Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Infidex's Ford Mustang Shelby Build Options
infidex
#1 Posted : 24 August 2016 04:06:04

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hello everyone, just ordered this subscription so I wanted to start a build post to share my experience, ask questions, and document my build. Should have first box in the mail late this week or by early next week, more to come then! I just started the Millennium Falcon build today and Sovereign of the Seas should be here tomorrow, so that will be starting all in parallel. Much to do, can't wait.

Current DeAgostini Model Space Builds:
Millennium Falcon; Sovereign of the Seas, Ford Mustang Shelby

Current "Other" Model Builds:
Bandai 1/12 C-3PO (Japan Import); Revell 1/48 X-Wing "Master Series"

On The Shelf Waiting to Be Started:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon "Master Series"; Bandai 1/12 Boba Fett; Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing Star Fighter; Bandai 1/72 A-Wing Starfighter
davetwin
#2 Posted : 24 August 2016 12:00:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great choices, should have enough to keep you busy.

Are you building your Mustang as is or planning any mods for it?
infidex
#3 Posted : 25 August 2016 02:46:51

davetwin wrote:
Great choices, should have enough to keep you busy.

Are you building your Mustang as is or planning any mods for it?

Right now planning to do as much detailing where I can to replicate all the finer details, which will help pass the time as I wait for the next kit. Should have the first month box in a couple days (seems they arrive 1 day after shipping notice which I'm expecting tomorrow, so Friday for the first month). Lot of my time will be spent on the Sovereign of the Seas while I accumulate more packs for this and my Millennium Falcon.

Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon "Master Series"; Bandai 1/12 Boba Fett; Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing Star Fighter; Bandai 1/72 A-Wing Starfighter
stevie_o
#4 Posted : 25 August 2016 08:11:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

infidex
#5 Posted : 29 August 2016 04:11:41

The Shelby has arrived (first sub showed up on Saturday). I haven't opened any of the first 4 part packs, but did a quick inspection and everything seems in order. I plan to do some research online this week and read some forums before diving into this one, see how much detail I really plan to do, thinking about going as authentic as possible to the read deal. In the meantime, I've got the Sovereign of the Seas to keep me busy.

birdaj2
#6 Posted : 29 August 2016 15:36:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow. Neber went for this one but what some stunning parts you get for the build.

Hope it all goes together well for you. You certainly have your work cut out with all f the builds you have taken on :-)
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
davetwin
#7 Posted : 29 August 2016 18:15:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good to see the first set of Mustang parts have arrived.

I've seen a few different mods being done with this so far so it will be interesting to see what way you go with yours