Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

following the Model space build log along with instructions for the Trinidad Options
ronald305
#1 Posted : 02 October 2016 17:18:24

Groups: Registered

Hello there
I was wondering if it's possible to follow the build log from the forum for help along with the instructions for the Occre Santisima Trinidad kit, since is the same kit as the parts build from model space UK and since I'm unable to subscribe to the UK kits from the U.S but I can buy the Occre kit from some one else.
Ronald
Tomick
#2 Posted : 02 October 2016 18:08:18

Groups:

The instructions for the ModelSpace kit up to pack 8 are on the Trinidad site page.

The ModelSpace Trinidad instructions do not follow the build sequence of the retail kit, and also mixed within the build of the ModelSpace kit, is the build of the cross-section.
If you are a novice period ship builder, I would advise against trying to build your kit using two different sets of instructions, you'll end up with confusion and get lost among the build way. Your best advised to remain with the retail kit instructions if this is the route you are taking.

There won't be a video build of Trinidad.
ronald305
#3 Posted : 02 October 2016 19:59:15

Ok thanks Mr T
what if I only use the model space instructions instead and where can I find the Trinidad site page
Ronald

Tomick
#4 Posted : 02 October 2016 20:45:12

Groups:

You'll find it difficult as you will need to extract wood and parts from you kit to marry up with the MS instructions. As mentioned, simply stick with your kit instructions as you could end up opening a can of worms.

Click on "The Build" tab for the MS instructions, which so far have only been uploaded to Pack 08
http://www.model-space.c...santisima-trinidad.html

ronald305
#5 Posted : 02 October 2016 21:22:43

ok then thanks for the information
Ronald
ronald305
#6 Posted : 08 October 2016 14:22:00

So Mr T
would it be ok if I get building tips then for the Trinidad build log
Ronald
Tomick
#7 Posted : 08 October 2016 14:52:58

Groups:

The retail Trinidad kit is not a first or second period ship build for the novice modeller. You would be far better taking on something less complex then return to the Trinidad once you have learn the basic skills of period ship construction.
We're unable to cross reference your Trinidad retail kit with the Partwork kit as we don't have any info on the retail kit and therefore any guidance would be based on what we know for the partwork rather than your retail kit, also the wood content likely differs too.
darbyvet
#8 Posted : 08 October 2016 15:21:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

OCCRE instructions are not really very good in my experience.I have built several of their kits and they assume you are familiar with many of the techniques used in ship building. To my mind this is where the model space ship kits excel.You get far more detailed instructions and they cover the basic techniques in much more depth than you get with a regular ship kit.

I built the OCCRE Jupiter train and it seemed like a simple build based on the instructions, but it was a bear to finish and turned out to be quite a complex build.

The HMS Victory and Sovereign of the seas have outstanding instructions in my opinion.

Carl