Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2016 Ford Mustang Rental Car Options
davetwin
#1 Posted : 25 June 2016 15:58:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

So while in Nashville I wanted to experience an American muscle car, after looking at a Mustang, Camaro and Charger I settled on a Mustang as they are actually very reasonably priced to rent.

I wanted a convertible which is what I booked, however when I turned up it was not the convertible that was waiting for me, however they were very apologetic and did refund part of the rental cost.

Although it wasnt the convertible I wanted it was still a fantastic car. This is the standard, non GT, version with a 3.7 litre 310bhp engine.

I had a lot of fun driving the Mustang and instantly fell in love with it. After picking it up and getting back the hotel I managed to squeal the tyres and kick the backend out a little pulling away from the traffic lights and turning, purely by accident mind.

The Mustang really put a smile on my face when heading up the on lane to the interstate, when you put this thing in sports mode and floor the accelerator the bonnet rices into the air, you get kicked back in your seat and it makes an amazing noise, its just puts a massive smile on your face lol. The one draw back is that until I got on to the interstate and did some cruising it was averaging only 8mpg, its a good job fuel was cheap over there.

Here are a couple of pictures for you to enjoy

davetwin attached the following image(s):
Mustang1.jpg
Mustang2.jpg
Mustang3.jpg
Mustang4.jpg
Mustang5.jpg
Mustang6.jpg
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 25 June 2016 16:41:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Next year get the Charger with the 5.7 l Hemi engine in it.I had one and it was an amazing car to drive.The acceleration was insane

Carl

Tomick
#3 Posted : 25 June 2016 16:41:20

Groups:

Lovely car, bet you didn't want to give it back!
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 25 June 2016 17:10:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great looking car I bet everything is now tame in comparison
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

davetwin
#5 Posted : 25 June 2016 17:17:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I drive a 2008 1.8 Honda Civic, that certainly did seem very tame when driving home from the airport after the Mustang.

Giving it back was very hard indeed
darbyvet
#6 Posted : 25 June 2016 17:36:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

davetwin wrote:

The Mustang really put a smile on my face when heading up the on lane to the interstate, when you put this thing in sports mode and floor the accelerator the bonnet rices into the air, you get kicked back in your seat and it makes an amazing noise, its just puts a massive smile on your face lol. The one draw back is that until I got on to the interstate and did some cruising it was averaging only 8mpg, its a good job fuel was cheap over there.

Here are a couple of pictures for you to enjoy

A lot of the redone muscle cars over here are 8 cylinder and they have an "Eco" mode where only 4 of the 8 cylinders fire to save on gas.Nothing like that jolt you feel when you press on the accelerator and those 4 other cylinders wake up.

Carl

Gandale
#7 Posted : 25 June 2016 22:57:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Must have been a dream come true to drive around in one of these Dave, lucky boy.....

Regards

Alan