Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Steve's SOTS Options
Whitesd
#1 Posted : 04 October 2016 11:53:04

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,
I have a confession to make. I have been steadily working away at my SOTS for the last year and a half. Many times I've thought about starting a build diary and just never got around to it. I think it's probably because there are so many exquisite examples on the forum that I felt mine wasn't worthy.Blushing
Anyway, I thought it was high time I plucked up the courage and posted a few pics on progress to date. I must admit it's been an enjoyable experience up to now although I know that I'm not far away from those dreaded ratlines Crying
Anyway enjoy some pics from sunny South Africa
Regards Steve
October 2015

Present Build: San Fransisco II, 1/32 Lancaster Bomber

Subscribed to: Sovereign of the Seas

Completed: La Toulonnaise, Harvey
scraperjawa
#2 Posted : 04 October 2016 13:38:06

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Some very nice work there, Steve. You have definitely put a lot of time and effort into your build. Thanks for sharing and hopefully you will continue to show your work as you progress with the rest of the build.

Stephen
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

Martyn Ingram
#3 Posted : 04 October 2016 14:59:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Not worthy I don't think so she looks brilliant Steve very nice work Drool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Gibbo
#4 Posted : 04 October 2016 15:37:01

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Dont kid yourself, a very worthy example indeed.
Regards
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
davetwin
#5 Posted : 04 October 2016 19:59:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I had no reason to be scared of posting a build diary, do my eye it looks like you are doing a mighty fine job her Cool

Please do post more as you progress
Gandale
#6 Posted : 04 October 2016 23:36:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice work indeed, you've done a fabulous job of her, an excellent example of a beautiful build.....Drool Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
nightwisher
#7 Posted : 04 October 2016 23:46:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice work,one one to proud of.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
Whitesd
#8 Posted : 06 October 2016 06:38:20

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks everyone for the kind words.BigGrin I will post more pictures in the near future.

infidex
#9 Posted : 09 October 2016 02:08:49

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking good, I need to work on mine more in the coming week, the third month of parts just showed up.
Current DeAgostini Model Space Builds:
Millennium Falcon; Sovereign of the Seas, Ford Mustang Shelby

Current "Other" Model Builds:
Bandai 1/12 C-3PO (Japan Import); Revell 1/48 X-Wing "Master Series"

On The Shelf Waiting to Be Started:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon "Master Series"; Bandai 1/12 Boba Fett; Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing Star Fighter; Bandai 1/72 A-Wing Starfighter
magpie1832
#10 Posted : 09 October 2016 08:24:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I don't know where you get your not worthy. Your worthy of posting such a stunning example. Your build is truly amazing.
Love to see more updates. By the way love the San Fran 2 in the back ground.
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Hans
#11 Posted : 18 October 2016 10:45:03

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow Steve, once again you have out done yourself, she looks beautiful. I am so glad you started sharing. Well done.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Whitesd
#12 Posted : 19 October 2016 08:40:38

Thanks Hans and Chris for your kind words.BigGrin
Nice to hear from you Hans, haven't heard from you in a while.

Steve

Garth
#13 Posted : 01 November 2016 13:44:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Steve,
Wow!!! Awesome work.
So glad that you have shared your build with us.
Looking forward to your updates.

Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Garth
#14 Posted : 01 November 2016 13:45:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Steve,
Wow!!! Awesome work.
So glad that you have shared your build with us.
Looking forward to your updates.

Kind regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Whitesd
#15 Posted : 02 November 2016 07:57:43

Thanks Garth for the kind words.
Not been much progress to really show at the moment, I'm basically putting all the blocks on the cannons.....should have done them when they came up in each magazine, now I'm doing them all in "mass production" and it's quite tediousBlushing Will add some more pics once I've done them all.BigGrin

delboy271155
#16 Posted : 02 November 2016 08:17:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Steve, BigGrin

Your Sots build is very worthy of mention and don`t let anyone tell you otherwise. It`s Cool Cool Cool .

Just one very minor thing that may be worth a mention to you.

It seems that the doors at the bow, where the bowsprit starts, needs a dividing line between them. Otherwise it looks like one door with hinges on both sides. (A bit difficult to open LOL).

Your not the first or last who has done/ will do this,but thought I`d mention it whilst you could still get to it.

Keep up the good work and the updates.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Whitesd
#17 Posted : 02 November 2016 08:45:41

Hi Derek,
Thanks for pointing that out to me...never even gave it a thoughtBlushing I will rectify at some stage soon, thanks, and thanks for the kind words. Must admit building the SOTS is certainly a mammoth task, I've been busy on her for about 18 months so far.
Regards
Steve

Garth
#18 Posted : 04 November 2016 12:57:02

Hi Steve,

I also saved my Victory guns and did them in one big batch. I think that it is a good idea to do that rather. I'm sure its quicker in the long run.

Good luck!!!

Looking forward to their pics.

Kind regards,
Garth
Finished!!! HMS Victory,