Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Has the C57 Locomotive been discontinued? Options
oldsid
#1 Posted : 20 June 2016 21:55:33

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Am I to assume the C57 Locomotive has been discontinued since it doesn't show on the Train Page. I see only the D51. Or is there a catalog available which shows more kits than are showing on the website?
Tomick
#2 Posted : 20 June 2016 22:22:06

Groups:

Its not on the USA traIn page as its not yet available in the USA
oldsid
#3 Posted : 21 June 2016 01:26:07

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Then it will probably be available in the US when I get around to try it. I am building the Fat Boy now as well as the Hummer. The Hummer is about 2/4 done and I have the full kit so will be able to continue with it till it's done. The Fat Boy is on the subscription plan and I only have the first month so will be awhile.

Anyway, I have been looking at the Locomotive as probably my next build when I finish the Hummer. I'm thinking I like the C57 better than the D51 so we'll see what is available when I get around to it.

By the way, I am super impressed with the quality of the kits. I have been building R/C airplanes and the last two were pretty nice but not even close to Model Space. An old friend I have know for years always had two things I heard him say many times, namely " You usually get what you pay for" and " it doesn't cost any more in the long run to go with the best.
Tomick
#4 Posted : 21 June 2016 08:26:49

Groups:

Great to hear your enjoying the kits so much!
michu
#5 Posted : 21 June 2016 09:36:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I am building (or in some cases already finished) total of 17 ModelSpace kits. Wonderful quality is a common theme to all of them. They are a pure joy to build, and even if you come to some snags along the way, the Customer Service is usually very helpful. Possibly the best on the market. Can't say there is any subscription I regret buying into.
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/