Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

23 Pages <1234>»
Star Wars Trivia Question of the Week Options
TheKraken
#21 Posted : 12 October 2016 16:17:26

Groups: Registered

Four

Bonus: Six? (unless you're counting individual pecks, then it's like 7 or 8)
darbyvet
#22 Posted : 12 October 2016 18:36:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
Sorry for the delay in this week's question... Hurricane Matthew put a bit of a hold on my internet access... but for you that have been waiting... Remember, no cheating... no using google or other forums for your answer... you have to go strictly by your own knowledge of the movies (this separates the true Star Wars fans from those that are posers)... here's this week's question...

Question #4:
How many times did Leia kiss Luke?
(Bonus points for how many times she kissed Han)

TOO many times.This was supposed to be sci-fi people!!!

Carl

PS after it was revealed she was his sister it got even ickier

LrdSatyr8
#23 Posted : 12 October 2016 19:18:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

darbyvet wrote:
TOO many times.This was supposed to be sci-fi people!!!

Carl

PS after it was revealed she was his sister it got even ickier

Yanno... when these movies came out, you didn't find out for sure that Leia was Luke's sister until ROTJ. So them kissing was totally fine. Heck, I don't even think they would have known but none of the kisses were really passionate except those between Han and Leia. All the kisses between her and Luke were pretty much pecks except for the one where she was just trying to make Han jealous, but it still wasn't very passionate then.
LrdSatyr8
#24 Posted : 12 October 2016 20:23:31

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

TheKraken got the answer right... now here's the full answer for you all!

The correct answer: 4 times... in ANH 2 times (once before swinging and again when he returned from blowing up the Deathstar)... 2 times in ESB (once in the medbay to make Han jealous and once when they retrieved him from under Bespin after he lost his hand). Now for Han it was actually 7 times! Yes she had the hots for him more then Luke (but remember, we didn't find out she was Luke's sister officially until ROTJ)... 3 times in ESB... First time was on the Falcon in the electrical room... 2nd time was after he was tortured on Bespin. 3rd time, just before he was frozen in carbonite, 4 times in ROTJ... 1st time was just after she freed him from the carbonite, 2nd and 3rd times was one right after another after they got captured by the Ewoks and untied, and 4th time was when she told him Luke was her brother. So final score was Luke=4 kisses, Han=7 kisses! And other then a loving embrace, Leia didn't give out any kisses in TFA! So there ya have it fans... stay tuned next week for another trivia question! How well did you do so far?
LrdSatyr8
#25 Posted : 17 October 2016 13:57:21

OK all you happy rebels out there... time for this week's Star Wars Trivia Question of the Week!  You all know the rules... no cheating... just answer from your general knowledge of the Star Wars movies and universe.  No using Google to look up answers (that includes any other search site).  Ok... this one is a tuffy but if you are a true Star Wars Fan, it'll come real easy to alot of you! If you can't answer this one your not a true fan and you'll lose alot of Geek Cred for it!

Question 5:
What popular Star Wars character who never appeared in the original ANH movie and first appeared only in the Star Wars Holiday Special was included into the movie francise by Lucas only after receiving overwhelming fan mail?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: GoofyFoot
GoofyFoot
#26 Posted : 17 October 2016 14:01:13

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Boba Fett
If at first you don't succeed,

maybe you should skip the chainsaw juggling...
TheKraken
#27 Posted : 17 October 2016 16:01:57

That's correct
LrdSatyr8
#28 Posted : 17 October 2016 16:37:26

Goofyfoot... you are correct.

Boba Fett was never actually part of the Star Wars universe until the character appeared in a animated cartoon aired only during the extremely bad Star Wars Holiday Special that aired and was very difficult to sit thru. Matter of fact, it's almost a rite of passage to watch that Special to call yourself a true Star Wars fan these days! In any event, Boba Fett was such a hit, that fan mail started pouring in to Lucasfilm and George immediately added him to the Empire Strikes Back script. Was one of the first cases of Fans that actually helped shape the movies! True story!

Way to go you rebelscum! Stay tuned next week for a new Trivia question and may the Force be with YOU!
LrdSatyr8
#29 Posted : 24 October 2016 13:38:19

Ok you rebels... Here's this weeks question... it's a tough one! Remember... no cheating! :)

Question 6:
If the Death Star was a Globe, what cardinal direction do the X-Wings fly in the trench run from A New Hope, and where is the exhaust port?

ANSWER:

First Correct Answer: None
TheKraken
#30 Posted : 25 October 2016 00:41:14

Admittedly never thought of this before. Assuming they have to go the same route as the Y wings who try it first...West
LrdSatyr8
#31 Posted : 26 October 2016 19:29:12

No one else wanna take a guess at this week's question?
TheKraken
#32 Posted : 26 October 2016 20:04:41

Only one other way it could be. Honestly I'll watch closely next time I sit down to watch it.
LrdSatyr8
#33 Posted : 26 October 2016 20:26:47

Well since there are no more takers... the correct answer is this:

The Exhaust port is in the arctic circle “north” area and the tench run is in the Polar Trench, so the X-wings are headed north on the Death Star. (Yeah, growing up I always thought it was the equilateral trench too!)

Ok rebelscum... stay tuned for next weeks question and may the force be with you!
darbyvet
#34 Posted : 26 October 2016 20:35:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
Ok you rebels... Here's this weeks question... it's a tough one! Remember... no cheating! :)

Question 6:
If the Death Star was a Globe, what cardinal direction do the X-Wings fly in the trench run from A New Hope, and where is the exhaust port?

They fly west.The exhaust port is at the end of the trench because they need to pull up after they released their bombs.

Carl

LrdSatyr8
#35 Posted : 26 October 2016 20:57:42

darbyvet wrote:
LrdSatyr8 wrote:

Question 6:

They fly west.The exhaust port is at the end of the trench because they need to pull up after they released their bombs.

Carl

Even after I posted the answer you still got it wrong! LOL Just kidding! Good try!
darbyvet
#36 Posted : 26 October 2016 21:33:20

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
darbyvet wrote:
LrdSatyr8 wrote:

Question 6:

Carl

Even after I posted the answer you still got it wrong! LOL Just kidding! Good try!

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
We posted a the same time and the I saw your answer and couldnt be bothered to change it!!!

I am really striking out with these questions.I may have to start watching the movies again.I will pass on all the complaints from my wife to you- She is not a Star Wars fan.I may have to sit through Pride and Prejudice to get some Star Wars on TV.The horror The horror.

Carl

LrdSatyr8
#37 Posted : 27 October 2016 12:57:50

darbyvet wrote:
I am really striking out with these questions.I may have to start watching the movies again.I will pass on all the complaints from my wife to you- She is not a Star Wars fan.I may have to sit through Pride and Prejudice to get some Star Wars on TV.The horror The horror.

Carl

May have to turn in your Star Wars Geek Club card my friend! LOL
LrdSatyr8
#38 Posted : 31 October 2016 13:47:40

OK all you rebel fighters out there... are you prepared for this week's Question?  Well strap your thinking caps on and lesse just how good you really are.  Remember the rules... no cheating, googling, or asking your friends... just by the knowledge and love of the Star Wars universe!  So here we go...

Question 7:
How many Dewbacks are in the original 1977 theatrical cut of Star Wars? How many were added for the most current edition, the Blu-Ray release of the original trilogy?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: DarbyVet (got the first part of the question right!)
darbyvet
#39 Posted : 31 October 2016 14:20:44

I think there were only two in the original release because it was an elephant in costume.I dont know about the remastered editions because I dont watch them.

Carl

LrdSatyr8
#40 Posted : 31 October 2016 16:48:50

darbyvet wrote:
I think there were only two in the original release because it was an elephant in costume.I dont know about the remastered editions because I dont watch them.

Carl

You're thinking of the Bantha... not the Dewbacks! :)