Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
OldSid's Fat Boy Build Options
oldsid
#1 Posted : 07 June 2016 22:13:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Waiting on my first months subscription of the Harley Fat Boy. While I am waiting, I am finishing up building an 8 Ft Wingspan R/c Telemaster Airplane. The picture of the completed airplane is a 6 Ft Wingspan R/C Telemaster that I just sold. The pictures of the Fuselage and Wings is for the 8 Ft Wingspan Telmaster I am finishing up. Will probably sell this one also.

Completed 6 Ft Telemaster

8 Ft Telemaster Fuselage

8 Ft Telemaster Wings
oldsid
#2 Posted : 08 June 2016 17:46:09

Received notification today that the first months subscription for my Fat Boy Kit has been shipped. From what I read here tho, nothing can be done except sit it on the shelf and wait for the second month to arrive. I wish there was a way to speed up the delivery of the second month. In the meantime, I will be finishing up my build of the 8 Ft Telecaster.
k8 vnl
#3 Posted : 12 June 2016 15:35:27

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The size of that thing.
Built and building

All things Airfix & Revell.
oldsid
#4 Posted : 13 June 2016 04:04:20

Received notification that the first month Fat Boy was shipped last Wednesday. Same day got notification that my complete Hummber model was shipped and it came two days later on Friday. Still haven't received the first months Fat Boy Kit. Do the partial kits come from some place other than the full kits, and that's why it takes longer. I'm going to try to call Model-Space tomorrow and see if I can find out what's going on.
darbyvet
#5 Posted : 13 June 2016 05:52:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

The full kits are shipped differently from the monthly kits.I am not sure if they can speed up delivery on the Fat boy.If you can PM me your name and order number I can check on that for you.

I am forum support for USA

Carl

oldsid
#6 Posted : 13 June 2016 20:00:19

Just like me, I jumped the gun again. Received 4 large boxes from Model-Space last Friday, cut open the boxes but didn't look to see what was inside. Lo and behold, looked today and the parts 1 - 7 for the Fat Boy were in there as well as the full Hummer Kit. I am going to start on the Fat Boy first... will post again with some pictures when I get started. Thanks for your patience.
oldsid
#7 Posted : 14 June 2016 19:38:43

Started My Fat Boy Build yesterday. Couldn’t do much with just the first months subscription on hand. But it went well ....installed the left handgrip, turn light and mirror to the handlebar. Parts fit perfectly. Excited now to get the next months parts.

arpurchase
#8 Posted : 14 June 2016 20:29:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice start, the tank gives an indication of the size of the finished beast.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

oldsid
#9 Posted : 12 July 2016 01:00:52

Seven boxes arrived today, haven’t opened them yet. I’m sure most of it is my D51 kit that I ordered a couple weeks ago. Hopefully in one of them will be Month two of my Fat Boy subscription

Seven Boxes Arrived today
oldsid
#10 Posted : 12 July 2016 19:17:23

Installed Right Hand grip and turn light to Handlebar. Installed Brake Caliper to Left Fork. Both stored away for future use. All I can do right now until I get next months subscription. Going to be slow going at this rate. How I wish I had the full kit.

Handlebar Assembly and Left Fork w/Brake Caliper Installed
Nytetrain
#11 Posted : 12 July 2016 23:27:35

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start to the build. Yes, waiting is the worse part but... it's like Christmas every month. Besides you have your D-51 and your Hummer to keep you busy while you wait. If not you can always do a side project in between shipments to practice your air brush skills. Have fun with the build.

Ron
Best Regards,
Ron

On the bench: DeAgostini '67 Ford Shelby Mustang, Hachette Space Battleship Yamato 2202, Agora Models T-800 Terminator
Finished builds: DeAgostini Toyota 2000GT
In the Stash: Losing count...
Spal
#12 Posted : 13 July 2016 00:05:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good start Sid, like Ron said its good to have a couple of things on the go to keep you occupied.

The Fatboy will soon start to take shape.

Al
oldsid
#13 Posted : 01 November 2016 20:28:44

Finally got back to work on the Harley Fat Boy. I have several boxes of assembled parts waiting for more pieces to put them together. Also an assortment of screws that I don’t know where they belong or what type of screws they are. Anyway, here is a picture of the assembled engine.

Next picture is a pic of the screw sampler display that came way back in some issue, plus a box to keep assemble parts and screws in. The screw sampler is less than useless unless some time back I missed a chart describing what each screw is and what type it is. Does anybody know if there is a chart available showing the screw types and where I can find or get it if there is one?

This is a picture of what I consider is a huge mess. Boxes and boxes of parts and partially assemble parts that instructions said to store for future use. Never again will I buy a model via the subscription process. Every time to start on a new issue when it arrives, there is always instructions to find parts from previous issue so then it’s like a scavenger hunt to go thru all the boxes to find the part. And then to use a screw ‘Type ?” from stage something or other. Have no way to identify the correct screw… the screw sampler that came some time back is less than useless. Did I miss somewhere along the line a chart to identify each screw as to size and TYPE?

Tomick
#14 Posted : 01 November 2016 21:05:53

Groups:

Your claim that it is impossible to identify the screws is unfounded!

The screw sample set very clearly identifies each crew type and size, you can even do a check of each screw type by placement into one of the various type screw boxes as noted in the same discussion you started here http://forum.model-space...amp;m=213800#post213800

It's also common practice to store any remaining parts from each Stage within a labelled bag that is numbered to correspond with its Stage number. There is no problem with screw identity using the screw sample set.
birdaj2
#15 Posted : 01 November 2016 21:15:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That screw sample pack is a rather smart idea.

Something i have never seen before and a good reference set.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
arpurchase
#16 Posted : 01 November 2016 21:16:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have already answered this on your other post about screw identification, clearly from your second photograph you have the same screw sampler that we all have and from the photographs posted there and again below the screws are identified by a letter and there sizes. The sampler also has pouches above each screw to store the screw until it is needed in the build.

Its a simple matter to identify any screw using the sampler and is provided to do that if you are unsure of any screw type that has lost its label or not been identified from a previous pack.
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
PB010274.JPG
PB010266.JPG
PB010267.JPG
PB010269.JPG
PB010271.JPG
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

oldsid
#17 Posted : 01 November 2016 21:44:15

Pack 12 today. Assembled headlight, installed headlight bracket to front fork assembly, installed headlight, placed both fork springs in place and installed fork caps to hold it all together. I tried to dry fit the front wheel (I think it’s the front wheel) to the assembled fork assembly and it doesn’t want to go in without spreading the forks somehow. Unless the wheel I have is maybe the rear wheel. Cross that bridge when I get to it.

oldsid
#18 Posted : 01 November 2016 21:56:11

Tomick wrote:
Your claim that it is impossible to identify the screws is unfounded!

The screw sample set very clearly identifies each crew type and size, you can even do a check of each screw type by placement into one of the various type screw boxes as noted in the same discussion you started here http://forum.model-space...amp;m=213800#post213800

It's also common practice to store any remaining parts from each Stage within a labelled bag that is numbered to correspond with its Stage number. There is no problem with screw identity using the screw sample set.

WOW! Is my face red or what.. I must apologize. When I looked again, just like you said the screw type is identified by each screw. I just didn't see the letters... Can I blame old age and poor eyesight?
oldsid
#19 Posted : 01 November 2016 21:59:49

I have been trying to label each bag of screws as they come and putting them in the parts box that was sent earlier. But I have done a poof job of doing that. Anyway, again sorry for jumping the gun again. Easy to figure out now.
oldsid
#20 Posted : 01 November 2016 22:01:18

Pack 12 today. Assembled headlight, installed headlight bracket to front fork assembly, installed headlight, placed both fork springs in place and installed fork caps to hold it all together. I tried to dry fit the front wheel (I think it’s the front wheel) to the assembled fork assembly and it doesn’t want to go in without spreading the forks somehow. Unless the wheel I have is maybe the rear wheel. Cross that bridge when I get to it.