Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Michu's Apache AH64D Options
michu
#1 Posted : 14 May 2016 23:16:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I received today packs 3 and 4 of the Apache partwork, so here's my progress. For now I'm building out of the box, but I might revise later and add some weathering...

The solid metal tub is populated with quite presentable seats and various instrument panels:

Glass (well, clear plastic) is installed in the door panels. Each of the doors also receives a short support rod that is very fiddly to install - a tiny magnetised screwdriver is very helpful here.

The characteristic radome of the Apache helicopter is provided already built up, which is a tiny bit disappointing - I'd love to work on this detail myself. It can be posed open or closed, which hints on possibilities to build this model in flight or in maintenance mode - we will see what will future issues bring.

And another pre-built item (received last month, but shown here for completeness) is the gun. Quite pretty.

So... that's all for now, thanks for looking :)
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Gandale
#2 Posted : 14 May 2016 23:38:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great start Michu, look forward to your next update.....

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#3 Posted : 14 May 2016 23:59:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great Start Michu. The cockpit does look quiet good. Look forward to the next updates.
Chris 😀👍🏼
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

arpurchase
#4 Posted : 15 May 2016 00:13:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Starting to come together now and nice detail.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

michu
#5 Posted : 15 May 2016 00:47:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The tiny lever on the control panel left off the rear seat has escaped the grip of my tweezers and plinked away in the unknown direction twice today. I found it each time within 30 seconds, even though it was buried in carpet 2-3m from where I was building.

I must be getting better with this hobby, at least the carpet monster fighting aspect of it.
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

tf64
#6 Posted : 15 May 2016 08:54:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start Michu, this kit looks so detailed by your excellent pictures keep sending.

Regards Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

greyhawk
#7 Posted : 15 May 2016 13:35:54

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

davetwin
#8 Posted : 15 May 2016 14:21:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good michu, cant wait for this to be release, fingers crossed
birdaj2
#9 Posted : 15 May 2016 14:25:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Michu

A great looking model and very detailed.

Hope you get lots of fun building this one.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
michu
#10 Posted : 15 May 2016 16:16:26

It's still a test but I'm having fun with it anyway and I'm going to subscribe if/when it goes live. Then I'll just continue my build log from where I left off :-)