Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Color me impressed Options
Altaguy
#1 Posted : 28 May 2016 00:05:31

Groups: Registered

And I don't press easy. I got my shipping email May 18th, and as I live in Canada, I figured the enormous drag factor of Canada Post would result in me receiving my 1st package in about a month via Timbuktu.

Imagine my surprise when I got home today and found a package sitting on my steps!

After clutching it to my chest and cackling manically (I really did. Out loud, too!), I went inside and looked at the shipping label. And herein lie my 2 questions:

1) The sticker said 'Fedex'. Am I safe in assuming that DeAg has passed on using Canada Post? If so, thank the maker.

2) The sticker also had a return address in Ontario. Is this where the Canadian kits are coming out of? Or is it just a sorting depot up north?

I was truly surprised to get it so quick, especially since we just had a long weekend up here. I haven't even had an opportunity to get all the other things I wanted build the kit with!

If my next package comes just as quick, I may have to change my sub from 25 to 12!

~ Alta
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 28 May 2016 01:25:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Alta,
welcome to the forum.I am forum support for USA/Canada. I am not sure about the shipping method used.I am glad you got your packages quickly.I know from experience that packages going from USA to Canada and vice versa sometimes take a while

Carl

Altaguy
#3 Posted : 28 May 2016 02:33:10

Why thank you, Carl! On a side note, that was my Dad's name.

I have been perusing this forum for at least a month, and had read of some of the subscribers woes on this side of the border. So, it really shocked the crap out of me when I arrived home today and it was on my doorstep. I'm pretty sure CP didn't put it there because that'd be...like...work. Which is a totally verboten word around them. The box is small enough that it should fit into one of the bigger compartments in the Superbox, so *if* CP delivered it, they went way beyond service for some reason. So, that and the 'Fedex' on the sticker made me wonder if it had been couriered instead.

At any rate, I thought I'd ask the community and see if anyone had a possible answer.

~ Alta
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 28 May 2016 07:31:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum Altaguy and have fun with your build. I think you will Find Fed-ex are a private postal service for packages.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Altaguy
#5 Posted : 01 June 2016 12:25:14

arpurchase wrote:
Welcome to the forum Altaguy and have fun with your build. I think you will Find Fed-ex are a private postal service for packages.

I think I've figured out what's going on with FedEx. There are rumors of a postal strike up here, and as a safeguard many companies are opting to use other methods of delivering mail and packages instead of using CP. That way they don't risk having deliveries suspended.

Altaguy
darbyvet
#6 Posted : 01 June 2016 14:06:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

So I heard back form customer service.Packages are sent to Canada via Fedex because of shipping delays using other methods.The warehouse is in USA. I buy and sell model kits form Canada sometimes and the postal service is a nightmare.I can get packages from Japan quicker than I can get packages from Canada and I only live about 50 miles south of the Canadian border.

Carl

Altaguy
#7 Posted : 02 June 2016 00:10:47

Really? Well, that's just super to know! Thanks, Carl!

Alta