Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3d printer first prints Options
darbyvet
#1 Posted : 20 September 2016 14:52:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

here are some prints from my IDBOX. After setting up the table level I printed a couple of calibration models to see how thing were.I printed a box with holes in the sides and a test print from CTRL V test. The CTRL is a commonly used model to evaluate how well the printer works. I have to say I am very impressed with the IDBOX.The CTRL test looks better than prints I have seen from much more expensive printers.The circles are round, the cones and pyramids are perfect and you can even read the numbers.The overhang piece looks really good too.All in all the printer performed very well looking at the ctrl test piece.It took aobut 50 minutes to print.

I am using blue painters tape for the bed as the PLA seems to stick to this better than the piece that comes with the printer.I have my temp set at 210 and I am using a raft to help with adhesion.

After the calibration prints I downloaded a small dodecahedron model and printed it.It came out pretty nice.

All of the pictures show raw prints.I have not cleaned them up at all.

I think this printer will be great for my scratchbuilding efforts.
darbyvet attached the following image(s):
cal1.jpg
cal2.jpg
cal3.jpg
cal4.jpg
cal5.jpg
cal6.jpg
cal7.jpg