Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
Toyota 2000gt Options
darbyvet
#1 Posted : 21 March 2016 18:58:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I just ordered this kit from UK and will post a build diary when it arrives.
michu
#2 Posted : 21 March 2016 19:27:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Welcome to the club BigGrin
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 04 April 2016 20:20:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

It has arrived.Thanks Model Space UK for a pretty quick delivery.

Building will begin shortly.

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
toyota1.jpg
michu
#4 Posted : 04 April 2016 20:27:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This was quick indeed!
Looking forward to your build :)
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

stevie_o
#5 Posted : 04 April 2016 20:40:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

darbyvet
#6 Posted : 05 April 2016 02:01:42

stevie_o wrote:
Bet you cant wait to get stuck in to thatBigGrin Look forward to seeing it built, do you plan on having any mods on the build?

Steve

Still mulling over a respray

Carl
davetwin
#7 Posted : 05 April 2016 10:16:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

darbyvet wrote:
stevie_o wrote:
Bet you cant wait to get stuck in to thatBigGrin Look forward to seeing it built, do you plan on having any mods on the build?

Steve

Still mulling over a respray

Carl

Do it, you know you want to Wink what colour would you go for?
michu
#8 Posted : 05 April 2016 10:40:32

I second that, great idea with the respray!
My favourite is Atlantis Green, which colour were you thinking about?

TheFlyingCouch
#9 Posted : 05 April 2016 13:10:49

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Just started building mine. It is a great kit, the parts are very well made.

Regards
Jon
darbyvet
#10 Posted : 05 April 2016 14:43:18

I was thinking about the twilight turquiose if I can find it in Lacquer.The paint job on the body is so nice though I may just polish it

Carl

michu
#11 Posted : 05 April 2016 15:36:36

darbyvet wrote:
I was thinking about the twilight turquiose if I can find it in Lacquer.The paint job on the body is so nice though I may just polish it

Carl

Are Zero Paints available in US? They should be able to match it for you.

darbyvet
#12 Posted : 24 April 2016 01:14:51

here we go.I was having so much fun building this car I had finished the engine and the dashboard.Whoops.Anyway here are some pics.

toyota1.jpg
toyota2.jpg
toyota3.jpg
toyota4.jpg
darbyvet
#13 Posted : 24 April 2016 01:18:10

And the dashboard.Adding those tiny switches was a but frustrating, but they look really good.
toyota5.jpg
Gandale
#14 Posted : 24 April 2016 10:22:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming along nicely, looking fab.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#15 Posted : 24 April 2016 10:55:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice Carl Cool that's a very nicely detailed engine Drool
Nemesis
#16 Posted : 24 April 2016 12:44:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Love the detail on the engine, top work!ThumpUp
darbyvet
#17 Posted : 26 April 2016 15:18:10

The interior is pretty much done.Superb quality on these parts, perfect fit and easy construction.The spare tire is under some nicely carpeted panels.
toyota2.jpg
toyota3.jpg
darbyvet
#18 Posted : 26 April 2016 15:43:02

Chassis is also now complete.The suspension works well.Nice and heavy and solid parts.
toyota4.jpg
darbyvet
#19 Posted : 26 April 2016 15:44:38

Doors also finished now.Everything fit perfectly.This is an amazing kit

toyota5.jpg
davetwin
#20 Posted : 26 April 2016 15:55:24

Nice work Carl, you're cruising along with this BigGrin Cool