 08:21:05

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Nice one if I remember correctly it even has a carrying handleDrool Laugh Cool

Yes. Right.
There is a carrying handle on the packaging... The base cover top is so heavy! A carrying handle is useful... Laugh Cool