Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The light is getting very close now. Options
jaws062666
#1 Posted : 01 August 2016 16:51:48

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I just got my shipping notice for month 20( issues 77-80)in the States. It is hard to believe that in 5 months this will be a completed project. I can't wait to see everybody's end results. It will be kind of sad because we have had many conversations over the nearly 2 years, and for this project at least, that will come to an end. I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts and look forward to future builds in the future.
My current builds: The Millennium Falcon, Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa, Ford Mustang Shelby
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 01 August 2016 17:00:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Doesnt time fly by when you are building an awesome kit.I have resisted the temptation to start mine yet, but I know when I do there will be a ton of great builds to look at for inspiration.Heres hoping there will be more Star Wars kits in the future to build.

Carl

rabidcatfan
#3 Posted : 09 August 2016 15:53:19

jaws062666 wrote:
I just got my shipping notice for month 20( issues 77-80)in the States. It is hard to believe that in 5 months this will be a completed project. I can't wait to see everybody's end results. It will be kind of sad because we have had many conversations over the nearly 2 years, and for this project at least, that will come to an end. I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts and look forward to future builds in the future.

I can virtually guarantee you that you will be working on this far beyond receiving the final months shipment if you plan on adding all of the details necessary to make this screen accurate. I personally will not paint anything until I have the entire ship built and all plant on details and greeblies in place. So, once I'm done with issues #97-#100, I will be starting masking the model to start the basecoat. I'm on month 18 and my guess is that I will be spending AT LEAST another 2 months or more doing all of the paint coats and small details.
TheKraken
#4 Posted : 09 August 2016 19:13:36

I think you'll find that you really do need to paint (at the very least prime) it as 3 sections before you fully assemble it. The top, the mandibles, and the bottom. Landing Gear are likely going to have to be painted separately as well. Bottom is easily assembled with all it's greeblies at this point.

There are a few greeblies on the mandibles that link it to the upper hull but with the overhangs between the upper hull and the mandible, you'll want to get some primer and probably some preshading with a base coat in there while you have easy access to it.

I can't seem to stress enough how many more people should be doing light blocking on the inside of the hull. That's something easily done at this point and not something you want to wait on having to dry every time you add another piece of plating.
Metal Mech
#5 Posted : 16 August 2016 14:57:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wish I was that close. I started 6 months behind everyone and then had to put it on hold for the last four months. I look forward to getting back to work on this.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete