Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

20 Pages «<1617181920>
Karl's H.M.V Endevour.Part work's with Eaglemoss. Options
karl1113
#341 Posted : 25 September 2012 11:13:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

hi tom,yes it does come with a stand,the name plate has the builders name and date already burnished on it,which of course I won't be showing as I havn't learnt how to pix-elate yet?BigGrin
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Hans
#342 Posted : 25 September 2012 15:26:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good job there Karl. Thanks for the diary. It lets me know what I'm in for when I start. Althought the Vic is keeping me busy.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
karl1113
#343 Posted : 25 September 2012 15:46:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

hi hans,although the quality was a little iffy at times,it has evolved into a reasonable model.and thanks for the comments.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

steph00
#344 Posted : 27 September 2012 11:46:54

Hi Karl,

Great that you are keeping this going and it's coming together great mate.

My question is about the beads they gave, seems you need a lot more than supplied. Would you know where I could get some and what size to get.

I know you get fed up with us that arn't posting our builds BUT I'm to new to this that I would rather watch the masters

Cheers
Steph

karl1113
#345 Posted : 27 September 2012 12:32:52

hi steph,would I be right to say that you are female??we have hardly any on board,and if your not female my apologies,it's just the name!I transgress,the parrel beads supplied should be well enough,just make them up when the mag says so,although the mag shows them with the plan,it doesn't mean you make them all up,some more came with this weeks issue.but if you want to purchase them http://www.cornwallmodel...amati_parrel_beads.html
it's the 6mm.parrel beads and spacers.

steph00
#346 Posted : 27 September 2012 14:17:02

Hi Karl,

No sorry another male. My mother may have wanted a female BUT.
I'm the one that is doing it due to hand injury needed to build use up.
Like I said I've never built anything above airfix as a child but am enjoying this. the quality of parts and details could be better.

I subscribe and wish I'd gone through newsagents due to length of time waiting for delivery.
I am collecting the Victory too which looks better quality but not starting it until this one done.
Thanks for info, I knew you'd know. I only got 25 beads in total and didn't know if anymore would be issued.

Anyway thanks for your postings been a great help.

Regards
Steph

karl1113
#347 Posted : 27 September 2012 16:06:30

week 88,the ships jollyboat is started.the series of pics takes you through the stages of planking.first off,the base needs re-inforcing use 4x4mm for this,mine was warped so the 2 beams(4x4mm,)helped straightened this out.after sanding the bow and stern so the planks fit flat against the ribs,the first plank is the only one that wasn't tapered both ends.the tapering starts from the centre 4 ribs,tapering down to 1 mm.each end.I used medium superglue.

Gus W
#348 Posted : 27 September 2012 18:01:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nice one Karl. Are you going to be painting or staining it?

Currently Building:

Eaglemoss HMB Endeavour
De Agostini Sovereign of the Seas
karl1113
#349 Posted : 27 September 2012 18:35:04

hi gus,yes will be painting boat.

karl1113
#350 Posted : 28 September 2012 12:40:31

a bit of kit bashing,made a forecastle deck,I carefully removed the sternpost down to former 2. and also former 3,made a ply(.05mm.)deck,and the planked it with 2mm.x.05mm.

next was the flooring from 2mm. x .05mm.next is to double plank.

karl1113
#351 Posted : 28 September 2012 16:33:18

that's it double skinned.

Gus W
#352 Posted : 28 September 2012 17:49:47

Crikey Karl, you don't hang about! BigGrin Looks great.
Currently Building:

Eaglemoss HMB Endeavour
jonny7england
#353 Posted : 28 September 2012 18:11:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Damn fine work there Karl!! Wink ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
karl1113
#354 Posted : 28 September 2012 19:37:40

thank you gents,think the jolly will turn out the best bit of this build.

Gus W
#355 Posted : 03 October 2012 11:36:21

I had to smile at what a poor design and technique Eaglemoss, and therefore Occre, suggest for the building of this boat. It is just too easy to end up with a skewed boat! The detail is lacking also. Based on what I have seen for the Victory build, the AL parts and technique for the ship's boat look far superior in every respect.
Currently Building:

Eaglemoss HMB Endeavour
karl1113
#356 Posted : 03 October 2012 15:01:31

hi gus,I understand where your coming from,but I believe it's the suppliers(eaglemoss)who are to blame for the poor quality,I suspect when the tenders went out for this commission,they went for maximum profit and accepted the cheapist one.it is not the manufactures fault there version of the san filip is far superior to the endeavour.with a shorter issues it is cheaper,so you pays yer money ect.

Tomick
#357 Posted : 03 October 2012 15:07:28

Groups:

Nice work Karl on the Jolly Cool
karl1113
#358 Posted : 03 October 2012 15:43:13

thanks tom appreciated.BigGrin

MWG
#359 Posted : 03 October 2012 16:23:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Karl, nice build of the longboatBigGrin What is the length and width of the vessal? Kind regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

karl1113
#360 Posted : 03 October 2012 17:21:01

here they are mike, length 135mm. x 40mm. and depth is 25mm.