Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
Tigersharks Cross Section Options
ian smith
#41 Posted : 16 September 2016 13:51:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Tony.
Fantastic looking cross section. very well done,
Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Tigershark
#42 Posted : 18 September 2016 03:35:31

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks to everyone who has commented on my build so far, I really appreciate the support. I haven't completed a lot this week, I have finished painting the bulwarks and knees and rigged my 12 pounder cannons. I decided to show them run out like the 32 pounders. These are slightly trickier Cursing to install, but I got there eventually.Make sure to follow the instructions as the breech ropes are in a different location to the 32 pounders. I also managed to finish off the elm tree pump and fit the mast collar. Made a start on painting the deck support beams and gunner tools but still have some work left on Episode 147. Cant wait to start on 148 as the wales get added and the quarter deck gets planked Drool

Enjoying a cold beer, cheers everyone.
Tigershark attached the following image(s):
IMG_1854.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1856.JPG

Cheers Tony

Current Build

HMS Victory, HMS Victory Cross Section

Martyn Ingram
#43 Posted : 18 September 2016 07:00:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good very nicely done on the cannons Tony ThumpUp

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
davetwin
#44 Posted : 18 September 2016 15:51:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great work Tony. Your 32 pounders run out look very nice Cool
Spal
#45 Posted : 18 September 2016 20:47:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great job Tony,keep up the good workCool

Al
delboy271155
#46 Posted : 18 September 2016 22:42:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

This gets better and better with every update.BigGrin

Good work Tony.

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

magpie1832
#47 Posted : 18 September 2016 22:48:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Absolutely stunning workDrool . Love every update you do.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Gandale
#48 Posted : 18 September 2016 23:43:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Beautiful piece of work Tony, she's looking fab.... Drool Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Tigershark
#49 Posted : 25 September 2016 03:32:12

Cheers guys, I did not get a lot completed this week, She who must be obeyed made me help her with the spring cleaning, Its amazing how much junk one can accumulate. Couple of runs to the tip and I was finally left in peace to get on with it. Pretty much finished 147, I just need to putty up and paint the blemishes on the quarter deck beams. I dont have any C clamps so that left some ugly gaps in the beams where I tried to super glue them shut. I should be able to cover these up with some putty. I also finished off the support beams, gunner tools and shot garlands. I also added to my tool collection by buying a Dremel rotary tool. I used this to drill the cannonball holes in the shot garlands and can see myself using it for so many other applications. I also managed to convince the wife to get me a rope walk and loom jig for my birthday which will come in useful for my Victory build when I finish this model off. Having a coldie before starting on 148.

Cheers
IMG_1865.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG
IMG_1867.JPG
IMG_1868.JPG
IMG_1869.JPG
IMG_1870.JPG

Cheers Tony

Current Build

Martyn Ingram
#50 Posted : 25 September 2016 07:30:43

BigGrin Looking good Tony you will find the dremel very useful for lots of jobs I wouldn't be without mine Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
tf64
#51 Posted : 25 September 2016 09:37:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Amazing work Tony it really show's off your skill in building ships thanks for sharing.

Regards
Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Gandale
#52 Posted : 25 September 2016 10:17:05

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Excellent Tony, looking fab....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#53 Posted : 25 September 2016 10:24:09

Some lovely work on this one and very skilfully put together.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Tigershark
#54 Posted : 28 September 2016 12:22:38

Midweek update! Managed to complete my wales. Loved how quickly I sanded the edges down with my Dremel, Saved me hand sanding. I also installed the buckets and barrels for the upper gun. I started making the quarter deck openings and saw that the period version of the ship had open frames. I decided I did not like the exposed beams and my mast is slightly off kilter so I wanted to install gratings in them as per the current version of the victory.

The measurements for these if you want to install yourself are as follows.

I made the longer piece of frame 46mm instead of 45mm.
I made 6 pieces of gratings measuring 23.5mm with a total of 7 notches.
I made 6 pieces of gratings measuring 15.5mm with a total of 4 notches.
I made 22 pieces of gratings measuring 9.5mm with a total of 3 notches.

As I assembled this and stained the outer frames I looked at future episodes and saw that the pinrail posts would also need to be installed inside the frame. I managed to catch this before I glued the frames on. I then cut some small openings, the gratings are very fragile but you just need to cut another small grating with a single notch. See attached photos for reference. That's it for now!
IMG_1877.JPG
IMG_1878.JPG
IMG_1874.JPG
IMG_1875.JPG
IMG_1876.JPG

Cheers Tony

Current Build

tf64
#55 Posted : 28 September 2016 21:38:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great work Tony it really is looking the part,looking forward to your next up date.

Regards Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Gandale
#56 Posted : 28 September 2016 22:46:09

Another impressive update Tony, going to look superb when finished....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#57 Posted : 28 September 2016 23:18:53

Very nice work Tony.Cool Love the updates, keep them coming.
Chris 👍
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Spal
#58 Posted : 29 September 2016 15:01:53

That's a really good looking cutaway, great work Cool

Al
ian smith
#59 Posted : 30 September 2016 12:40:24

Hi Tony.
Looking fantastic.
Ian Cool Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Tigershark
#60 Posted : 15 October 2016 02:30:27

Well, I have been a little bit busy to spend any time modelling the last couple of weeks but I have managed to finish planking the quarterdeck and line and sand the bulwarks. Still have a little bit more to finish episode 148 as I am still working on the cockpit framing and rail and need to add the last mast collar.
IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1923.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG

Cheers Tony

Current Build