Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages «<9101112>
Gils HMS Victory - Cross Section Build Options
birdaj2
#201 Posted : 20 December 2017 18:49:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

That looks wonderful.

Such a nicely detailed model and you have put it all together so well.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Plymouth57
#202 Posted : 20 December 2017 19:51:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful work on this Gil, I'll be spending a lot of time checking out your diary next year - I chose this kit as my prize!BigGrin

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Spal
#203 Posted : 20 December 2017 20:26:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking great with some paint on her Gil BigGrin

Al
DaDokta
#204 Posted : 21 December 2017 08:27:03

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Fabulous build! Looking great!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Gandale
#205 Posted : 21 December 2017 09:55:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Gil, very nice indeed....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Tomick
#206 Posted : 21 December 2017 11:40:28

Groups:

Nice work Gil, loving the additional points of detail being added. Are you going to copper plate the lower hull? If so CMB have the Amati 1/172 nail marked tiles...
http://www.cornwallmodel...mati-copper-plates.html

Also the Caldercraft 1/72 nail marked tiles (supplied with their HMS Victory kit)..
http://www.cornwallmodel...g/caldercraft83525.html
Cool
Markwarren
#207 Posted : 21 December 2017 12:06:48

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice indeed, certainly taking shape .BigGrin

Mark
GilShapley
#208 Posted : 23 December 2017 13:06:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Change of plan for the hammocks. My original idea produced hammock rolls that where too big for the smaller hammock cranes. So plan B. I am now using a cocktail stick as a base rather than the piece of dowel. (Useful things those cocktail sticks BigGrin ) This produces a roll/Hammock that will fit in the smaller hammock cranes and also will stack in the larger cranes/netting.

GilShapley attached the following image(s):
No90.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
arpurchase
#209 Posted : 23 December 2017 13:34:11

BigGrin Nice work GilCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

GilShapley
#210 Posted : 23 December 2017 16:20:43

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Think I might have gone overt the top with the number of barrels required
BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

I found I did not have a steady enough hand to paint the black rings on the barrel so my answer was to use the side of the point of a black permanent marker, Sharpie fine point permanent marker works fine and dries quickly (Other permanent markers are available)

No91.jpg
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
delboy271155
#211 Posted : 23 December 2017 16:35:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Looks good Gil. Cool

Those Sharpies are great, I`ve used them on many occasions.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#212 Posted : 24 December 2017 00:20:49

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

First class work Gil, looks fabulous......Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Spal
#213 Posted : 24 December 2017 01:02:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great update GilBigGrin nice idea for the hammocks and love the barrels.

Al
GilShapley
#214 Posted : 28 December 2017 22:25:30

Hammocks - the end

Of all the parts of the build so far I found this to be the most mmmm frustrating is a good word.

I have already described my system for the hammocks so it was on to the Hammock Cranes. The holders are straight forward to install. I used some brass rods to insert into the holes in the cranes that I had in my stash rather then try to straighten out the brass supplied.

Onto the netting and the most frustrating part so far.
Here is my eventual method.
1) Using a piece of A4 paper mark out the size of the netting supplied
2) Measure the 3 different sizes of netting required
3) Mark out the five pieces required ( two of them will be the same ) This will ensure you have sufficient netting to make all of the 5 netting's required.
4) Cut out the templates and use these to fine tune the size of the netting you will require. These templates are much easier to fold and cut and if you make a mistake it will not matter. Once you are happy with the fit use the template to assist with the cutting of the netting.
5) Page 18 picture 9 in the magazine shows the method I used to place the netting.
6) I tried several methods and in the end I found the best method to attach the net to the hammocks was to use my needle threader to pull the thread through the net rather than try to pull it with a needle. Push the threader through the net in the required place inset the thread and pull. Try it for yourself.

Once the netting is in place you can add the hammock rolls. I made them of different sizes as required

Some pictures attached

GilShapley
#215 Posted : 28 December 2017 22:33:39

Pictures for my post
Publication1.jpg
Publication2.jpg
Publication3.jpg
Publication4.jpg
pemberg
#216 Posted : 28 December 2017 23:09:24

Great job Gil, looks fantastic - a credit to you.

Graeme
birdaj2
#217 Posted : 28 December 2017 23:14:21

Gil

Lots of hard work and patience needed to get all those bed-rolls in place but really neat finish you have made with yours.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#218 Posted : 28 December 2017 23:57:52

You've been rewarded by your patience Gil, looks great.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Spal
#219 Posted : 29 December 2017 00:38:56

Very neat and tidy Gil BigGrin great job.

Al
magpie1832
#220 Posted : 29 December 2017 01:24:26

Great work Gil, Looks awesome mate.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.