Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
DaveSea's Honda CB750 Build Options
DaveSea
#1 Posted : 22 September 2016 06:14:04

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

I've been following your great blogs but haven't had a chance to post my work. I was concentrating on building and improving my Lambo Countach model (see my post under the L.C. section) and with business and family commitments I don't have the time to maintain more than one detailed blog. I am also building all three bikes available through DeAgostini. I must say, I think their bike models are but far the most amazing of all their wonderful partwork kits. The quality is so superb I can’t even scratch my superdetailing itch (as I did for the Countach)! I hope DeAgostini makes more bike models. I am planning to get the Pocher Ducati Panigale kit but the quality doesn’t seem to be as high, will require much more custom work to bring the model to proper glory it deserves.

I am on stage 17 already so getting there! See my progress to date. I only polished up steel parts using carnauba auto detailing wax mixture, treated tires with Armorall Tire Shine, and will probably end up replacing some pipes and wiring with more flexible and natural looking silicon piping (I already replaced a couple of shorter pieces and they look great). I also treated the headlight lens with Future Floor Polish (liquid silicon solution) which makes it look more glass-like, eliminating tiny blemishes.
DaveSea attached the following image(s):
Honda (1).jpg
Honda (2).jpg
Honda (3).jpg
Honda (4).jpg
Completed Building Walter Wolf's Lamborghini Countach LP 500S, Harley Davidson Fat Boy, Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa, Honda CB750.
Planning to Build Easy Rider Bike, Valentino Rossi's Yamaha YZR-M1
DaveSea
#2 Posted : 22 September 2016 06:15:44

As is my practice, I try to add some personal touches to the finished model.

For the Hayabusa, I made a set of paper paraphernalia in 1/4 scale:

1) Original posters and magazine print ads;
2) Original owner’s manual (with an unfolded wiring diagram);
3) Original shop manual.

I couldn’t reproduce them with all pages because they would be too thick in scale (superthin paper will be needed) but I did reproduce the covers in colors and a lot of pages from the beginning, middle and end, so when you open them up they look like real miniature manuals.

More pics to follow soon!
Honda (5).jpg
Honda (6).jpg
Honda (7).jpg
Honda (8).jpg
Completed Building Walter Wolf's Lamborghini Countach LP 500S, Harley Davidson Fat Boy, Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa, Honda CB750.
Tomick
#3 Posted : 22 September 2016 07:48:32

Groups:

What a great idea!
Spal
#4 Posted : 22 September 2016 13:38:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great attention to detail Cool and a nice looking build. I completely agree with you about the bikes.

Al
davetwin
#5 Posted : 22 September 2016 15:23:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

There's that Dave touch again, Brilliant!! Cool
Gandale
#6 Posted : 22 September 2016 22:05:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Now that is different and looks fab, very nice touch.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
DaveSea
#7 Posted : 26 September 2016 20:34:22

Thanks very much! These details do add the extra touch for display purposes. Will keep posting more stuff.
DaveSea
#8 Posted : 24 October 2016 04:41:15

Stage 57. After removing the frame half (again), installed the battery box and the rear frame joint. It took quite a bit of wiggling to align and install the frame back into place.
HB (2).jpg
HB (3).jpg
DaveSea
#9 Posted : 24 October 2016 04:47:30

I've also noticed that engine cables A & B from stage 52 are extremely flimsy. Mine have broken off in right after installation, 3 out of 4. So I drilled holes in the connectors using a miniature drill (0.3 mm), screwed in miniature glass repair screws and inserted tubing on the screws (with their heads bitten off) on superglue. This results in much stronger joints not likely to break off.

I have also replaced carburetor tubes (4 pieces) with more flexible and real-looking silicone tubing of similar diameter (it came from a pair of broken phone earbuds).
HB (1).jpg
HB (8).jpg
DaveSea
#10 Posted : 24 October 2016 04:50:45

No I have installed the rear fender (with wires properly routed and connected), the spring for the stand, and the dynamo cover (stage 58).
HB (4).jpg
HB (5).jpg
HB (6).jpg
HB (7).jpg
DaveSea
#11 Posted : 24 October 2016 04:54:14

Stage 59. Glued in exhaust pipe joints using gel superglue.

Installed and screwed in exhaust pipes (this took some effort as I didn't want to uninstall and reinstall the rear wheel again but it worked out well in the end).

It's really starting to take shape! More to follow in November.
HB (9).jpg
HB (10).jpg
Spal
#12 Posted : 24 October 2016 12:36:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Making some good progress Dave,Cool
I know what you mean about splitting the frame, perhaps it could have been easier to have had the build order altered a little to prevent it.

Later on in the build you get some better plug leads to fit but your fix has done the job.

Keep up the good work, shall look forward to your next update.

Al
DaveSea
#13 Posted : 08 December 2016 20:14:56

Pack 19, Stage 60. Completed building the base. Wooden parts were of decent quality this time (my Suzuki bike had damaged and warped base parts, had to order replacements). Looks very nice!
Honda (1).jpg
Honda (2).jpg
Honda (3).jpg
DaveSea
#14 Posted : 08 December 2016 20:18:07

Stage 61. Followed instructions to install washers and shock absorbers. Everything fits nicely!
Honda (5).jpg
Honda (6).jpg
Honda (7).jpg
Honda (8).jpg
Honda (9).jpg
Honda (10).jpg
arpurchase
#15 Posted : 08 December 2016 20:42:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nicely done and looking great, you need a fork lift to lift the beast now lolDrool LoveBlink Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Spal
#16 Posted : 08 December 2016 21:03:40

Great progress Dave BigGrin and nice and clean.

Al
davetwin
#17 Posted : 08 December 2016 21:13:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Everytime I see closeups of this the detail really does astonish me, it's stunning!
DaveSea
#18 Posted : 18 January 2017 18:57:20

Getting very darn close to completion!

Pack 21. Stage 66. Installed fuel tank cover and badge, everything aligns perfectly.
Honda (1).jpg
Honda (2).jpg
DaveSea
#19 Posted : 18 January 2017 18:59:46

Trimmed engine hoses and just wrapped the ends with a piece of strong duct tape, it has a much stronger sticky layer than vinyl tape and will hold the ends together well.

Installed fuel tank base and screwed in control board.
Honda (3).jpg
Honda (4).jpg
DaveSea
#20 Posted : 18 January 2017 19:01:49

Fuel tank is now installed, after some wiggling achieved a perfect fit! Polished it with chamois, what a beauty!

Honda (5).jpg