Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages 123>»
Gils HMS Victory - Cross Section Build Options
GilShapley
#1 Posted : 03 October 2016 19:43:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

And so it begins

I am finally starting this build.

Will post pictures as I progress. My intention is to follow the build as per the instructions. Still have spare parts left over from my Victory build and these may prove useful as will my experience in building the Victory.

One thing I have left over are some black cannon balls and I will be using these when I get to that stage. I think they are more realistic than the ones provided

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
No1.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
tf64
#2 Posted : 03 October 2016 19:49:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gill,

You will enjoy this one, it won't take as long as the Victory, but then again I still have mine to finish off.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Tomick
#3 Posted : 03 October 2016 22:49:39

Groups:

A nice extra would be to add copper tiles to the hull, as it happens CMB have some the exact same scale that were designed for the Caldercraft 1/72 Victory
Gandale
#4 Posted : 03 October 2016 23:01:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nice one Gil, will enjoy following your progress on this and am sure you'll do a great job.... Good luck with it, look forward to your next update...

Regards

Alan
pemberg
#5 Posted : 04 October 2016 08:45:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking forward to following your build - have fun.
Graeme
Spal
#6 Posted : 04 October 2016 11:43:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking forward to this, i'm sure it will be as enjoyable as your Vic to build BigGrin

Al
Martyn Ingram
#7 Posted : 04 October 2016 15:01:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin looking forward to seeing your build Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
darbyvet
#8 Posted : 04 October 2016 15:04:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I will be watching this with interest. I know you will do a superb job with this
Carl

delboy271155
#9 Posted : 04 October 2016 18:01:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Love Love Love

This will be one to watch Cool

Good Luck

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

davetwin
#10 Posted : 04 October 2016 19:53:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

im really impressed with how this looks after seeing others build this.

Good luck with your build, I look forward to following it Cool
GilShapley
#11 Posted : 04 October 2016 21:46:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Issue 121

Assembling the rib frames.I made several copies of the plan to enable me to construct four of the frames at the same time. I will leave the glue to dry overnight. ( I use EVO-Stick wood glue which gives a good strong joint)

I had a large notice board which was not being used so this is now my flat base for setting out the frames. It is soft enough for the pins but firm enough to hold the ribs in place.

Hope to complete the rest of the frames, issue 122 tomorrow.

No2.jpg
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
Gandale
#12 Posted : 04 October 2016 23:56:13

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks like you're off to a great start Gil, will be following.... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
z8000783
#13 Posted : 05 October 2016 08:17:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

I'm loving these builds. Looking forward to this one.
michael.rolph
#14 Posted : 05 October 2016 09:53:06

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good, is this the full kit or did it continue at the end of your Victory subscription?
GilShapley
#15 Posted : 05 October 2016 10:55:41

After completing the Victory I decided for a change of tack (Sorry for the awful pun) I built the Hummer next and various smaller models but always intended to complete the Cross Section. Waited for the full kit to become available and went for it.

The main advantage of going for full Kits as I am sure you all know is no frustrating wait for the next delivery

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

GilShapley
#16 Posted : 06 October 2016 16:18:12

Have completed the ribs 6,7 and 8 and assembled the first part of the framework

Waiting for the glue to dry before I move onto the next part of the framework, dont want to upset the alignment of the ribs

So far so good

No2.jpg
No3.jpg
No4.jpg
GilShapley
#17 Posted : 06 October 2016 16:22:53

Wrong picture added ooopps

Ribs 6,7 and 8 shown below
No5.jpg
Gandale
#18 Posted : 06 October 2016 22:04:25

Another very nice update Gil, looking good.....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Spal
#19 Posted : 06 October 2016 22:19:01

A very nice start Gil,looks good.

Al
pemberg
#20 Posted : 07 October 2016 08:40:39

Great start to your build, good work.
Graeme