Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

starting engine Options
Chani1312
#1 Posted : 30 July 2016 19:51:42

Groups: Registered

Hi guys i have completed my build and tried stsrting it up today but to no avail. I have followed all the instructions but once i put the glow plus and leave it for 3 seconds or longer before pulling the cord. It wont start. The cord feels like its getting stuck.

I'm struggling any idea? I cant see the fuel going through the pipe to the engine?

Anyone in UK manchester to help???
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 30 July 2016 21:22:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Chani

Have you read the engine set up instructions in the link below, check the needle setting for the carb and that the glow plug is working correctly [ only do this with fuel on the glo-plug coil so you dont burn it out]. The first start is always a pain but when it goes starting will get easyer.

http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=6294

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Chani1312
#3 Posted : 31 July 2016 10:54:39

I don't know what happened yesterday but all the fuel just leaked out from the bottom. I couldn't see a leak of anything. Im gonna have to strip the tank and engine clean it all up and re build it.

It's so upsetting. I thought i was there. After 2 years.

Need to get it fixed. Otherwise it will be a display model 🙁
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 31 July 2016 11:01:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Chani

Sorry to hear about your misshap .Check all your fuel conections and double check that all gaskets are in place. The worst that could happen is that you may have a split in your fuel tank so double check the moulding seams.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

walters1939
#5 Posted : 02 August 2016 20:40:13

I too am having a problem with fuel feed. I cannot keep the fuel line on the tank. After a few pulls on the starter for some reason the fuel line slips off the molded fitting and all the fuel drains out of the tank. I replaced the line with another, slightly longer but the same thing happened. Any ideas?
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 02 August 2016 20:57:35

Try using a small cable tie to hold the tube in place on the Tank and make sure the tube is the correct length so it is not streached from the tank to the carb.

Tomick
#7 Posted : 03 August 2016 07:13:37

Groups:

You need to clean the fuel/oil residue from the fuel tank nipple, it's this that is causing the fuel line to slide off the nipple as there is nothing for the fuel line to grip onto. Then either use a new length of fuel tube or clean fuel residue from 2cm of the end which you are fitting onto the nipple. Use something something like isopropyl alcohol or a degreasing fluid.
kenjara
#8 Posted : 03 August 2016 08:32:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I had the same issue with mine and what Tom suggested solved it. I cut a new section of tube to length and attached it after cleaning the nipple. I also positioned the new tube differently to make sure it wouldn't get tugged off by ant force on the chassis.
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/