Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Mustang Shelby build from Tony. (70 Coupe) Options
70 Coupe
#1 Posted : 17 March 2016 19:04:14

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Having shown you all my 1:1 Mustang Coupe, I was encouraged to post my build progress.
I received parts 4 to 8 today and since I have a holiday day I cracked on.....
No issues at all this time, (unlike the front bumper...Cursing )
I've grouped all the parts together in one photo, I will try and be a bit more in depth next time.
I love the feeling of the vinyl on the seat, very realistic.
I'm really enjoying the build so far and this is the first time I've constructed anything like this.BigGrin
Anyone lurking who's undecided whether to start, I can't recommend the kit enough, go for it.

File Attachment(s):
mustang build 1 to 8.JPG (1,275kb) downloaded 66 time(s).
70 Coupe attached the following image(s):
mustang build 1 to 8.JPG
michu
#2 Posted : 17 March 2016 21:19:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I was building this kit when it was still a test run. I re-subscribed now and the parts are coming (issue 8 and 9 today) but I didn't have time to even look at them yet... Thanks for reminding me about this build, I must get back to it Drool
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
davetwin
#3 Posted : 17 March 2016 22:01:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Im glad you are enjoying, Im also having great fun building this too, its a great kit Cool

Unfotunattely though your picture isnt showing Confused

70 Coupe
#4 Posted : 17 March 2016 22:24:20

Picture was removed by moderator for reasons I'm struggling with, something to do with the photo hosting sites banner which is against forum rules.
70 Coupe
#5 Posted : 18 March 2016 13:53:08

Photos now sorted!
70 Coupe
#6 Posted : 18 March 2016 14:17:12

Michu. Glad I reminded you about your kit. I'm new to this, can I safely assume that the people who are in front of me with their builds are buying the issues weekly, wheras I'm a subscriber and now receive 4 a month?
Cheers. Tony
michu
#7 Posted : 18 March 2016 14:29:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

70 Coupe wrote:
Michu. Glad I reminded you about your kit. I'm new to this, can I safely assume that the people who are in front of me with their builds are buying the issues weekly, wheras I'm a subscriber and now receive 4 a month?
Cheers. Tony

I think that's the case! Also there might be a slight variation in the delivery date as this is a popular partwork, so I can imagine the dispatch is staggered over a few days.

I do not have a good newsagent nearby so always prefer a subscription... Cheaper, more convenient, and more fun at once when the monthly pack arrives.
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
70 Coupe
#8 Posted : 18 March 2016 14:45:02

I agree, but the waiting..................aaarrrggghhhh Crying
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 18 March 2016 20:55:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

70 Coupe wrote:
Picture was removed by moderator for reasons I'm struggling with, something to do with the photo hosting sites banner which is against forum rules.

Hi Tony,BigGrin

Here is a copy of the relevant section of the forum rules, reference the above quote.

ModelSpace is a community for Private individuals - We do not allow business Usernames or the promotion of a personal business: in the Forum, by Private Message, a Link, in a Signature, WWW link or within a video clip.

The issue is that when a www. link is posted it can be deemed by others that Deagostini/Modelspace are endorsing that site and that cannot be the case. Hence the removal of not only your link , but others as well.

That said I`m enjoying your build diary.Cool

Keep up the good work.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#10 Posted : 18 March 2016 20:59:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Tony,BigGrin

Forgot,Blushing

Congrats on your blue medal for starting a build diary.Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

70 Coupe
#11 Posted : 18 March 2016 23:27:26

Derek, Thank you for the kind words.
It's all sorted now, all the other forums I've ever used didn't have a problem with the car photo hosting website, because this is a commercial forum the rules are different. (and this is the first commercial forum I've ever used)
The moderator pointed this out via P.M's and all is now clear and understood.BigGrin
I'll try and do better with the next four parts with more photos...........
Was a bit too eager to build....Blushing
Bazholding
#12 Posted : 23 March 2016 00:02:42

Good to see another build, another one to watch
Current builds: HMS Victory, hachette black pearl, DC-3, R2-D2, Millennium Falcon
70 Coupe
#13 Posted : 15 November 2016 18:19:26

Thought I'd better post a long overdue update.
Still plugging away, now completed part 40, what a monster!
My wife just shakes her head and mutters boys and their toys.
I've included a photo of one of my 1:43 die cast Mustangs to give a comparison of size. (in case anyone is lurking and trying to picture how large 1:8 scale is!)
Also included is a photo of the chassis now it's at full length.
I haven't done any mods to any of the components as I don't have the time and patience at present, but I am getting a lot of satisfaction watching my build progress.
I am in awe of some of the work being carried out on some of these builds, people I salute you BigGrin

Nemesis
#14 Posted : 15 November 2016 18:21:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Coming along nicely, and it certainly gives an idea of the scale!Blink BigGrin
davetwin
#15 Posted : 15 November 2016 20:08:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It really is a beast, I have no idea where I am going to out mine yet Blink Cool
70 Coupe
#16 Posted : 15 November 2016 20:52:50

I know exactly where mine is going, I have a glass fronted display case with around 150 die cast models in. The Mustang will be placed in it's own special display case and take pride of place on top of the cabinet. All the other models are 1:43 or 1:24 scale so should provide a nice contrast BigGrin