Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
Dedworth Dog's Build Diary Options
karl1113
#41 Posted : 04 May 2010 13:31:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

pink wheels,0000000000 love the lipstick darling. no seriously fine job well done.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Capt Stedders
#42 Posted : 04 May 2010 14:43:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

May I suggest priming the parts before painting? It looks like you needed a few coats of that Yellow Ochre to get a relatively even finish.

A can of Matte white aerosol primer from either Games Workshop or maybe a can of Vallejo would be ideal, but you can get away with a can from Halfords or B&Q if you need to, (just watch the flow rate and make sure you have shaken it well for several minutes).

This should not only give you a perfect foundation for your paint, but save you needing to apply so many coats.

Schnellboots on back burner

Tools.

dedworthdog
#43 Posted : 04 May 2010 15:07:01

Capt Stedders wrote:
May I suggest priming the parts before painting? It looks like you needed a few coats of that Yellow Ochre to get a relatively even finish.

A can of Matte white aerosol primer from either Games Workshop or maybe a can of Vallejo would be ideal, but you can get away with a can from Halfords or B&Q if you need to, (just watch the flow rate and make sure you have shaken it well for several minutes).

This should not only give you a perfect foundation for your paint, but save you needing to apply so many coats.

Good advice, thanksThumpUp
Follow my build to learn how to make firewood

MWG
#44 Posted : 04 May 2010 20:10:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great job DD you will have agreat model.
MWGBigGrin
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

dedworthdog
#45 Posted : 06 May 2010 10:50:12

I ordered my back issues 14 days ago today (23 April). Guess what? They haven't turned up yetMad I know they quote 14 days on every order but this must be the only company that actually takes 14 daysAngry I ordered paint from Cornwall models on Monday (Bank holiday) and received them yesterday. BigGrin I ordered the Endeavour Longboat, in 3 issues, which showed in stock on the website, from Deagostini/Modelspace and received part 2 before part 1. The reason, part 1 was out of stock and was on back order Angry If I do not receive my back issues PDQ I am seriously considering cancelling this projectCrying. There may wel be the chance to buy somne cheap paints, tools and books in the near future.

dedworthdog
#46 Posted : 06 May 2010 11:53:32

Just spoke to CS and my back issues went out on the 3rd

admin
#47 Posted : 06 May 2010 15:06:38

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi dedworthdog

Let us know if they don't arrive shortly, and I'll look into it for you.

Also, did you receive part 1 of Endeavour Longboat?

Admin
dedworthdog
#48 Posted : 06 May 2010 15:16:29

admin wrote:
Hi dedworthdog

Let us know if they don't arrive shortly, and I'll look into it for you.

Also, did you receive part 1 of Endeavour Longboat?

Admin

No I haven't yet received part 1 of Endeavour Longboat and BTW my account is still lockedCrying

dedworthdog
#49 Posted : 08 May 2010 11:06:33

Well it's now 16 days since I ordered my back issues, the postman's just been and no joyCrying CS stated they were posted on the 3rd so they have been in the postal system for 5 days, come on, other outfits manage to get goods to me next working day I have even ordered stuff from ebay in the afternoon and received it by 09:00 the next day all through the Royal Mail(So RM can perform well).
Now we are told the toolboxes will not be coming out with the third delivery some of us are waiting for these tools to continue with the build, not me, as I am still waiting for my back issues after MY mistake. I know it's my mistake which initially held up my build but Deagostini took payment for these back issues on 28th April so I think it's fair to expect delivery within a couple of days of that and fair for me to have a moanAngry Mad I am having very serious doubts about continuing to deal with Deagostini/Modelspace as this doesn't bode well for the future.Sad I'll give it till wednesday

jase
#50 Posted : 09 May 2010 00:25:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

stick with it matey once this hump is done it will run like clockwork for the remaining two years

BigGrin
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
dedworthdog
#51 Posted : 13 May 2010 14:35:37

Ok now to start onthe launch. Here's the jig all glued up and clamped, even I managed to do that with no problem

dedworthdog
#52 Posted : 13 May 2010 14:48:28

Ok next sticking the bits into the jig Warning these bits are very delicate Guess what? I managed to break 2 of these whilst assembling them hopefully the glue will hold long enough to get the planking on, any way here's some pictures

I Noticed that two of the bits were not parallel so I used the "making bits parallel tool" to correct this

jase
#53 Posted : 14 May 2010 01:14:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

love your making bits parallel tool!!
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Mike Turpin
#54 Posted : 14 May 2010 09:14:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

jase wrote:

I bet somebody asks whether you can get one on e-bay or would an ordinary pair of scissors do??Confused Confused

Mike T
dedworthdog
#55 Posted : 14 May 2010 11:56:24

Mike Turpin wrote:
jase wrote:

I bet somebody asks whether you can get one on e-bay or would an ordinary pair of scissors do??Confused Confused

Mike T

I have a stock, £25 per pair

Jamie
#56 Posted : 14 May 2010 12:15:10

I would have bought 2 off ya but Mike has pointed out that scissors will suffice Blink

I wish I were a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum,
'Cause how can you be grumpy?
When the sun shines out ya bum!!
Mike Turpin
#57 Posted : 14 May 2010 12:24:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

Jamie wrote:
I would have bought 2 off ya but Mike has pointed out that scissors will suffice Blink

Sorry DedworthCrying

Next time we ought to go into partnership with these wonder tools (50:50)LOL LOL LOL

Mike T
karl1113
#58 Posted : 14 May 2010 17:11:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

wow after all these years I had a wonder tool, never knew what to use it for till now Confused Confused
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
dedworthdog
#59 Posted : 20 May 2010 08:57:54

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Hurrah!!! My back issues have just arrived. Mind you it was the 2nd time they were postedBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin