Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages «<131415
HMS SURPRISE Build Log by Barry Options
BarryM
#281 Posted : 04 December 2017 09:42:46

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Been absent from the Surprise for a couple of weeks but back again...Ready to fit the bow Gunwale covers but the ones supplied didn't come close to fitting, my fault I think probably didn't get the shape right in the beginning, and the port & starboard sides are slightly different.Crying
Anyway with Santa arriving early again this year and bringing me a Dremel Moto saw cutting out new covers to fit the whole bow section was a breeze.BigGrin BigGrin

BarryM attached the following image(s):
11 Dremel Moto Saw small.jpg
12 Bow Gunwale covers small.jpg
There's no time like the present.....
birdaj2
#282 Posted : 04 December 2017 09:56:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Neat work Barry.

That dremel is a nice tool. I picked one up myself last year. Especially liked the way it stores away in its own case.

Hope the rest of you build goes well.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
jase
#283 Posted : 04 December 2017 13:45:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nicley done. All looking good, the drimmelnsaw looks intresting

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Matelot one
#284 Posted : 08 December 2017 15:54:32

Very nice work Barry, and I'm jealous of your new saw!!
________________________________________________________________________________________

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
Matelot (ˈmætləʊ) , Matlo or Matlow
noun
(Nautical Terms) slang chiefly Brit - a sailor

Gandale
#285 Posted : 08 December 2017 23:19:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice work Barry, looking good....Cool Cool .. The saw will serve you well and can see you've already put it to good use.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
giant242
#286 Posted : 26 December 2017 14:10:02

That is sweet ~ GJ and I'm sure you'll find plenty of work for your new saw. Maybe should give 'Santa' an extra hug ;)

have fun, jess
Garth
#287 Posted : 27 February 2018 06:58:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Barry,
Nice work on the deck. I really like the colour.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
BarryM
#288 Posted : 01 March 2018 09:31:24

Hi Guys.......been absent for a while, had a heart attack towards end December and had some surgery, managed to get over that o/k then early January ended up with pneumonia Cursing feeling a bit better every day and hope to start work on the Surprise again soon...just hope their aren't any more Surprises round the cornerBigGrin
There's no time like the present.....
delboy271155
#289 Posted : 01 March 2018 09:41:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Good to see you back and hope you feel a lot better.BigGrin

Take care and look forward to seeing more of your Surprise when you get back to it.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#290 Posted : 01 March 2018 10:11:13

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

So sorry to hear that Barry and sincerely hope you are well on the mend now... You take good care of yourself, hope to see you make a full recovery and back working on your Surprise.... Will look forward to seeing how you progress....Cool Cool

Best regards

Alan
Matelot one
#291 Posted : 02 March 2018 22:17:28

Nice to hear that you are on the mend Barry, The only Surprise you need now is "HMS Surprise"!! Looking forward to when we see some new pictures! You'll be over taking me in no time!
________________________________________________________________________________________

Built Mare Nostrum
Google Photo Album
Matelot (ˈmætləʊ) , Matlo or Matlow
noun
(Nautical Terms) slang chiefly Brit - a sailor

ian smith
#292 Posted : 11 March 2018 22:12:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Barry.
Looks a very nice build.
Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Gary Wade
#293 Posted : 03 April 2018 22:22:43

Groups: New Members

Good Afternoon:

My Name is Gary Wade and i have a question in regards to the build of the stern of the Surprise.
Planks edge to edge or.... the instructions are very vague even with the pictures. The model is from LATINA.
This is my first time working on a plank on frame i would like to thank you in advance for your help.
If you have the time direct communication via email my work better?
My e-mail is garycw@shaw.ca

Thank you again for your time
Gary Wade