Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Crosshead clearance Options
tubab
#1 Posted : 26 June 2016 00:13:42

Groups: Registered

I have just added the first set of driving wheels and find that because of the large clearances of the wheel mountings the sides of the connecting rods on those wheels can rub against the back of the crossheads. There is no way to adjust this, has anybody else come across this?
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 26 June 2016 06:46:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Tubab

When the running gear is added this centralises all the wheels and also when it is put on its stand the wheel rollers on the stand hold the wheels in position. I have run mine several times now on its stand without problems.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

tubab
#3 Posted : 26 June 2016 10:02:58

Many thanks Andy, I was rather hoping that was the situation but there's little in the way of adjustment other than maybe grinding a little of the back of the crossheads. Anyway I am reassured and will wait until it's all assembled.

Regards Tony