Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages <12345>»
Soleil Royal by Martyn Options
magpie1832
#41 Posted : 18 June 2017 23:16:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Nice to see you back on it.
Love the look of the cannon now. Great work Martyn.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

ian smith
#42 Posted : 20 June 2017 11:34:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Martyn.
Looking fantastic. Look forward to seeing your progress. Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Martyn Ingram
#43 Posted : 25 June 2017 07:02:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Cheers for the comments Alan Chris and Ian and for looking in Cool

A little more done on my SR . I'm on pack 6 and you get the ships boats so I thought I would crack on with them Cool
The larger one I would make it into the Royal barge fit for the king to visit his Royal ship, so I have added some more detail
The sides of the boat have been built up and have carvings placed on the side Cool then it was painted in Royal colours
The inside was also changed as I have added some grating which I had left over from the Wasa I did have to thin it down as it was a bit thick Cool

Next job carrying on with the planking the outside of the SR Cool

Thanks for following rgd Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1005.jpg
ships 1006.jpg
ships 1007.jpg
ships 1010.jpg
ships 1012.jpg
ships 1019.jpg
ships 1020.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
birdaj2
#44 Posted : 25 June 2017 08:14:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn

Love the look of the small boats.

Very neatly put together.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
tigerace
#45 Posted : 25 June 2017 11:38:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

great job on the boats MartynBigGrin love the extra detail really makes them stand outBigGrin Drool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

arpurchase
#46 Posted : 25 June 2017 19:27:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Very nice work Martin
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

greyhawk
#47 Posted : 25 June 2017 19:35:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

pemberg
#48 Posted : 25 June 2017 20:05:37

Nice work on the boat, love the extra detail.

Graeme
jase
#49 Posted : 25 June 2017 20:41:30

Boat looks fab, really enjoying your build

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Martyn Ingram
#50 Posted : 22 July 2017 15:22:39

BigGrin Thanks for the comments guys and for looking in Cool

Progress has been a little slow as I have damaged the tendon in my arm so planking has been a little painful Crying but I have now finished the first planking Cool just letting it dry over night ready for a good sanding tomorrow Cool
Next job putting on the second planking Cool

Cheers for looking in

Rgd Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1063.jpg
ships 1064.jpg
ships 1066.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
ModelMania
#51 Posted : 22 July 2017 20:15:24

Groups:

Nice work Martyn, as always. Like your ship's boat and I especially like that you've used inks instead of paint, which has a more aged look to it in my opinion.

Well done. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Gandale
#52 Posted : 22 July 2017 23:14:19

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good Martyn, nicely done....Cool Cool .. Hope the arm is well on the mend....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#53 Posted : 23 July 2017 09:00:46

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Martyn, great work. Cool

Mark
tigerace
#54 Posted : 23 July 2017 11:31:10

Great job on the planking MartynDrool BigGrin hope your arm gets better quicklyBlink Confused regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Martyn Ingram
#55 Posted : 23 July 2017 12:36:55

BigGrin Thanks for the comments Kev I am really pleased with the way the ships boats turned out they are a little kit all by themselves Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Martyn Ingram
#56 Posted : 23 July 2017 12:43:28

BigGrin Cheers for the comments Alan I managed to tear the ligament in my elbow at work Crying and the dear old quack said its going to take about six months to get better as long as I behave myself Laugh it still won't stop me building though Cool

Thanks for following Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Martyn Ingram
#57 Posted : 23 July 2017 12:46:07

BigGrin Thanks for following Mark and the bril comments Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Martyn Ingram
#58 Posted : 23 July 2017 12:50:16

BigGrin Thanks Phil for the comments. The old arm is a bit painful but slowly getting better so onwards and upwards mate Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
jase
#59 Posted : 23 July 2017 14:54:19

Planking looks great, looking forward to the second planking

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
arpurchase
#60 Posted : 23 July 2017 18:17:17

BigGrin Looking good Martin and get well soonCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .