Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
Tigersharks Cross Section Options
pemberg
#21 Posted : 21 August 2016 08:58:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

She's looking great. It certainly makes a difference once the mast goes in place.
Graeme
davetwin
#22 Posted : 21 August 2016 11:58:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful work so far! Just been having a look back at some of your older posts too admiring the work you've put in. You can certainly see where all the man hours of gone.
Tigershark
#23 Posted : 28 August 2016 12:10:22

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks everyone. So this week has seen the end of Episode 144 completed by sanding and staining the middle deck. I'm about two thirds of the way through episode 145 now. I managed to plank the bulwarks, line the gun ports and fit the mast collar. I decided I was going to put four tables into this deck and leave out the hammocks. I haven't managed to install these yet but they are pretty much completed along with the next set of deck gratings. Just need one more coat of paint on the next set of deck beams and then I can fit these in place. However as with past episodes it looks like I will have to use the tape again as there is a large gap to bridge. I still need to install some support columns but I cannot measure these up till the deck beams are fitted. Thought I would get started early on the 12 pounders coming up in 146 as these will take awhile to finish completely.
Tigershark attached the following image(s):
IMG_1762.JPG
IMG_1761.JPG
IMG_1763.JPG

Cheers Tony

Current Build

HMS Victory, HMS Victory Cross Section

birdaj2
#24 Posted : 28 August 2016 12:43:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice update. Its all coming together very well.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Tigershark
#25 Posted : 28 August 2016 13:06:15

birdaj2 wrote:
Very nice update. Its all coming together very well.

Thanks Tony, I'm quite keen to finish this and get restarted on my full Victory.

Cheers Tony

Current Build

Martyn Ingram
#26 Posted : 28 August 2016 13:18:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good Tony very nicely done

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
ian smith
#27 Posted : 02 September 2016 10:51:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Tony.
Lovely clean looking build. Love the deck colour. Look forward to your next instalment.
Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Tigershark
#28 Posted : 02 September 2016 10:55:35

Thanks Martyn,Just finished 145 by adding in the deck beams, knee irons (very tricky to install), support pillars, bitts and gratings :). As you can see I taped up again to close up the deck beam gaps. Cutting the cross rail support was tricky as I kept breaking the end off whilst knifing but managed to get it on my third attempt. I also made a start on 146 by adding in mess table supports and started on the second elm tree pump in 147. Some advice to anybody trying this model.Be very careful when it comes to the elm tree pump, The brackets to hold the pump handle break very easily, Lucky I had a spare (not sure why) but also broke that one as well. After a lot of patience and some very loud cursing I managed to piece one together again. My elm tree pump was also slightly off kilter so I had to cut right through the deck beam to ensure it would fit. This should be covered by the planking though so I'm not too worried. I also advise to paint the mess supports before you put them in as it can be quite tricky getting into the tight spacing with a brush, White paint always needs three to four coats. My main aim over the weekend will be to finalise the mess tables, plank the next deck and try to put a big dent into the making of my twelve pounders.
IMG_1771.JPG
IMG_1773.JPG
IMG_1774.JPG
IMG_1775.JPG

Cheers Tony

Current Build

Tigershark
#29 Posted : 02 September 2016 11:00:49

ian smith wrote:
Hi Tony.
Lovely clean looking build. Love the deck colour. Look forward to your next instalment.
Ian

Thanks Ian, I used British paints water based Teak stain.I used a 2.0 artline calligraphy pen for the caulking but I lined in at an 45 degree angle, I like the thickness.

Cheers Tony

Current Build

Tigershark
#30 Posted : 10 September 2016 00:57:38

Nearly finished 146, I just need to finish a couple of more coats of paint on the bulwarks and knees, and paint the inside of the gun port. The last week has seen the mess tables affixed into hanging position, the next deck planked, sanded and stained and the twelve pounders ready for rigging.I hope to finish 147 by the end of the week. Looking ahead it looks like the last three episodes have more tasks to complete. The last one is a monster with about 13 pages in total compared to the usual 5.
IMG_1789.JPG
IMG_1790.JPG
IMG_1792.JPG

Cheers Tony

Current Build

tf64
#31 Posted : 10 September 2016 07:21:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Tony,

This is a great looking model, and I am sure it has tested your building skills but, you now have a good example of what you are in for with your Victory build.

Well done Tony.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Martyn Ingram
#32 Posted : 10 September 2016 07:28:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nicely done Tony she is coming together well

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
z8000783
#33 Posted : 10 September 2016 07:30:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Beautiful work, Tony.
Gandale
#34 Posted : 10 September 2016 09:26:37

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice, be proud as you're doing a great job....

Regards

Alan
pemberg
#35 Posted : 10 September 2016 11:03:12

Great work Tony, she is looking fantastic.
Graeme
birdaj2
#36 Posted : 10 September 2016 11:11:49

You have done a fantastic job on your model.

Very well finished and presented.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#37 Posted : 10 September 2016 19:26:32

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I love these cross sections, they bring the model to life with the detail.

You`ve done a fab job on this, a credit to your skill and patience.

WTG

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

ian smith
#38 Posted : 12 September 2016 12:25:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Tony.
Your cross section looks fantastic.
Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Spal
#39 Posted : 12 September 2016 15:13:49

Superb job Tony, a credit to your skills.

Al
davetwin
#40 Posted : 12 September 2016 16:20:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Amazing work Tony, looks very neatly done, I'm sure you're more than pleased with it so far