Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
HMS Victory in peril Options
jase
#21 Posted : 15 January 2011 08:08:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Just a note on sending the petition to Downing street.

The facility to create on-line petitions on the 10 Downing street website has been suspended pending a move to DirectGov.com later this year. We have to to collect 500 signatures to get a written response from the PM and 100,000 for the petition to be debated in parliament.

In view of this we need to create a petition in the traditional paper format. later today I will create an email address just for collecting names and addresses for the petition. this can be posted on the face book site and on this forum. I will update the number of names collected. Those who have offered their support can collect names and email them to the address I create to go on the master list. I will create a petition document and send it out to those that wish to help.

Objective: To form a law that will be added to the statute books preserving the ownership of HMS Victory to be transferred from the MOD or Government thus ensuring HMS Victory remains the property of the People for all time. with a permanent commitment from the Government to maintain the structure of HMS Victory to an operational level.

Can I ask does anybody receive the Navy News? It would be good to run an advert in that publication as our initial goal must be to raise the 100,000 signatures required to have our cause debated in Parliament.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
jase
#22 Posted : 15 January 2011 08:19:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Petition signatories can send their name and address to

savehmsvictory@hotmail.co.uk
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Lonestar Spirit
#23 Posted : 15 January 2011 11:12:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

NICEONE Jase!

We could even set up a web page or something, like a base to organise everything from etc.

I was thinking of trying to get the media on board, let them know what were trying to do and see if they can help raise awareness about what's going on and what they can do to help.

If you need anything, just let me know.
Ship Builds on the go

Yamato - DeAgostini Subscription - Highly Recommend This Model
AKAGI - DeAgostini Subscription - Highly Recommend This Model
RMS Titanic Lifeboat (Kind Gift from DeAgostini Crew)
Foz
#24 Posted : 15 January 2011 12:48:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Jase

I have sent you my name and addy.

Im all for saving what little is left of this countrys heratige and also think the goverment should do something about it instead of supporting things that are not in this country.
bripfc
#25 Posted : 25 January 2011 09:05:24

the latest news on HMS Victory.
This was in last night News:

UP TO £20m is to be spent on HMS Victory in a decade of major restoration to reverse years of rot and decay, The News can reveal today.
this is good newsBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/new...-future-to-be.6701226.jp
Brian

Current Builds
HMS Victory
HMB Endeavour
HMS Hood
PLAY UP POMPEY!!!no wise cracks
benny
#26 Posted : 25 January 2011 17:12:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

excellent news brian thanks for that...benny
cheers benny
jonny7england
#27 Posted : 25 January 2011 17:41:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Brian...Excellent news, cheers for keeping us updated...ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
StefanDV
#28 Posted : 25 January 2011 21:18:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I'm MIGHTILY impressed with what you've achieved with your petition! In South Africa this whould have taken months, if at all!

Well done!
Tigger49
#29 Posted : 12 July 2011 21:54:59

LATEST NEWS...

Work has begun on removeing the yard arms from Nelson's flagship HMS Victory in Portsmouth as the first steps of major restoration work got under way.

The fore topgallant yard and fore topsail yards - the spars on the mast - were removed from the ship today.

Read about it here
http://www.portsmouth.co...d_arms_removed_1_2856761
Building:

DeAgostini:

HMS Victory
HMS Surprise
Sovereign of the Seas
H.M.S Victory Cross-Section
Tomick
#30 Posted : 12 July 2011 22:01:35

Groups:

Hope one of you guys havn't 'acquired' them for your model LOL