Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<34567>»
Soleil Royal by Martyn Options
Martyn Ingram
#81 Posted : 10 September 2017 16:14:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Thank you all for the brilliant feedback Cool

A bit more done on the SR . The strakes are all fitted to the lower hull and the rudder was fitted next. I painted the hinges as I didn't like the gold so they had a coat of iron with a wash of brown.
Next job I have planked the beak and keel as I think it looks better than the plain ply , a false keel was then applied to cover the raw edge Cool

Now most of the outside of the hull is complete I am going to rigg the cannons under the cross deck before it's fitted so I have room Cool
The cannons are painted bronze with gold highlights Cool
Till the next time happy modelling
Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1132.jpg
ships 1133.jpg
ships 1134.jpg
ships 1139.jpg
ships 1140.jpg
ships 1141.jpg
ships 1143.jpg
ships 1144.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
jase
#82 Posted : 10 September 2017 16:36:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

She is looking really good mate, enjoying your build.

jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
pemberg
#83 Posted : 10 September 2017 17:25:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great job, those canon look really good.

Graeme
birdaj2
#84 Posted : 10 September 2017 17:54:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martyn

That looks really nice.

Especially like the way you have cut and matched the strips that run around the hull - very tidy indeed.

Hope it all continues well.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
tigerace
#85 Posted : 10 September 2017 18:15:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Top class work MartynBigGrin love those cannons Drool she is looking beautifulDrool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Gandale
#86 Posted : 10 September 2017 22:35:10

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Beautiful piece of work Martyn, she's looking fab....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#87 Posted : 10 September 2017 23:18:16

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Just have to concur with all the comments above.BigGrin

The close-up pics show the class of build you have here.

Cool Love Cool Love Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

magpie1832
#88 Posted : 11 September 2017 21:57:58

Very nice work Martin. Making it more authentic and adding your own touches to it makes it extra special.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

davetwin
#89 Posted : 12 September 2017 19:32:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Really coming together nicely Martyn. Those cannons are looking very nice Cool
kpnuts
#90 Posted : 12 September 2017 20:39:13

That is looking the dogs danglies.
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
ian smith
#91 Posted : 20 September 2017 14:03:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Martyn.
Cool Looking fantastic Cool Cool BigGrin
Ian.
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Martyn Ingram
#92 Posted : 01 October 2017 09:29:09

ThumpUp Thanks for the brilliant feedback guys Cool

I have now finished rigging the cannons , yippee
As you can see they have been rigged with in-haul and out-haul tackle. To save drilling the side of the gun carriage I glued a 1x1mm strip of wood to the side to place the ring into. The ring for the in-haul tackle was a bit more trouble but came up with a cunning plan Cool I made up some wedges and glued the ring to the under side and placed them under the rear of the cannons. After they were fitted on with the cross deck which I have planked with spare planking to match the other decks Cool
I have also recruited some Crew for the ship. The captain and first officer with one of the minions have been painted a few more to do so will post some more pics when done

Cheers for following
Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1147.jpg
ships 1148.jpg
ships 1149.jpg
ships 1151.jpg
ships 1152.jpg
ships 1154.jpg
ships 1158.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Markwarren
#93 Posted : 01 October 2017 09:51:40

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Martyn, nice to see you’ve press ganged some crew.

Mark
Gandale
#94 Posted : 01 October 2017 10:32:58

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks beautiful Martyn, you're turning this into a wonderful display piece, cedit to you and your skills....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
tigerace
#95 Posted : 01 October 2017 11:23:37

Really is top draw work MartynDrool Drool love those figures Love well done BigGrin the detail is outstanding all credit to you ThumpUp Cool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

birdaj2
#96 Posted : 01 October 2017 13:04:02

Looks really good Martyn. I think the figures make such a big difference to the model.

Are these figures the "english sailors" by Redbox? Seen the brand on hannants but they only show the box front so always held off not knowing the quality.

If yours are redbox then they look very good and i will get some for myself before they disappear forever.
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
jonny7england
#97 Posted : 01 October 2017 13:32:17

Brilliant!!....An awesome looking build Martyn...She sure is nice!! Love
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Martyn Ingram
#98 Posted : 01 October 2017 14:29:31

BigGrin Cheers guys for the comments Cool

Hi Tony you are right with the figures they are from Red Box . They are not to bad but there is quite a lot of flash to clean up and being soft plastic you can repose them plus they also do a set in battle which I have on order. Not to worried about them being English sailors as the French and English had very similar dress in the 17c also the sailors didn't have uniforms in that era
Hope this helps

Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
birdaj2
#99 Posted : 01 October 2017 14:54:49

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Cheers guys for the comments Cool

Hi Tony you are right with the figures they are from Red Box . They are not to bad but there is quite a lot of flash to clean up and being soft plastic you can repose them plus they also do a set in battle which I have on order. Not to worried about them being English sailors as the French and English had very similar dress in the 17c also the sailors didn't have uniforms in that era
Hope this helps

Martyn

Martyn

Many thanks for the update.

I see they do 3 sets in this range. I must admit you have painted them up very well snd they do look really good.

Hope it all continues well.

Happy Modelling

Martyn Ingram
#100 Posted : 01 October 2017 15:04:54

BigGrin Cheers for the info Tony I didn't know that they did three sets. Can you tell me what the third set is Confused

If you want some of the ones I have you are most welcome to the spares as l won't be using all of them Cool . Send me a PM if you want some

Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?