Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tony RR's cockpit console panel Options
LeviathanPrime
#1 Posted : 08 April 2016 23:28:50

Groups:

I'm really not happy with the decal we have in place of the instrumentation in the cockpit. I'm seriously considering ordering that control panel and possibly some other cockpit parts. Anyone here already have it and hopefully some pictures of it finished? I'm curious how hard it is to install that part without ordering the full cockpit. Yokes or no yokes.
LeviathanPrime
#2 Posted : 11 April 2016 21:58:53

Groups:

76 views and no responses? Does no one have this in either form?
GoofyFoot
#3 Posted : 11 April 2016 22:39:17

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

LeviathanPrime wrote:
76 views and no responses? Does no one have this in either form?

Sorry...the only Shapeways parts I've gotten are the Han and Chewie made by LrdSatyr. Those will probably be the only ones I can swing as well, as it was a tough sell convincing my wife to let me get this kit (I had to promise to eat less junk-food and lose some weight in order to help pay for this).
If at first you don't succeed,

maybe you should skip the chainsaw juggling...
LrdSatyr8
#4 Posted : 12 April 2016 15:28:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I used my own sticker replacement for my console and then filled in the details with epoxie putty... here's my results.

davetwin
#5 Posted : 12 April 2016 19:59:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's looking pretty sweet, you can see a lot of work has gone in to it ThumpUp
LrdSatyr8
#6 Posted : 12 April 2016 21:30:18

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

davetwin wrote:
That's looking pretty sweet, you can see a lot of work has gone in to it ThumpUp

Thanks Dave... that's the original DeAgo console just with my new sticker replacements. I added the buttons and a few other things on it in epoxy putty to give it some raised texture and added fiber optics to it. Came out looking pretty good!
LrdSatyr8
#7 Posted : 12 April 2016 21:32:56

LeviathanPrime wrote:
I'm really not happy with the decal we have in place of the instrumentation in the cockpit. I'm seriously considering ordering that control panel and possibly some other cockpit parts. Anyone here already have it and hopefully some pictures of it finished? I'm curious how hard it is to install that part without ordering the full cockpit. Yokes or no yokes.

I've got Tony's console, but without the rest of his printed cockpit parts it looks kinda odd. The whole cockpit that DeAgo made was a bit large (around 1/41.5 scale they squeezed it into the cockpit. Tony's console is exactly 1:43 scale (in scale with the rest of the ship). When just the console is used it looks odd. Also it's really really really hard to paint those pin stripes on it! :)
Shauncnh
#8 Posted : 12 April 2016 21:35:03

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking greatBigGrin excellent workmanship.
Look forward to seeing the rest of your build

Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
LrdSatyr8
#9 Posted : 14 April 2016 20:43:43

Shauncnh wrote:
Looking greatBigGrin excellent workmanship.
Look forward to seeing the rest of your build

Regards Shaun

Thanks bro... glad you like it... but as you can see... it really doesn't take much to make the provided console really look good! Just a little patience!