Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Air Filter and Valve Cover Question Options
infidex
#1 Posted : 11 September 2016 04:52:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Getting ready to dive into my first shipment, and I would like to make this as authentic to the original as possible. Question is, what is the real color of the air intake cover and the valve covers, I see online that they are black on some engines and on others they aren't. I like the black look, but curious if one is correct, or if both are (maybe it changed during model year or it was related to a package/feature).

Pics for what I'm talking about, see difference between both pics? Which is correct?

Current DeAgostini Model Space Builds:
Millennium Falcon; Sovereign of the Seas, Ford Mustang Shelby

Current "Other" Model Builds:
Bandai 1/12 C-3PO (Japan Import); Revell 1/48 X-Wing "Master Series"

On The Shelf Waiting to Be Started:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon "Master Series"; Bandai 1/12 Boba Fett; Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing Star Fighter; Bandai 1/72 A-Wing Starfighter
Tomick
#2 Posted : 11 September 2016 08:43:19

Groups:

Your first pic is photo not found.

What you don't know is when your real life pic was taken. The model is based on factory finish.
stevie_o
#3 Posted : 11 September 2016 13:06:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Cant see the first pic. You're not going to get a 100% accurate model as there will be so many inconsistancies with the real car plus it depends on the finish you want to achieve - best to just go with what you think looks good.

Steve
infidex
#4 Posted : 12 September 2016 04:58:00

Tomick wrote:
Your first pic is photo not found.

What you don't know is when your real life pic was taken. The model is based on factory finish.

Fixed photo, it worked on preview but not sure what happen. The hard part is reference photos on the web, what is real and what isn't, so I know what you mean. If the model is based on factory finish, then I'd assume the top pic is how it should be. I do like the black on these parts, so I may diverge for the sake of having more details in some minor areas.

Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon "Master Series"; Bandai 1/12 Boba Fett; Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing Star Fighter; Bandai 1/72 A-Wing Starfighter
infidex
#5 Posted : 12 September 2016 04:59:07

Also, I do apologize for posting in this section, I meant to post in one of the other sub forum sections and I think I must have been reading other's posts on builds when I created this topic, so Admin, please feel free to move this topic to the right section if needed.

rpmracing18
#6 Posted : 27 November 2016 00:55:10

According to SAAC forum and Team Shelby Certified Gold card judges, either is correct. The early 1967 428 Shelbys had the Cobra air filter like the first photo. Like a silver cast finish.

Then later in the 67 Shelby production and into 68, both Black with detail cast finish (silver) and plain cast/silver finish were factory.

Hope this helps,
Rich