Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
OldSid's Hummer Build Diary Options
oldsid
#1 Posted : 22 June 2016 17:54:16

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Got an IM from Tomick saying my Hummer Build Diary did indeed vanish into thin air. But all is not lost. In order to make it easier to add posts to the diary, I had saved everything in a Word Processor document. So I am going to attempt now to rebuild the diary using cut and paste.
oldsid
#2 Posted : 22 June 2016 17:55:14

Started my Hummer Build today. First picture is the Pack 1 Stages 1 - 5 Parts. Second picture is the Stage 1 and 2 complete which includes two wheels, hubcaps and the Assembled Hood.

Hummer Pack 1 Parts

Pack 1 Stages 2 - 3 Complete
oldsid
#3 Posted : 22 June 2016 17:56:23

Worked on the Hummer again today. First picture is the Pack 1 Stage 3 Parts. Second picture shows Stage 3 Complete. Tire mounted and glued on Wheel. Air Cleaner assembled. Servo Saver assembled.. quite a struggle squeezing the spring enough to get the nut on. (Tip:
Used a vise to squeeze the assembly and turned the nut with pliers. Scarred the nut a little with the pliers even with the nut wrapped with blue painters tape. Was able to smooth it again with a file and emery paper.)

Pack 1 Stage 3 Parts

]size=6]Pack 1 Stage 3 Complete[/size]
oldsid
#4 Posted : 22 June 2016 18:18:07

Continuing on with Stages 4 & 5. First pIcture shows the Stage 4 parts. Attached the mirror arms to the mirrors and put the mirror decals from the Stage 2 decal sheet on the mirrors. mirrors. The second picture shows the Stage 5 parts. The third picture shows the rear differential complete. The bearing, 20T bevel gear and the two 10T bevel gears installed in the differential case with liberal amount of grease. Third picture shows Hummer Pack 1 Stage 5 complete. Fourth picture shows Pack 1 Complete

[size-6}P1 Stage 4 Parts[/size]

P1 Stage 5 Parts

P1 Stage 5 Complete

Hummer Pack 1 Complete
oldsid
#5 Posted : 22 June 2016 18:19:03

Hummer Pack 2. First picture shows the parts included with Stages 6 - 10. Second Picture shows rear Bulkhead with upper and lower suspensions and shock stays installed. Also rear shock in plastic bag. Things went well til I destroyed one of the E rings that hold the shaft for the suspension in place. Fortunately I was able to purchase a supply of the same size E rings at my local hobby store. By the way… I forgot to mention in my first post how lucky I was to even receive the hummer Kit. All four large boxes containing the Hummer kit and the first month of my Fat Boy kit sat on my front porch all night without being stolen. Found them the next day when we came back from shopping.

[size-6]Hummer Pack 2 Parts[/size]

Pack 2 Stages 5 - 10 Complete
oldsid
#6 Posted : 22 June 2016 18:20:02

Hummer Pack 3. First picture shows the parts for Stages 11 - 15. Next picture shows Stage 11 - 15 Complete. Hope I have it together right.

Hummer Pack 3 Parts

Pack 3 Stages 11 - 15 Complete
oldsid
#7 Posted : 22 June 2016 18:21:33

Assembled Pack 4 today. First Picture shows the Pack 4 parts. Second picture shows the Pack 4 Stage 16 parts. Assembled the Right Rear Hub and attached it to the Rear Bulkhead. Third picture shows the Rear Bulkhead with the Right Rear Hub attached. Both Front Tires mounted to the wheels and decals put on hub caps. Both Front Shock Absorbers assembled. Fourth picture shows the Pack 4 Finished.

Hummer Pack 4 Parts

Pack 4 Stage 16 Parts

Rear Bulkhead with Right Rear Hub attached

]Size=6]Hummer Pack 4 Finished

oldsid
#8 Posted : 22 June 2016 18:24:00

Started the Main Chassis Assembly. First picture shows the Front Bulkhead assembly attached to the front part of the main chassis. Attached the torque arm between the bulkhead and the chassis. Second picture shows the assembled Front differential. Third picture shows Pack 5 Complete and the front Bulkhead assembled.

Pack 5 Stage 22 finished.

Pack 5 Stage 24 Complete

Pack 5 Complete
oldsid
#9 Posted : 23 June 2016 18:08:05

Building up the Front Suspension. Attached the upper and lower suspension holders dot the front bulkhead plate. Attached the bulkhead plate to the front suspension assembly. Built up the front steering plate and attached the right and left servo savers and attached the front suspension assembly to the chassis plate. Installed the upper and lower suspension arms to the front suspension. Assembled the left front hub and mounted the hub to the left side of the front suspension.

Pack 6 Parts

Pack 6 Front Suspension

Front Left Hub Assembly

Left Front Hub Attached to Front Suspension
arpurchase
#10 Posted : 23 June 2016 19:10:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

looking great
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

oldsid
#11 Posted : 23 June 2016 20:05:19

How is your D51 build going... I've been looking at that as my next kit when I finish the Hummer. I am also building the Fat Boy but on a month to month deal so that will be a long ways off. I have the full kit for the Hummer.
oldsid
#12 Posted : 23 June 2016 20:43:12

Started on Pack 7. Assembled the right front hum and installed it to the front suspension. Looks like maybe the chassis is complete except for some steering linkage which must come farther on in the build. Stage 33 starts the body work. Maybe start on that tomorrow.[/size\

Pack 7 Right Front Hub

Front Suspension with both Hubs

[size=6]Pack 7 Stage 33 Parts
arpurchase
#13 Posted : 24 June 2016 20:24:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Sid

Sorry for just getting back to you, I finished the D51 a while back now and here is a link to the finished model:-

http://forum.model-space...sts&t=15523&p=2

If you go to page 2 theres a picture of it in its case.

Right now im also building the C57 both models are great and also have there differences either would make a great build. The Fat Boy is a great build too and heavy when completed.

Regards

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#14 Posted : 24 June 2016 23:27:53

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Certainly coming along, very nice looking work going on.....

Regards

Alan
oldsid
#15 Posted : 25 June 2016 16:09:09

Assembled Front Right Hub and installed it to the Front Suspension. Stage 33 Body Frame glued together. Assembled the main gear case Stages 36 - 40. Installed the disc brake to the gear case. Installed the steering plate and servo saver assembly to the front suspension. Installed the main gear case, driveshafts, front torque tube and roll bar to the main chassis.

Chassis w/main gear case, steering plate w/servo saver, both driveshafts, front torque arm, and roll bar installed.

Stage 33 Body Frame Assembled.
delboy271155
#16 Posted : 25 June 2016 18:33:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Sid,

Definitely getting on with this one and making a fine job of it.

Well done.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

oldsid
#17 Posted : 26 June 2016 23:47:50

Left side, Right side and Rear body panels installed. Windshield frame also installed even tho instructions said to wait till later. Seemed better to me to install it now. Left and right track bars installed to front suspension. Fuel tank installed. Installed left and right body mounts to chassis and installed front and rear bumper mounts.

Body ready for paint

Left and Right Track bars installed to front suspension. Chassis w/Fuel tank installed. Front and rear bumper mounts installed.
Spal
#18 Posted : 27 June 2016 11:31:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Coming along nicely Sid.

Al
kenjara
#19 Posted : 30 June 2016 18:48:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Always nice to see another Hummer, I really enjoyed this build. Looking forward to seeing how your water transfer camo turns out.
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
oldsid
#20 Posted : 01 July 2016 04:27:10

Gave up on the water transfer paint. I purchased the kit and when I got around to see what I could do with it, I found I did not have a container large enough to dip the frame in to apply the transfer. I thought my laundry tub would be large enough but turns out it is not. So I guess I am just going to paint it.

And of course now I have an unused desert storm came dip it kit for sale. Probably be hard to sell it but maybe Craigslist will work.