Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Arm assembly issue? hmmm? Options
Woinson95
#1 Posted : 03 June 2016 23:01:43

Groups: Registered

Hi

I seems to be having a slight issue not sure if I have made it or not. I have just finished stitching up the outer parts of the arm piece and came to do the stitches to hold the chain in place and there seems to be too much chain for the area?? I have attached some images to show what I have done and the issue in question. I hope someone who has completed this can shed some light on the matter. Thanks :) Woinson95
File Attachment(s):
Stiching_Done.JPG (1,978kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
Close_Up_Of_Issue.JPG (3,560kb) downloaded 49 time(s).
Building - Samurai Armour :)
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 03 June 2016 23:24:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Woinson

If I remember correctly you are given a template that shows what links need to be removed to get the correct pattern for the chain mail. From your pics I think this has been done and the top triple panel is in the correct position.

What you need to do now is line up and sew the chain on the left side in a straight line down from the edge of the triple plate straight down. Once this is done the chain should fall into place for the right side.

Regards

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Woinson95
#3 Posted : 03 June 2016 23:27:20

Hi

I try to get it so its all flat and spaced but it always bunches up at one end. All the links needed are taken out. I'm just thinking if the 6 plates are upside down or not. Seems to be as per the instructions.
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 03 June 2016 23:32:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi

forgot to add use sewing pins [ raid the wifes sewing box lol ] to line it up on the left side, sew the chain in place and it will drop into its correct position on the right side ready for sewing
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Woinson95
#5 Posted : 03 June 2016 23:43:55

Okay will have a go in the morning and see how I get on. Will reply to say what's happened with it
Stuntie
#6 Posted : 06 September 2016 18:45:42

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Some tricks I used on the chainmail was to put a spot of Tippex (typewriter correction fluid) onto the rings that I need to remove so that I can handle the chain mail easier off the sheet to split the rings, without getting it wrong. Also can be brushed off with the finger if you get it on the wrong ring.

I also used two sets of pliers with a bit of sellotape/scotch tape on the ends to minimise damage to the paint. One to hold the ring, and one to bend open.

You don't need to open the rings much, just enough to slip them off.
Bend the rings apart by holding one side of the break and twisting the other side down to create a gap rather then widening the circle. It enables you to get the rings off, but doesn't open the circle, making it easy to simply close the two ends back together to join them back up for making the later stage 31 etc.

Cheers
Stuntie.

Building: R2D2 and Sovereign of the Seas
Subscribed: Bounty