Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Spare spar parts. Options
riff-raff
#1 Posted : 18 September 2016 08:03:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Can anyone Please tell me what the metal parts of the spars are called that connect the spar extensions to the main spar? I know the two connected rings are the goosenecks. But i cannot find the name of the parts that sit on the very end of the main spar that support the spar extension.

I need to buy some to continue my Surprise build.

thanks team.
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Built:
Golden Star, English Brig. RMS Titanic. (Academy 1/400 Centenary Anniversary Edition) Revell-Monogram 1/48 B-29 Superfortress 1:8 Baron von Richthofen's Fokker Tri-plane. HMS Victory. Nelsons Flag Ship. Sultan Arab Dhow. Artesania Latina Carmen II. The Battleship Yamato. Model Airways Wright Flyer 1:16 Scale. Trumpeter Bismarck 1/200. HMS Sovereign of the Seas. The Black Pearl.

Building:HMS Surprisel. Hatchette U96. Soleil Royal.
riff-raff
#2 Posted : 18 September 2016 08:27:43

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I think they are called Boom Irons but i can't find them for sale anywhere.
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Built:
Golden Star, English Brig. RMS Titanic. (Academy 1/400 Centenary Anniversary Edition) Revell-Monogram 1/48 B-29 Superfortress 1:8 Baron von Richthofen's Fokker Tri-plane. HMS Victory. Nelsons Flag Ship. Sultan Arab Dhow. Artesania Latina Carmen II. The Battleship Yamato. Model Airways Wright Flyer 1:16 Scale. Trumpeter Bismarck 1/200. HMS Sovereign of the Seas. The Black Pearl.

magpie1832
#3 Posted : 18 September 2016 09:53:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi, Which spars are you meaning?
Could you put a picture up so I can help with this.
Didn't you receive these with the parts?
In your instructions tell me which issue/ Stage and if it says a part number you are up to?
Many thanks
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

riff-raff
#4 Posted : 18 September 2016 12:53:08

Its the small metal parts that have a ring and a 90degree bent piece that goes in the end of the main spar as shown in the (hopefully ) attached image, borrowed off Tomich lol
riff-raff attached the following image(s):
V64.jpg

Built:

Tomick
#5 Posted : 18 September 2016 13:12:48

Groups:

Not something you would commonly find on sale. If you are missing them from your HMS Surprise kit, contact c/s to request replacement parts set which these were contained with as they do not ship individual items.
riff-raff
#6 Posted : 18 September 2016 16:22:24

I would contact c-s but it's a couple years since I bought this kit, I will manufacturer my own if you can't buy them.

thanks for your helpBigGrin

Built: