Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Can't see pics - is it just me? Options
roymattblack
#1 Posted : 12 May 2016 23:30:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

When I try to view the official build, most of the time the pics don't show.
I just get a small box with 'jpeg...' in it.

Everything else on the forum works - just not the official build.
Is it just me?
How can I fix it?

Roy.
greyhawk
#2 Posted : 12 May 2016 23:37:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Attached pics have never worked for me. I can maybe see 1 in 20. If I reload 50 to 100 times there is a slight chance the 1 in 20 has worked out in such a way that I've seen all the pics on any given page by the 100th reload. The only time I reliably see pics is if someone used a dedicated image hoster instead of the attachment function.
Tomick
#3 Posted : 13 May 2016 07:30:24

Groups:

roymattblack wrote:
When I try to view the official build, most of the time the pics don't show.
I just get a small box with 'jpeg...' in it.

Everything else on the forum works - just not the official build.
Is it just me?
How can I fix it?

Roy.

As your a regular MS visitor, I would have thought you would have already been aware of this longstanding problem which has been reported in the Errors topic numerous times. Which is something that is affecting ALL direct upload images and also often affects file share hosted images across the forum. Generally a page refresh restores the photos.
http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=14875

Our Tech guys are exploring possible solutions as so far an easy fix has evaded them.

I might add that Smileys are not currently operable.
z8000783
#4 Posted : 13 May 2016 08:42:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Most people have access to some webspace from their ISP these days, with simple instructions how to use it

It is better to cut down the photos to 800 x 600 px and ftp them up. You can then put a link to them on the page.