Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<4567>
Shaun's RC Spitfire Build Options
forgotmylogin
#101 Posted : 18 December 2016 16:49:43

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Great to see one of these again. This was my first DeAg partwork. (Never finished due to a house move)

But where on earth did you dig this up from??? I have been hunting for this for several years now but never seem to be able to find a complete set :(

Great work so far though, look forward to seeing it progess Cool
Tomick
#102 Posted : 18 December 2016 18:47:51

Groups:

forgotmylogin wrote:
But where on earth did you dig this up from??? I have been hunting for this for several years now but never seem to be able to find a complete set :(
There are lots of R/C Spitfire kits out there, the ones from YT International are some of best there is http://www.ytinternational.co.uk/warbird.htm
Tomick
#103 Posted : 18 December 2016 18:48:00

Groups:

forgotmylogin wrote:
There are lots of R/C Spitfire kits out there, the ones from YT International are some of best... http://www.ytinternational.co.uk/warbird.htm
delboy271155
#104 Posted : 18 December 2016 19:32:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

forgotmylogin wrote:
Great to see one of these again. This was my first DeAg partwork. (Never finished due to a house move)

Great work so far though, look forward to seeing it progess Cool

You don`t have to look too hard. Confused

Check out this link.

Full Deag RC Spitfire

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Levelord
#105 Posted : 05 January 2017 19:54:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator

Wow...Really nice build Shaun BigGrin
Der gesamte Baubericht und alle Fotos unterliegen dem Urheberrecht. Verwendung außerhalb dieses Forums bedürfen schriftlicher Genehmigung. © Levelord

@work: X-Wing,Dodge Charger, MIG-29

Completed: McLaren MP4-23, Hummer H1, RedBull RB7, Easy Rider Bike, Jaguar E-Type, Porsche 911, Ferrari F2004, AMG DTM Mercedes, Ford Mustang, R2-D2, C57, Modellbahn,Rossi Bike,VW Käfer 1303,VW T1 Samba Bus

Shauncnh
#106 Posted : 08 January 2017 21:47:25

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi everyone and thank you for your comments.
Forgotmylogin as Derek has said i purchased as a complete kit from eBay about 18 months ago. I also have a second complete kit which I purchased about 6 months ago on eBay which I was originally going to use for spare parts buck have since decided to build both. This one will use the stock Leo 40 engine and the second I will convert to electric and will have a sound generator onboard with the sound of the merlin engine running.
Tomick, I will be filling all the joints and sanding before applying the heat shrink covering as you suggested.
I have also decided not to use the stock engine cowling and have purchased a replacement on made from fibreglass.
I have been busy the last few weeks and hope to continue with this build and also make a start on my build of the year in the next few days.
Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
Shauncnh
#107 Posted : 15 January 2017 17:10:18

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Time for update 20.Cool
Parts supplied with this issue are three 6x15x300mm balsa batons, two 6x100x225mm balsa sheets and cutting template.

First underside of the tail section of the fuselage is sanded and then 2mm sheets of balsa supplied in issue 18 and glued to this section. Theses are then trimmed and sanded. I will finish filling and sanding the fuselage just before I fit the heat shrink skin covering.

Next I used the template to mark and cut two lengths of balsa baton. These are then glued and left to dry.

Next one of the balsa sheets is cut into two 100x85mm pieces, these then have the corners notched to fit correctly over the template. These parts are then glued.

After this the second balsa sheet is cut into one 55x85mm piece and two 22x225mm piece. The 55x85mm piece is then glued into place and the two 22x225mm parts are used to help mark where to cut.

These lines are then cut and the two parts glued into place. Next the template is used to mark to lengths of 6x15mm balsa baton to be used for reinforcements, these are then glued into place using the template for the correct location.

Next I cut the template down to size and glued to the top of the horizontal stabiliser and then used to cut around.

The final step is to cut and glue six reinforcements into each of the corners.

That's finishes the horizontal stabiliser for now and is all for this update. Hope you are all enjoying my build as must as I am enjoying building it.

Regards Shaun

P.S. I am have had a bit of problem with my Mantau Titanic kit I was going to use for my build of the year. I few parts for the hull are broken. I am hoping to get replacement parts in a week or two at must. If I don't have them by the end of January I will probably use my 1/144 billing boat Titanic I received last year for free as my build.

Building-RC spitfire
delboy271155
#108 Posted : 15 January 2017 17:17:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Shaun, BigGrin

Good to see you progressing. Cool

You are putting together some neat and precise work with this one.

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

birdaj2
#109 Posted : 15 January 2017 19:27:00

Shaun

That looks like a very complex part of the build but your end result is very neat and tidy.

Very well done.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Shauncnh
#110 Posted : 15 January 2017 22:10:15

Thanks Derek and Tony for your kind words, this part of the build was very complex and I have about 3hour in this part along. All together I think I have about 30 hours in this build to date including the repair.

Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Gandale
#111 Posted : 15 January 2017 23:51:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Another first class update Shaun... Drool Drool .. Really enjoying your build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Shauncnh
#112 Posted : 22 January 2017 16:40:36

Thank you Alan for your kind words.

Update 21
Parts supplied in issue 21 are 2 6x15x300mm balsa batons, 2 6x100x225mm balsa sheets, elevators linking rod and elevator cutting template.

As you can see in the picture above the top balsa baton is bent, I had to order a replacement from ebay as my attempts to straighten it where unsuccessful.
The first stage in this issue is to cut one of the balsa sheets into 2 60mm wide and 2 40mm wide pieces.

Next the other sheet is cut into 2 35x225mm pieces and 2 30x60mm pieces.

Next the two balsa batons are cut to length using the cutting template and the 100mm and 60mm wide pieces glued into place again using the template to get the correct alignment.

Once the glue has dried the 30x60mm pieces are glued into place.

Next the piece is marked using the template and cut.

The 35x225mm pieces are now glued into place.

Next the corner reinforcements are cut and glued into place.

Next the templates are cut out and glued to the top of the parts assembled. Again before cutting the templates photocopies where made.

Next using my newly purchased scroll saw I cut out the parts.

The final step is to sand down the two elevators and horizontal stabiliser and round the egdes.

That's all for this update.

Regards Shaun

Building-RC spitfire
delboy271155
#113 Posted : 22 January 2017 17:25:42

Hi Shaun,BigGrin

That`s some update.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Very tidy work and a credit to your building skills.

Love Drool Love Drool Love

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

birdaj2
#114 Posted : 22 January 2017 19:25:29

Very skilful bit of building i must say.

Its all gone together so nice and tidy.

Hope it all continues to go well.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#115 Posted : 22 January 2017 19:29:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great work, all looking fab....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
pemberg
#116 Posted : 22 January 2017 19:52:10

Great job Shaun, brings back memories of building this when it was first released.
Graeme
Shauncnh
#117 Posted : 26 January 2017 21:38:42

Thank you for your kind wordsBigGrin in means a lot to me that you are all enjoying the build as much as I am.Cool

Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
tigerace
#118 Posted : 29 January 2017 12:42:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Amazing work you are doing ShaunBigGrin you make it look so easyCool credit to your skillDrool Drool keep it upDrool Cool regards Phil
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Shauncnh
#119 Posted : 30 January 2017 21:47:10

BigGrin Thanks Phil for your kind wordsCool

Update 22
In this issue I made the rudder and made reinforcements to the horizontal stabiliser.
This this issue I am supplied a sheet of 6x100x195mm balsa, 6x15x300mm balsa baton, cutting template and throttle control rod and tube.

The first step is to cut the balsa sheet into two 35x41mm, one 105x35mm and one 35x186mm piece.

Next the balsa baton is cut to length and one of the 41x35mm piece glued into place using the cutting template to insure correct alignment.

Next the other 41x35mm piece is glued into place.

And next the 35x186mm piece is glued into place.

The 105x35mm piece is next to be glued.

Two notches are now cut for the reinforcement part f shown on the cutting template. I made these cuts on my scroll saw.

Part f is then glued into place and the cutting template is glued to the rubber assembly. This is then cut out on the scroll saw.

The rudder is then sanded.

The two reinforcement for the stabiliser are then cut from the 12x20x300mm baton from issue 16 using the template in issue 20.

These are then glued and sanded.

This completes the issue 22. I had about 3 hours in this issue alone with around 30 hours in the hole build so far

Regards Shaun

Building-RC spitfire
Gandale
#120 Posted : 30 January 2017 22:08:29

Another great update, this build is really coming along....Cool Cool .. very nice work.... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan