Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<3456>
DeAgostini Jaguar - Now on sale! Options
Gandale
#81 Posted : 18 March 2017 17:52:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Mustang wrote:
Gandale wrote:
luigione wrote:
At last the first 2 issues are showing as being sent on the 21st.
Only weird thing is that it is showing as being charged for, I thought that the first 5 issues were meant to be free for those of us that did the trial run. Before anyone asks, I did quote the code given, and the lady that took the order confirmed it. Could be an error, but if anyone has the same problem, please share.

Would suggest you give Customer Services a call and ask them directly about your subscription query, they'll be able to clarify the situation for you....Cool

Regards

Alan

As to the issue with payment, I just emailed them and they confirmed they didn't have my account info correct, this was the same issue when I signed up for the R2-D2 re-start.

Happy to hear you have your query sorted out now....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Geoff44
#82 Posted : 18 March 2017 21:36:14

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

This model has really taken off very well from what I can gather. Although I have subscribed and had a confirmation email that my first parts will be delivered within 14 days, I decided to go a buy a copy of the first part for £1.99 just to get a feel as to how big this car will end up.

I visited at least five outlets that are stocking these 1st issues, including Tesco, Morrison's, W.H.Smith's, Co-op Department store and all of these had sold out during the first day of release. I did manage to get the last copy from a newsagents close to home and the owner told me that he had a dozen copies and thhe one I bought was the last one.

It is going to be one mighty beast of a model, going off the size of the bonnet that comes with issue one. I am really looking forward to getting stuck in with this build, like I have with the Honda CB750, which is only six months away from completion.

It just makes me wonder how many of these enthusiastic buyers of the first copy of this new build, will go on to subscribe and continue to collect all the issues to completion, or how many will start, then decide to cancel because of the cost. There will be many who won't bother at all, again because of the total cost or those that really can't afford it because of their financial circumstances.

But I do think that this particular car, will appeal to many car enthusiasts, because the E-Type is the iconic car of the sixties, which took the world by storm when it was first introduced in 1961. I was 17 years old then, so you can work out how old I am now.

BUILDING - HONDA CB750 - HAYNES V8 VISIBLE ENGINE

NEXT BUILD - JAGUAR E-TYPE

GEOFF
birdaj2
#83 Posted : 18 March 2017 22:21:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

For those that re-opened their trial subscription did you get any email or letter confirmation.

Getting really worried as i tried to add my trial account number to my subscription details earlier and its not recognised.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Mustang
#84 Posted : 18 March 2017 22:35:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

birdaj2 wrote:
For those that re-opened their trial subscription did you get any email or letter confirmation.

Getting really worried as i tried to add my trial account number to my subscription details earlier and its not recognised.

Yes I received an email with a new number.
My Favourite Building:- 1919 https://forum.model-spac...=339517&#post339517 -

Current Build - 0-6-0 https://forum.deagostini...=351803&#post351803 Enterprise D - https://forum.deagostini...=posts&t=35768&

Built:-. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Dry dock no room to display:-. Bismarck, U96.
To build:-
. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.
Mustang
#85 Posted : 18 March 2017 22:36:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You should be showing two listing for the collection

One for the test issues, and one for the live collection.

Well that's what I'm shows.
My Favourite Building:- 1919 https://forum.model-spac...=339517&#post339517 -

Current Build - 0-6-0 https://forum.deagostini...=351803&#post351803 Enterprise D - https://forum.deagostini...=posts&t=35768&

Built:-. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Dry dock no room to display:-. Bismarck, U96.
To build:-
. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.
birdaj2
#86 Posted : 18 March 2017 22:45:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Mustang wrote:

Ian

Many thanks. Have an aweful feeling I am in for some bad news when i phone on Monday.

Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
Gandale
#87 Posted : 19 March 2017 00:14:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

birdaj2 wrote:
Mustang wrote:

Ian

Many thanks. Have an aweful feeling I am in for some bad news when i phone on Monday.

Hi Tony, if there are any problems then I'm sure customer services will resolve it for you when you call them on Monday.

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#88 Posted : 19 March 2017 00:24:24

Gandale wrote:
birdaj2 wrote:
Mustang wrote:

Ian

Hi Tony, if there are any problems then I'm sure customer services will resolve it for you when you call them on Monday.

Regards

Alan

Alan

Thanks - i am sure they will but was so eager to make a start on this one. Chances are all is well but sure we will get it sorted BigGrin .

I purchased another issue 1 from asda today to have a spare bonnet to play with as i am considering a colour change on mine. Looks like zero paints can supply just about all of the 1963 colours that were used.

BigGrin
Happy Modelling

Geoff44
#89 Posted : 19 March 2017 01:02:15

I am tempted to re colour my model, but although I am pretty good with an air brush, I don't want to make a cock of it, as there is a very nice finish to the paintwork of the BRG, which should come up pristine with careful polishing.

GEOFF
Tomick
#90 Posted : 19 March 2017 09:00:14

Groups:

Geoff44 wrote:
I am tempted to re colour my model, but although I am pretty good with an air brush, I don't want to make a cock of it, as there is a very nice finish to the paintwork of the BRG, which should come up pristine with careful polishing.
Be mindful not to use anything other than a modelling polish/wax suited to model car use such as Tamiya's modelling wax. Otherwise you may find that the compounds within real car polishes can polish a model car paint finish, down to primer level.
luigione
#91 Posted : 19 March 2017 11:24:15

birdaj2 wrote:

Check your spam, junk folder, that's where mine ended up in.
If you can't find it, just ring customer services on 0844 338 6582 and quoting code JENT5, together with your original subscriber number. You will be given a new one.
Hope this helps
birdaj2
#92 Posted : 19 March 2017 13:19:03

luigione wrote:
birdaj2 wrote:

Check your spam, junk folder, that's where mine ended up in.
If you can't find it, just ring customer services on 0844 338 6582 and quoting code JENT5, together with your original subscriber number. You will be given a new one.
Hope this helps

Many thanks for this. I have found my trial subscription in the online account details but no new subscription showing which is somewhat disappointing given the lady i phoned some weeks back confirmed my account had been reactivated.

Nothing more i can do until tomorrow but it will put me behind everyone else in terms of receiving parts Huh
Happy Modelling

roymattblack
#93 Posted : 19 March 2017 14:06:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

My sub is showing in my account, but it also says it's debiting the money.
I'll check on Monday...

Geoff44
#94 Posted : 19 March 2017 14:07:30

Tomick wrote:
Geoff44 wrote:
Be mindful not to use anything other than a modelling polish/wax suited to model car use such as Tamiya's modelling wax. Otherwise you may find that the compounds within real car polishes can polish a model car paint finish, down to primer level.

Good point Tomick, I will bear that in mind and get some wax suitable for models, in fact using the part 1 bonnet I bought yesterday will be a good test piece. Because I will be getting another part 1 with my first subscription.

GEOFF
Geoff44
#95 Posted : 19 March 2017 16:40:27

Found this on Ebay if anyone is interested. Would make a nice background to your model display case.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...nt-A3-size-/331517481509

GEOFF
birdaj2
#96 Posted : 19 March 2017 16:46:12

[quote=Geoff44]Found this on Ebay if anyone is interested. Would make a nice background to your model display case.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...t-A3-size-/331517481509[/quote]

Very nice find.
Happy Modelling

stevegbr
#97 Posted : 19 March 2017 16:48:17

Groups:

birdaj2 wrote:
[quote=Geoff44]Found this on Ebay if anyone is interested. Would make a nice background to your model display case.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...t-A3-size-/331517481509[/quote]

Very nice find.

it has been removed.
birdaj2
#98 Posted : 19 March 2017 17:09:14

Steve

How odd.

In the original post by Geoff its still showing as available.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...t-A3-size-/331517481509

Happy Modelling

stevegbr
#99 Posted : 19 March 2017 17:29:42

Groups:

birdaj2 wrote:
Steve

How odd.

its working now mate, when i click on the other post its still saying removed, weird, nice print though.
Geoff44
#100 Posted : 19 March 2017 22:03:07

stevegbr wrote:
birdaj2 wrote:
Steve

How odd.

its working now mate, when i click on the other post its still saying removed, weird, nice print though.

The reason it is coming up as removed, is because if you click the link displayed in the quote box, it shows the word quote, attached to the end of the link.

Click on my original link and it works ok.

GEOFF