Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

13 Pages «<7891011>»
FraH2o Building Diary - An Italian job Options
frah2o
#161 Posted : 11 October 2019 08:15:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Thanks so much mates.

I (re)started the carbon work on nose cone

I peel off the wrong MC decal, but i used is copied template for my carbon decal

This part is not linear, is a multicarbon like monocoque.
The upper part of nose is extra fine carbon like the radiator duct but with a lighter color compared to the darker radiator duct
The side (and i think the lower part) of nose cone have a bigger carbon (chequered)

The best match combo (in my mind) is the 1/32 on upper side and my chequered for side.
The bigger carbon is also present on front jaws of nose cone

I positioned the template on nose cone to diveide the future areas for different decal

Collection active: Lotus 97T, Audi Quattro A2, Vw Maggiolino '60

Work in progress: Porsche 911 RS Turbo

Completed model: Delta WRC Martini, Mclaren MP4/4, Golf GTI 1/8 Tuned
RM1
#162 Posted : 12 October 2019 19:17:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good.

Malc.
frah2o
#163 Posted : 17 October 2019 10:36:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

1/2

I started the work on nose cone, I erased the MC wrong decal, light gray primer and 1/32 carbon decal.
The real carbon on nose cone is a color like plaster

I used the MC template to coat the nose with my carbon.

FOr side of nose cone i used my 1/12 decal

I continued anf finished the work on radiator boxes. In the ECU zon there's a bigger carbon, so i used my 1/12

I also reworked the radiator in the inside to give a more realism and I also add the vaccum tube from radiator to water canister

frah2o
#164 Posted : 17 October 2019 10:55:27

2/2

After many matt clear coat i started and finished the work with rivets (on ral car are spherical hex bolt). I put the rivets and xf56 color and a final black panel line

I also addes rivets and head crew inside the bathtube following the references pics. For herad screw i used PE generic set for 1/12 motogp

I also little detail the brake bias control and i also modified the fitting syestem for future connection to extra cable inside the tunnel leg

I clear gloss coated the Ayrton seat to coat the carbon, next step will be the padding in the balck area with ducktape as on real MP4/4-02

I also replaced the throttle cable, the first version is too bigger size and wrong

RM1
#165 Posted : 20 October 2019 10:35:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Excellent work. Looking good.
Malc.
frah2o
#166 Posted : 21 October 2019 08:05:35

RM1 wrote:
Excellent work. Looking good.
Malc.

Thanks Malc.

I made some shot with monocoque and nose cone....but I'm not satisfied with end result: the pale gold base is too much visible.

I decrease the gold/bronze effect with another light coat of smoke, and now it's quite similar to real mocoque. The color change with different point of view and light. It changes in bronze, brown wit a littel bit green yellow...like the real mp4/4. I think to take the right way for this trouble

frah2o
#167 Posted : 21 October 2019 08:20:04

I finished the coat work on radiator pods with some layer of matt clear.
The carbon is quite on real car. Visibile only from very near

I made some pics with all carbon toghter (just missing the undertray which need the carbon work)

In every pic s the color change...like on real car, i'm so satisfied with end result.

RM1
#168 Posted : 21 October 2019 12:16:20

Lots of good work there BigGrin
Malc.
frah2o
#169 Posted : 26 October 2019 07:08:18

RM1 wrote:
Lots of good work there BigGrin
Malc.

Yes Malc....and i'm at 25% of this very long trip....Blink

I took the MC decal for undertray.

Mc decal set containd a template to reproduce the lower side of fornt monocoque. Mc explain to fit the firsr carbon coat, the reproduce with tamplate a styrene 0.2 layer to coat with kevlar.

This kevlar zone will connect to "U zone" on lower side of undertray

Next and last step is to take the last mc decal set, and then i think (maybe) to finish with this carbon monster

from autograph.de

tratto dai pfd di montaggio DeA

Markwarren
#170 Posted : 26 October 2019 09:09:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice work, loving the detail.Love

Mark
casper
#171 Posted : 01 November 2019 20:50:26

Bravo ThumpUp
love your work on the Monocoque and nose
casp
RM1
#172 Posted : 04 November 2019 11:41:00

Wow...keep up the great work.

Malc.
frah2o
#173 Posted : 06 November 2019 08:29:18

Markwarren wrote:
Very nice work, loving the detail.Love

Mark

casper wrote:
Bravo ThumpUp
love your work on the Monocoque and nose
casp

RM1 wrote:
Wow...keep up the great work.

Malc.

Thanks to much mates. I'm waiting the last MC decal set for undertray and i hope to finish to collect all carbon decals for this mp4/4.

I hope to restart to work on my mclaren in december...now i'm building another Delta WRC

frah2o
#174 Posted : 13 January 2020 09:35:17

Archived another commissioned Delta I can go back to my Mclaren .....I immediately went back to work on also for detoxify from this third Delta which i worked from october to January.

I admit that I had over an hour of blackout to try to get back on the reached building point.

I started again from the carbon decal: After received the last sets of the Museum Collection decal, I continued the working on undertray I started the work on the front: I closed the injection points just leaving the central poins that will be covered from monocoque

I work on two pieces that in the real car are one piece with undertray. These part are at base of inlet radiator pods

I also worked on rear undertray/diffuser: The extractor is well done but the final part has thicknesses that looked like sidewalks.

I started and finished the thinning work of the final parts of both the vertical bulkheads and the extractor itself (both laterally and in the central tunnel where there is the back of gearbox

I masked the coloured zones (that are correct for future decal base color) and I painted the black zone in graphite gray.

I Painted and removed the masking and then with a new blade I started to made some scratch on some credible areas where is possible contact with ground.

When ‘ll finished the decal work, the future clear coating, I’ll use a white and gray chalk to try to relicate the ground contact like on references photo.

roymattblack
#175 Posted : 13 January 2020 12:04:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Just amazing.
This one will be a real beauty. It's fun following your build.

Roy.
frah2o
#176 Posted : 14 January 2020 08:45:55

roymattblack wrote:
Just amazing.
This one will be a real beauty. It's fun following your build.

Roy.

Thanks very much Roy! Blushing

I started the first part of the decal work on undertray and extractor.

The MC decals are many and some different textures. I start to place theme in various step.

I started with the first part of carbon (dark gray), the first part of kevlar (yellow) and the third brown area which is a mixed wood composite (I think the Jabroc).

The T-tray for checking the height from the ground was imposed since (tragic) 1994.

Meanwhile the decals rest one day, I start the rework on hubs

My idea is to fill them and make them one-piece.
My first problem was to separate the hub from the stub....and I didn't remember if I had used cyan or glue for ABS (and it would be a big problem)

3 days in the freezer and they jumped off quite easily 3 ... on the 4th I put it back in the freezer and it took me a little more than "love" but I managed to separate it unharmed ....... ah, luckily it was cyano glue.

RM1
#177 Posted : 15 January 2020 08:50:31

Wow..amazing details as always. Great stuff !!
Malc.
frah2o
#178 Posted : 15 January 2020 09:28:06

RM1 wrote:
Wow..amazing details as always. Great stuff !!
Malc.

Thanks Malc!

After 3 day of decal work i finished the underside

I rest the decal at least for 48 hours to set all decals. Than i'll start to coat with matt clear to protect the decal and avoid the risk of damage to the decals when i'll work on the upperside.

frah2o
#179 Posted : 15 January 2020 12:38:57

Another problem is the loss of all caliper fitting pin on each hubs

I whole remade the new pin with metal wire. I opened new fitting holes on hub and i fitted new metal wire to have a new pin

I removed broken pins from caliper and i did a final fitting check with disc.

I also opened the blanked holes on rear wheel hub

FInally I Started the filling of mounting parts of the hubs

frah2o
#180 Posted : 17 January 2020 08:53:13

I finished the carbon work on upper side of diffuseur zone. Now just remainig the final work of clear matt coating

I started some little work on electrovalves of bypass circuit and for pressure/temperature of intercooler system.
I would made a better job, but it was a sure broken if i tried to dismantle the valve from the bracket.
So i made a little paint detail and i remade some joint. The Haynes book help me to understand the complicated bypass system

I made some little details to the radiators: i remade the hose joint with a shrink and added a selfmade alu clamps

I also little detailed the 3 main ecu: I cut the original plug and i added the top studio plug and some PE bolts on left radiator pod ecu.

Tratto dal mio libro Haynes

Tratto dal mio libro Haynes