Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

23 Pages <12345>»
Star Wars Trivia Question of the Week Options
darbyvet
#41 Posted : 31 October 2016 16:56:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Darn-Striking out again

Carl

LrdSatyr8
#42 Posted : 31 October 2016 17:38:31

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

The Dewbacks were the big lizard looking creatures.
Plymouth57
#43 Posted : 31 October 2016 18:40:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Since I don't have a Blu-Ray thingy this is more of a guess, I think I remember two of them in the original release drinking from a water trough so I'll say George added another three in the re-mastered version making five altogether?

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
LrdSatyr8
#44 Posted : 02 November 2016 15:30:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Welp no winners this week... (Darby came close except with Banthas!) but here's the answer:

Two originally, five were added (so seven total Dewbacks appear in the Blu-Ray edition). A stormtrooper rides one searching for the missing escape pod from Leia’s Corellian Cruiser (“Look sir, Droids!”). The special edition added 4 Dewbacks (and spruced up the original, making a total of five in the scene) One outside the Mos Eisley cantina (The special edition added a second dewback outside the cantina when the troopers arrive, forcing R2-D2 to flee, as well as enhancing the original, making a total of 2 at Mos Eisley).

Better luck next time! Stay tuned for next week's Trivia Question and may the force be with you... Always!
LrdSatyr8
#45 Posted : 07 November 2016 20:08:18

Ok all you Star Warsians out there... it's time for a another Question of the Week! Remember the rules, no cheating, no googling, but this time I'll allow you to watch the movie again to see if you can catch it! I'll post the answer later this week and give everyone time to catch it! So without further ado...

QUESTION 8:
On what planet did Han Solo run into a bounty hunter just prior to the Battle of Hoth?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: Adriuus
birdaj2
#46 Posted : 07 November 2016 20:15:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Was it tatoine?
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
adriuus
#47 Posted : 07 November 2016 20:19:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

i think you pronounce it ord mandel or ort mantel...not really sure which but that's the place
TheKraken
#48 Posted : 08 November 2016 07:31:34

That's correct. I didn't need to even check.
LrdSatyr8
#49 Posted : 10 November 2016 15:50:58

I gotta say... this one every one knew but it finally came down to a matter of spelling and even thou it was soooooooooo close, no one could spell it right!

The correct answer is:

Ord Mantell... Quote: "That bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell changed my mind!" - Han Solo

You can check Wookiepedia here if you don't believe me! http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ord_Mantell

So even thou you guys KNEW what it was, NO ONE was able to spell it correctly (althou Adriuus came the closest with ORT MANTELL). Ok folks... will be back next week for the Question of the Week and may the force be with you all!
LrdSatyr8
#50 Posted : 14 November 2016 14:58:44

Ok all you happy campers... it's that time again for another Star Wars Trivia Question of the Week. This week's question is brought to you by Blue Milk, part of a balanced breakfast on Tattooine! Smile Ok... here's the question, remember the rules, no cheating, biting, spitting or eye gouging (althou cutting the arm off someone who is bothering you at a bar with a lightsaber is perfectly acceptable, but you have to have your Jedi Card with you). So without further ado... here's the question:

Question 9:
Which pilot flew as Red Six during the Battle of Yavin?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: Someone who looked it up on google! LOL
TheKraken
#51 Posted : 14 November 2016 16:04:50

Was it Wedge Antillies?

Edit: I googled after my guess and was so wrong.
LrdSatyr8
#52 Posted : 14 November 2016 22:56:52

Ok... you know the rules right? No googling or cheating... just your basic knowledge of the movie?
TheKraken
#53 Posted : 15 November 2016 08:12:49

That answer is suspiciously too correct. Seeing how in the movies he was just "Porkins".
LrdSatyr8
#54 Posted : 15 November 2016 14:08:15

Yep... I'm calling Shenanigans on that one! :)
LrdSatyr8
#55 Posted : 15 November 2016 19:15:46

Its not that I accuse everyone of getting the right answer of cheating, its how specific the answer was. In the movie you only know him as Porkins. his first and middle name never came up once in the movie. Only from doing a google search or looking thru extensive behind the scenes fan material do you find out what his first and middle name was... which is why it was suspicious to begin with. The questions I've asked are basically fan knowledge that have been around for a long time. If you had just said Porkins, I wouldn't have had a problem with it. But when you posted his full name Jek Tono Porkins it was suspicious. Even in your second response you named him Jed, so that really makes us wonder. If you were in my place you'd feel the same way, make sense? You were right by the way. Basically the rules of this game are just your general knowledge of the movie francise... No Google or web searches, just your general knowledge of the movies. Anyone can do a google search and discover any of the answers, but that's not being a fan. That's just using Google which really doesn't make you a fan... I don't mind if you go back and watch the movie to find the answers, that's a good thing. Just means more Star Wars in our lives! LOL But using the web searches to find an answer is just cheating. Jek Tono is avery specific name and if it were just spoken in a pub I'm sure the spelling would have been less specific.
LrdSatyr8
#56 Posted : 21 November 2016 14:07:39

Ok all you happy campers... its a new day, a new week and you know what that means... a brand new question!  We all know how this goes... remember, no cheating, no using Google to find out he answers, just from your general knowledge from watching the films, answer the question!  And without further ado...

Question 10:
How many bounty hunters did Vader address on the Star Destroyer Executor? (Bonus points if you can name them all!  Extra credit if you can do it in order! Muhahahahahhaha)

Answer:

First Correct Answer: [b]TheKraken
(although he didn't get the order right)
TheKraken
#57 Posted : 21 November 2016 17:19:41

This won't be in order and I feel I'm missing one.

Bossk
Dengar
4 Lom
Zukkus (Zukkis?)
Boba Fett
IG-88
LrdSatyr8
#58 Posted : 22 November 2016 20:35:30

Anyone else gonna have a guess this week?
LrdSatyr8
#59 Posted : 23 November 2016 21:25:53

Well seeing as no one else wants to take a stab at this week's question, here's the answer!

Number of Bounty Hunters: 6
Names in order from LEFT to RIGHT:

TheKraken
#60 Posted : 24 November 2016 00:13:58

I hate that I got it right but didn't bother to check the order and spelling. Oh well.