Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Newbie - starting build this fantastic model Options
frah2o
#1 Posted : 16 June 2016 10:17:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Hi to everyones

My name is Francesco and i'm from italy (sorry for bad english)

I started to collect this mcLaren last week (i'm still waiting first pack).

I'll writing here because no one are building this model in italian model space forum. I'm so lonely in this building. Italian people prefer to build ships

I need to know some trick and tips for building my model beacuse is my first scaled model (i'm also collecting the Millenium Falcon)

The fitting instructions means the possibility to paint some details: like wheel pin hub, clutch, radiator mesh, end linkage steering....etc.

I read all building topics but i didn't find the color code to paint these details

Can help me to purchase the right paint.

I just bought the tobaccos decals for my model

Now i still looking for Senna's figure.

When first package will arrive, i'll open my build topic to show you the progress but especially for help in building by you (i read the whole building topic of NsxKid and dandare: just awesome)

Thanks a lot to everybody for support.

Francesco
Collection active: Lotus 97T, Audi Quattro A2, Vw Maggiolino '60

Work in progress: Porsche 911 RS Turbo

Completed model: Delta WRC Martini, Mclaren MP4/4, Golf GTI 1/8 Tuned
frah2o
#2 Posted : 17 June 2016 07:17:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi to everybody

Dea write me that first package is on the road.

I bought from autograph the Marlboro decals. Your links for searching this decals are so precious

I have just few question.

This decals set from the ability to choose wich decal fit? From what i can see, I think there are 2 choises for the rear wing, right?

Sorry for this question, but i would be sure to not make mistakes on my model.

frah2o attached the following image(s):
marlboro.JPG

RM1
#3 Posted : 17 June 2016 11:39:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Francesco. You are quite right ! it is a fantastic model.
Good luck with the build.
Malc.

michu
#4 Posted : 17 June 2016 12:32:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Francesco, have fun with this kit and welcome to the forums! This is a lovely kit and you'll be glad for starting a build diary here - you'll see this is a very friendly forum with lots of people willing to offer advice and motivation.
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
ian smith
#5 Posted : 17 June 2016 12:51:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Francesco.
Hope you enjoy your build. Look forward to seeing your build diary.
Ian.
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 17 June 2016 17:09:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Francesco

Firstly welcome to the forum and your certainly going to enjoy the build on this baby. Any questions just ask there are many members who will share there experience with you and the build diary's are also a great source for information . Below I have tried to answer your questions:-

The weathering washes I used on my model were Vallejo Umber Wash and Tamiya Smoke the Umber was used for the majority of parts and the Smoke was used on the radiators. The above colors can be used straight from the bottle or watered down to get thinner washes. If you want to color the exhausts the Alclad do a nice range. The links are examples im sure you have your own sources. Links below:-

https://www.amazon.com/d..._r=N8TYDKH408XJ3E0JXBMW

https://www.wonderlandmo...dqIb8gakVaPEaAmvE8P8HAQ

http://alclad2.com/finishes/hot-metal/

If you fancy improving the hoses ,clamps or maybe repainting ect then the two model shops below can help with buying these parts:-

http://www.hiroboy.com/D...rts--category--171.html

http://www.spotmodel.com/index.php

Also at spot the MFH Detailing Book on the MP 4/4

http://www.spotmodel.com...o.php?products_id=17554

The decals on the car were changed for certain races so if you have in mind building a certain race car then check out picture's to find the correct decals for that race.

The good news is as a subscriber you can apply for one Senna Figure to be sent to you but you will have to pay the postage, please contact C/S at the email address below asking about availability and that you are from Italy as Postage could be higher.

Sales@model-space.co.uk

Have a great build and remember to ask if you get stuck at any point.

Regards

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Nemesis
#7 Posted : 17 June 2016 18:08:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome! I have this kit and it is fantastic quality. Not started it yet, but I have most of the upgrades I need ands will be soon. Looking forward to seeing your build!
magpie1832
#8 Posted : 18 June 2016 07:48:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Francesco,
Welcome to the forum, you have chosen a great kit to build.
You will enjoy it through to the end. Look forward to your pics.
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

frah2o
#9 Posted : 20 June 2016 10:23:50

Many thanks to every body, i hope today will arrive the first delivery

Thanks also to "arpurchase" for links, tip and ticks to paint details for my mclaren.

I searching in the net pic of Monaco's Gp. I think to put tobacco's sponsor on my model like in this GP

Thanks to all and sorry for my english language

frah2o
#10 Posted : 22 June 2016 15:16:42

arpurchase wrote:

The good news is as a subscriber you can apply for one Senna Figure to be sent to you but you will have to pay the postage, please contact C/S at the email address below asking about availability and that you are from Italy as Postage could be higher.

Sales@model-space.co.uk

Have a great build and remember to ask if you get stuck at any point.

Regards

Andy

I follow your advise. i just sent mail to request the Senna figure. Thanks a lot for you advice.

Hust receive the first delivery. The quality of model is asbolutely stunning. i'm very happy.

ian smith
#11 Posted : 22 June 2016 15:59:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Look Forward to your first build post.
Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.