Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Airfix queen Elizabeth 1 Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 25 April 2016 20:23:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all I bought this a while ago from eBay, I'm rubbish at figures but need a break from ships and cars so thought I would start this.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 25 April 2016 21:09:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That face looks really good Ken.Great job

Carl

Plymouth57
#3 Posted : 25 April 2016 21:12:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Lovely start there Ken! Cool Cool

Sometime's I think it's great to give these old kits from yesteryear a good try out. I was looking up these old Airfix figures when I started Frederick's build and couldn't believe how many they actually produced - twenty at the last count!!Blink
Best of luck with old 'Lizzie!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
ian smith
#4 Posted : 25 April 2016 21:37:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Ken.
Great start to your build, look forward to seeing your progress IanCool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
arpurchase
#5 Posted : 25 April 2016 22:02:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking good, Her father was on fleabay this weekend too I thinkCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Tomick
#6 Posted : 26 April 2016 07:19:51

Groups:

Great start Cool

There are serious collectors of historical figure range and certain ones now very sought after, approx 17 figures in the range.

Tomick attached the following image(s):
the-hornby-visitor-centre.jpg
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 26 April 2016 15:11:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That looks really good.BigGrin

I remember buying these figures as a child. My mum used to do the detail painting bits as at one time she used to hand paint lead soldiers as a job.

Wish I`d kept them now as just found "Charles 1st" on ebay

Deep pockets needed for what was once a pocket money kit.Crying

Charles 1st

Keep up the good work.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

kpnuts
#8 Posted : 26 April 2016 20:21:08

Hi all here's another update.
stevie_o
#9 Posted : 26 April 2016 22:51:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

davetwin
#10 Posted : 27 April 2016 00:03:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That looks pretty good to me Ken, I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to doing figures
kpnuts
#11 Posted : 27 April 2016 07:02:23

Yep gold leaf again, I really like it compared to gold paint, well there is no comparison, you can't get more realistic than the actual stuff.
kpnuts
#12 Posted : 27 April 2016 18:47:33

Hi all another update on this, I'm actually quite enjoying it.

ian smith
#13 Posted : 27 April 2016 20:43:56

Hi Ken
Agree Gold Leaf or Gilding Gold Looks better Than Gold Paint.
Looking Fab.Cool BigGrin
Regards Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
jase
#14 Posted : 27 April 2016 22:40:29

I remember doing some of these as a kid, I recall I built Julius Ceaser and Oliver cromwell one Christmas morningBigGrin I also had the black price complete with removable helmetDrool

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Affix really gave her a miserable look though LOL LOL

Build is great as always

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain