Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages <1234>»
1/24 london diorama Options
birdaj2
#21 Posted : 10 October 2016 20:03:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Really clever ideas Ken. That use of picture frame is very good indeed.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#22 Posted : 10 October 2016 22:18:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great idea using the frame, looking good.... Really like the idea's you come up with Ken, lovely work.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
kpnuts
#23 Posted : 15 October 2016 09:58:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all I've realised I've made a huge error with this, so huge in fact that I'm just going to have to call it a London like dio (I could never have modeled half of Eros anyway) I was so busy trying to get the hight right on the fountain, I forgot about the area of it, wasn't till I put a 1/24 figure up to it (as someone suggested) I realised, i have the width totally wrong should be at least twice as long as I have it. Although I could remake it, it would mean redoing the steps, again on could do that, the problem is I would have to scale the rest of the dio up and it's already a metre square, I have nowhere to keep a dio of over 2 metres square, so it will just have to be the way it is.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
kpnuts
#24 Posted : 15 October 2016 19:53:10

Hi all well since I can't work on herbie at the moment (still waiting for decals) I decided to do a bit to this.

As you can see from this the fountain is utterly wrong, grrrr, 

Revell made a mistake

Oops

First coat on seats

kpnuts
#25 Posted : 16 October 2016 20:45:43

OK so here's another update.

And I thought since this is the London bus dio I'd better start the bus (it's a lot bigger than you think and I've run out of red paint now, not even enough to finish the body on this so now I have to get some more)

birdaj2
#26 Posted : 16 October 2016 20:59:06

Its a big and detailed and i am sure you will have some fun building this one.

Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
kpnuts
#27 Posted : 18 October 2016 20:59:49

Hi all did a bit more to the Bentley 

Not sure which engine for the bus 
Scania

Or Leyland
Spal
#28 Posted : 18 October 2016 22:35:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Bentley is coming along nicely Ken, go with the Leyland as it's more appropriate for their theme Cool

Al
kpnuts
#29 Posted : 20 October 2016 18:53:59

Still not sure which engine
Scania

or the Leyland

Martyn Ingram
#30 Posted : 20 October 2016 18:58:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Definitely the Layland Ken Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
birdaj2
#31 Posted : 20 October 2016 19:57:54

Go with the leyland.

Its a well thought out model and such an unusual model to be produced - really been impressed with some of the things Revell gave put out over the last few years. Not just in terms of variety but also on price.

Cannot knock sone of the far east kits but wow some of the prices on 1:72 hasegawa are scarey.

I guess with us leaving europe and everyone saying about price increases we could see these kit prices increasing as well.

Hope you enjoy your bus build as its a full of parts build and should keep you busy for a while.
Happy Modelling

Plymouth57
#32 Posted : 20 October 2016 20:11:49

Not necessarily Tony, everything imported into the UK from outside the EU has to pay an additional EU tariff which puts the prices up. Once we're finally out (can't come quick enough) it will be up to the UK to impose any tariff or none at all. If we have a 'free trade' agreement with Japan the price of Japanese kits could come down a bit!Cool

Here's hoping anyway!BigGrin
And Ken, looking great! You could increase the size of the central fountain out to the top step, but either way I don't think it will detract from the overall diorama. Love the Bentley by the way and how's your thumb holding up?Crying

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
kpnuts
#33 Posted : 24 October 2016 20:47:06

davetwin
#34 Posted : 24 October 2016 23:45:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Coming along nicely Ken, I'm glad your thumb is healing up well Cool
kpnuts
#35 Posted : 25 October 2016 20:14:13

Hi all another update, I lost one of the stub axles or whatever they are so I had to scratch build a new one, cocktail stick to the rescue again (I find them sooooo useful)

Did some griming up of the bus chassis, needs a bit more but I'm quite pleased with it.

tigerace
#36 Posted : 25 October 2016 20:23:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great update KenBigGrin Phil
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Nemesis
#37 Posted : 25 October 2016 21:39:57

Nice work on the bus chassis, looks the part!BigGrin
kpnuts
#38 Posted : 26 October 2016 19:44:43

Hi all well it was my birthday today and we had family over, are grandchildren born with a funny bone, sitting in the dining room and the light goes out, Meg pokes her head round the corner and says shh it's a secret papa granny's got you a birthday cake just as the cake is bought in the door, we were in fits of laughter, she's 3.

Here is part of my haul (still have some to pick up from my mums and pam says 2 cars are still awaiting delivery) I'm chuffed for one birthday.

These are for this dio as I said the mini and jag are still in the post

And this is for light releif (I've got plans for it and those who know me know it won't be like the box art)( and I mean nothing like the box art) 

tigerace
#39 Posted : 26 October 2016 19:55:00

Happy birthday KenBigGrin looks like you`ve had a good one BigGrin more for your stashDrool Drool impresiveLove Cool regards Phil
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

birdaj2
#40 Posted : 26 October 2016 20:15:21

Ken

A very happy birthday to you.

Looks like you had a nice set of gifts.
Happy Modelling