Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages «<89101112>
WW1 Road Locomotive - "captured booty" Options
Tomick
#181 Posted : 12 November 2016 16:56:50

Groups:

ModelMania wrote:
Really loving this build Daran, a great subject and I think you've made a fantastic job of everything. I reckon it's your best ever, just pipping your 1:16 T-34 tank which was my favourite and I thought would be hard to beat, but this one is definitely a notch higher - very well done mate!! Drool Cool ThumpUp

Love the oily steamed look you've achieved with the boiler on your engine and Joe looks fantastic - top job. ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Just wait until the next "build with a twist" we taken on in 2017 Cool
pemberg
#182 Posted : 12 November 2016 18:27:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Really impressed with the build so far, the road loco and figure look fantastic.
Graeme
Gandale
#183 Posted : 12 November 2016 23:41:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Stunning Nem, another fabulous update.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
ModelMania
#184 Posted : 13 November 2016 11:50:40

Groups:

Tomick wrote:
ModelMania wrote:
Really loving this build Daran, a great subject and I think you've made a fantastic job of everything. I reckon it's your best ever, just pipping your 1:16 T-34 tank which was my favourite and I thought would be hard to beat, but this one is definitely a notch higher - very well done mate!! Drool Cool ThumpUp

Love the oily steamed look you've achieved with the boiler on your engine and Joe looks fantastic - top job. ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Just wait until the next "build with a twist" we taken on in 2017 Cool

Sounds very intriguing Tom, I'll look forward to the reveal with bated breath. WWI or WW2 - or neither? Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile

Mustang
#185 Posted : 13 November 2016 13:44:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice build mate, can't wait to see this finished.
My Favourite Building:- 1919 https://forum.model-spac...=339517&#post339517 -
Current Build - Below Decks - https://forum.model-spac...sts&m=339187#339187 -

Coming Soon -

Built:-. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Dry dock no room to display:-. Bismarck, U96.
To build:-. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.
Nemesis
#186 Posted : 13 November 2016 14:04:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thank you all for looking in and your comments, really enjoying this build, its something different to my usual military stuff.BigGrin
I have given the howitzer a coat of klear to seal it as the grey is prone to rubbing off when being handled, even though it is properly cured. Once it has dried I can carry on with the painting of the tools and the detailing.BigGrin
darbyvet
#187 Posted : 13 November 2016 16:50:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

looks great Nem. A combination of your superb building skills and an interesting twist on a classic kit has made this build a ton of fun to read.Looking forward to seeing the finished product

Carl

Nemesis
#188 Posted : 16 November 2016 19:55:40

Thank you everyone for looking in and your comments.BigGrin
I have started on the detailing of the howitzer. Tools have been painted in and the wear on the outriggers is underway.BigGrin
Nemesis attached the following image(s):
TE126.jpg
TE127.jpg
Spal
#189 Posted : 16 November 2016 20:57:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I'd almost forgot about the Howitzer part of this build Blushing great work Nem.

Al
birdaj2
#190 Posted : 16 November 2016 21:10:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Daran

A very inspirational build. To the point that i so wanted to add one of these kits to my collection and managed to get hold of one via ebay a week or so back.

With the number of traction engine kits suddenly getting listed on ebay and what appears to be a sudden interest i would bet your build is the reason why.

Really enjoyed watching you put this one together.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Nemesis
#191 Posted : 16 November 2016 23:41:46

Al, you forgot about lil' ole' me?!Crying Confused LOL BigGrin Thank you for your comments.BigGrin
Hello Tony and thank you, if my build has actually inspired others, then my job is done!BigGrin (awaiting commission payments from engine sellersLOL)
Well I have started on the washes and I thought I would do it in two halves to show what it actually does to the build, as you usually only see them when I have applied it all over. In the pictures you can see the contrast of the main howitzer and the outriggers. Its still slightly wet so its very sharp, but once it has dried fully it will dull down. Next will be the pin wash around all the smaller details. Joe has been helping out, he seems quite pleased with his prize!BigGrin He also gives a nice gauge to the size of the howitzer.
TE128.jpg
TE129.jpg
TE130.jpg
TE131.jpg
TE132.jpg
ModelMania
#192 Posted : 17 November 2016 10:53:29

Groups:

You are a master of the weathering art Daran, those outriggers look fantastic. A nice idea to show it in two halves, which really emphasises how much work is involved in weathering a kit?

Very well done mate, excellent work as always!! Drool Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
davetwin
#193 Posted : 17 November 2016 20:11:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

As Kev already said, a master of the weathering.

I really like posts like this that show the differences between weathered and un-weathered as it really does make all the difference in trying to work out what the weathering is doing to the finish.
Nemesis
#194 Posted : 17 November 2016 20:27:43

Not sure about being a master at weathering, but Thank you Kev and Dave for your commentsBlushing BigGrin.
Nemesis
#195 Posted : 17 November 2016 20:49:16

The howitzer has now had a thinned wash all over and I have done a pin wash to bring out some panels and the rivets. Again it all looks very sharp, but once I start the pigments and matt coat they will soften. Next up is the wheels.BigGrin

TE133.jpg
TE134.jpg
TE135.jpg
Nemesis
#196 Posted : 17 November 2016 21:36:06

The whole howitzer has been dry brushed with gun metal and the end of the barrel has been made sooty. I am going for a very well used and serviced look, not a complete wreck, or what was the point of the capture!Blink LOL BigGrin Next step is a matt varnish to seal it and then I can apply mud and dust, again not over the top, but enough to make it look used.BigGrin
TE136.jpg
TE137.jpg
TE138.jpg
Plymouth57
#197 Posted : 17 November 2016 23:18:59

Nem, I have to agree with the others! That really is a masterclass in weathering with washes!
That howitzer couldn't look more metal if you scratch built the whole thing in er, metal!BigGrin
Brilliant work as always!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
pemberg
#198 Posted : 18 November 2016 09:19:59

Fantastic job with the weathering, looks so realistic.
Graeme
tigerace
#199 Posted : 18 November 2016 14:03:06

Daran what a great looking build this isDrool Drool BigGrin and mud to come can`t waitLOL LOL regards Cool Phil
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Spal
#200 Posted : 18 November 2016 14:29:31

Super weathering Nem, Joe has been busy BigGrin

Al