Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Toyota 2000gt Options
michu
#21 Posted : 26 April 2016 16:54:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Yeah the chassis feels really good, a solid piece of silky smooth metal.
Loved that part of my build :-)

Well done!

So, are you planning to respray?
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
darbyvet
#22 Posted : 26 April 2016 17:15:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

michu wrote:
Yeah the chassis feels really good, a solid piece of silky smooth metal.
Loved that part of my build :-)

Well done!

So, are you planning to respray?

No I decided not to.The paint finish is pretty good and with my MFH daytona disaster I wanted an easy build.

Carl

michu
#23 Posted : 26 April 2016 17:28:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

darbyvet wrote:
No I decided not to.The paint finish is pretty good and with my MFH daytona disaster I wanted an easy build.

I know what you mean! I have a tendency to select complex kits, requiring lots of effort and time (while I lack skills to really tackle them, but that's fine - as a software developer I discovered that the best learning happens on the job). Then something quick & easy can be really refreshing - and is sometimes even needed to move forward.
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

darbyvet
#24 Posted : 30 April 2016 15:17:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

More work on the Toyota 2000GT.Perfect fit on everything again in this part of the build. The drivetrain is now complete and installed and the floor pan is in place.

Most of the rest of the build now is body work.I have inspected the paint job on the body and it is really nice.Very smooth and even.

darbyvet attached the following image(s):
toyota6.jpg
toyota7.jpg
toyota9.jpg
arpurchase
#25 Posted : 30 April 2016 18:16:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking very niceCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#26 Posted : 30 April 2016 23:48:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming along very nicely.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#27 Posted : 01 May 2016 01:48:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Awesome job Carl ThumpUp
delboy271155
#28 Posted : 01 May 2016 15:17:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Looking good, BigGrin BigGrin

Still managing to keep mine in the box.Crying

Don`t know how much longer I can hold out.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

michu
#29 Posted : 01 May 2016 15:38:10

Why would you, Derek? Cool

Anyway, just saw one in real life 5 minutes ago. I was going to the shop to get cat food and it went past me like something out of this world. Red. Considering how few of them are there in the world, it might have been one in a lifetime encounter, I'll possibly see one in a museum or something but like that on the road? Not likely.

darbyvet
#30 Posted : 01 May 2016 15:48:52

delboy271155 wrote:
Looking good, BigGrin BigGrin

Still managing to keep mine in the box.Crying

Don`t know how much longer I can hold out.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

It is a pleasurable and easy build.Pefect fit.Not too many fiddly parts and very high quality parts just like some of the older Pocher kits.A very good build after you have fought with a kit.

i was really nervous attaching the windscreen.I could see it easily cracking with by big hands forcing it too much.It just popped into place.Amazing.

Carl
delboy271155
#31 Posted : 01 May 2016 20:35:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Kit not the issue.BigGrin

Space, time, other kits under way, work, etc etc.

Blink Blink Blink

It`s safe in the box for now, we`ll see how long my fingers can leave it there. LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

darbyvet
#32 Posted : 11 May 2016 05:11:08

The GT is finished.Lovely kit.Here are some pictures.I tried using MIchus tutorial for taking pictures, but I couldnt get good interior pictures.I will try with my iphone camera.I took these with my Canon t3I
toyota1.jpg
toyota2.jpg
toyota3.jpg
toyota4.jpg
toyota5.jpg
toyota6.jpg
toyota8.jpg
toyota9.jpg
michu
#33 Posted : 11 May 2016 08:29:18

Hi Carl,
Lovely work, it is a stunning kit and well executed!

As for the photos, the only thing I can say, apart from that they indeed look good - for interior you will still need more light!
If you can't get that at home, the immediate tip is to go outside. Try to choose a day when you don't have a full-blast sun but is slightly overcast, so the light has more diffused quality. That's the best lamp there is! And an A4 piece of white styrene can act as a reflector to direct the light where you need it, you will just need to find a way to keep it in the right place without showing on the photo; a second person is usually the best option - so called "talking light stand"

darbyvet
#34 Posted : 11 May 2016 15:10:19

Thanks Michal,
the lighting is an issue.The tent came with some lights, but they lasted about 5 minutes before they stopped working so I am waiting on some replacement lights.I ended up using my Iphone for the interior pics.I couldnt figur eout how to get the flash to trigger on my DSLR.I generally only use it for astrophotography or videos so I am a bit lost taking regular pics with it. I did use Aperture mode at f11 and 400 ISO, but I couldnt get decent interior shots.-This films were just too dark.I guess I could try a curve in Photoshop to stretch them.

Anyway here are the interior pics taken with my Iphone camera

toyota10.jpg
toyota11.jpg
toyota12.jpg
toyota13.jpg
toyota14.jpg
toyota15.jpg
Nemesis
#35 Posted : 11 May 2016 15:25:07

Now that is a stunning kit and built to perfection! Top work indeed!
TheFlyingCouch
#36 Posted : 11 May 2016 18:03:40

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Superb Great Job

Jon
Telfs
#37 Posted : 13 May 2016 22:45:33

A couple of thoughts on photos....

The Toyota is telling your camera's meter that it is mostly white - so the camera reduces exposure to compensate. If you are trying to get a bright interior, turn on spot metering and point the middle of the viewfinder at the dark interior, then lock the exposure (or set it manually) as you recompose the photo. Or simply dial in a stop or two of overexposure.You'll end up with the white body blown out, but, hey, cameras have limited dynamic range. Getting more light in there, with a light source or reflector, as Michu said, is also a good idea, but the black interior isn't going to reflect that much back out unfortunately.

Getting everything in focus is also a challenge when you are very close to the object, even at F11, so it's sometimes better to be a little further away, and then crop and zoom the resulting frame - especially if you have lots of megapixels and/or a full frame camera.
michu
#38 Posted : 13 May 2016 23:29:40

Still doable, but really needs A LOT of light, possibly bounced in all the right directions. See: http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=19090 - no blown out body, interior visible. I've been taking these photos inside of a lightbox, top and sides are white (reflective) which is not visible on the pictures, only the bottom and back are black. A 2nd person was holding a white reflector sheet to add more light, this was positioned low between me and the model, bouncing light from the light source located above the model.

darbyvet
#39 Posted : 14 May 2016 03:18:33

Thanks for the advice guys.I am still trying to figure out my camera.I have only used it for imaging the moon so far through a telescope and recording some videos for work so I have to play around with it a bit.

I used a tent lightbox and I will have to buy some decent lights to illuminate the subject better.The ones that came with the tent died after 5 minutes!!!

Carl

steviecav
#40 Posted : 17 May 2016 08:33:28

That looks fantastic. I did the Eaglemoss James Bond DB5 and the parts on this kit look much better. I have just ordered this one and am waiting for it to be delivered.