Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<45678>»
Soleil Royal by Martyn Options
birdaj2
#101 Posted : 01 October 2017 15:25:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Cheers for the info Tony I didn't know that they did three sets. Can you tell me what the third set is Confused

If you want some of the ones I have you are most welcome to the spares as l won't be using all of them Cool . Send me a PM if you want some

Martyn

They do the sailors, the sailors in battle and sailors artillery.

Have a look on hannants as they have them listed under "english sailors".

Had a look on amazon and although expensive they have italian, turkish and spanish sailors.

https://www.hannants.co....?search=English+sailors

Just re-looked on hannants and they have sailors by the dozen and better pricing than the £13 price on amazon

https://www.hannants.co...._name=&save_search=

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Martyn Ingram
#102 Posted : 01 October 2017 15:59:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Thanks for the info Tony I will have to order some from my local Model shop Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
magpie1832
#103 Posted : 02 October 2017 18:16:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice update Martyn, Looks great with the crew.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Martyn Ingram
#104 Posted : 15 October 2017 16:50:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Thanks for all the comments guys Cool

A bit more done on the SR . I have fitted the the rails to the bulwarks but found a small difference to the hight of the quarter deck bulwark that the columns were to high so had to pack the next bulwark up with a 2+4mm strip.
Next job fitting the stern galleries. A bit of sanding and filing to make them snug to the hull then glued in place and left over night to dry . The curve peace was glued onto to side after trimming the rubbing strake Cool
Next up the windows. As you can see I have changed them from the instructions as they looked a bit flat so I have added a door frame and painted the insides of the frame gold and the panels under the windows blue with gold trim Cool

I will finish the rest of the galleries in the next couple of days

Thanks for following

Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1159.jpg
ships 1161.jpg
ships 1162.jpg
ships 1164.jpg
ships 1166.jpg
ships 1167.jpg
ships 1168.jpg
ships 1170.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
birdaj2
#105 Posted : 15 October 2017 17:40:03

That looks really neat Martyn.

I especially like the blue you have used as it looks just right ( not too bright, not too dark).

Hope it continues well.
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
jonny7england
#106 Posted : 15 October 2017 18:25:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful work Martyn...Love the hand rails and spindle rail supports...It really gives them character...I like detail like that in a build...
Love ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
daffy09
#107 Posted : 16 October 2017 12:45:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Martyn
Only just catching up with your diary, nice work going on there. I'll keep looking in now I've found you.
Happy building
David
Martyn Ingram
#108 Posted : 11 November 2017 11:58:08

BigGrin Cheers for all comments Cool

Sorry for the long wait for this update but work has been manic Bored
I have been working on the stern galleries
The galleries have been bent and glued to the formers and then filled and sanded . I then painted them blue
Next job fitting the brass wire to the top. I just couldn't get my head around this as the wire wouldn't straighten out Confused so I came up with another idea Cool I had some 1.5 x 1 mm pine strip in my spares box and used the scraper I got with the Sovereign to make the moulding for the top and bottom of the galleries. Once painted gold I think they look ok
As you can see I have fitted some of the carvings but lots more to go
Next job fitting the dead eyes. Quite a straight forward job but I didn't like the look of the gold chain so have painted them iron along with the chain plates

Thanks for following
Martyn
ships 1171.jpg
ships 1172.jpg
ships 1174.jpg
ships 1175.jpg
ships 1176.jpg
ships 1181.jpg
ships 1194.jpg
ships 1197.jpg
Building ?
Next Build ?
birdaj2
#109 Posted : 11 November 2017 12:07:13

That looks very good Martyn. There are certainly some awkward angles to work with on those stern gellery parts.

When you are painting do you seal the wood first or do you just build up the coats until you get the required finish?
Happy Modelling

Martyn Ingram
#110 Posted : 11 November 2017 12:22:08

BigGrin Hi Tony the curves were fun but a bit of stemming from the kettle and bent around a bean tin soon had them in shape. The wood was sealed first with some varnish,left to dry then given a light sand and another coat was then applied and left to dry before painting with the blue

Thanks for the comments m8

Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
tigerace
#111 Posted : 11 November 2017 12:30:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well you are doing a superb job on her MartynBigGrin great stuffDrool Drool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

birdaj2
#112 Posted : 11 November 2017 12:33:09

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Hi Tony the curves were fun but a bit of stemming from the kettle and bent around a bean tin soon had them in shape. The wood was sealed first with some varnish,left to dry then given a light sand and another coat was then applied and left to dry before painting with the blue

Thanks for the comments m8

Martyn

Martyn

Many thanks for the update on how you paint.

Hope it all continues well.
Happy Modelling

arpurchase
#113 Posted : 11 November 2017 19:14:31

BigGrin Looking good MartinCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

delboy271155
#114 Posted : 11 November 2017 22:51:16

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Impressive stuff Martyn. WTG

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

magpie1832
#115 Posted : 12 November 2017 00:17:50

Looking great Martyn, doing a super job. Starting to get the bling now.

Chris Cool Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Gandale
#116 Posted : 12 November 2017 00:44:47

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very well done Martyn, great looking work you've done.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Martyn Ingram
#117 Posted : 26 November 2017 16:43:37

BigGrin Cheers for the brilliant comments guys Cool

A lot more done on the SR Cool
I have painted the figure head and dry fitted it to the stem Cool just to see how it looked
A lot more bling fitted to the stern and the chain attached to the rudder . The curved castings that go under the lower gallery didn't match the curve of the stern so had to bend them a little to get them to fit , a little difficult as they are very brittle but with a little bit of gentle persuasion they ended up ok .
The boarding steps were next. I lined them up between the gunports to keep them straight as I didn't like them zigzagging up the side of the ship Cool next up the ladder up the front of the bow bulkhead,once completed the heads where glued down and the cannons fitted Cool
Next job making up the cannon port lids. I haven't followed the instructions as the lids looked to big and bulky so I have only used the small squares, these were planked with the same wood as the hull and trimmed to leave a small overlap Cool The lids where then drilled and a rope and eyebolt glued into place. I haven't fitted the rings as I am not sure what they where for Confused I can understand the eyebolt as this would be used to keep the lids shut when not in use
but anyway the lids where pinned and glued into place and the rope pushed through a pre drilled hole Cool
One question I have a lot of 8mm rings and can't seem to find them in the instructions so not sure what they are for Confused

Thanks for following
Martyn
ships 1198.jpg
ships 1199.jpg
ships 1200.jpg
ships 1201.jpg
ships 1202.jpg
ships 1204.jpg
ships 1206.jpg
ships 1208.jpg
ships 1211.jpg
Building ?
Next Build ?
birdaj2
#118 Posted : 26 November 2017 17:25:49

Martyn

That is such a neat build.

I really love the gold and blue really forms an eye catching finish.

Strange you have all those 8mm rings. Did they arrive in one pack or spread over several because just wondering if they might have substituted some of the smaller ones that the instructions show?
Happy Modelling

Martyn Ingram
#119 Posted : 26 November 2017 17:40:45

BigGrin Thanks for the brilliant feedback Tony Cool
Confused The rings seem to be spread over the different packs so perhaps they have put the wrong ones in but I have lots of the 3mm ones Confused . I didn't think I had missed anything as I have looked several times at the instructions Blink

Thanks again for the comments

Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
ian smith
#120 Posted : 26 November 2017 19:45:14

Hi Martyn.
stunning looking build. love the gold and blue.
Ian Cool BigGrin Drool
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.