Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<78910>
Soleil Royal by Martyn Options
Martyn Ingram
#161 Posted : 29 April 2018 13:06:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Cheers for the comments Tom and Phil. Really pleased with the way the sails have turned out.
A small update all the rigging has now been completed. I wanted to have the mizzen yard sail to have a bit of sag in it to match the angle Cool
I have just started to make the rope coils to go over the belay pins and knightsheads Cool
The anchors have been fitted to one side. I have used some larger blocks for the lift from the cats head that I had in my spares box and some rope left over from my Vasa build.
Getting near the end of this brilliant kit Love . The crew will be the last thing to fit

Thanks for looking
Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1287.jpg
ships 1294.jpg
ships 1313.jpg
ships 1314.jpg
ships 1315.jpg
ships 1316.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
arpurchase
#162 Posted : 29 April 2018 18:14:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking very nice and great workCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

jase
#163 Posted : 29 April 2018 19:51:10

She is really looking aw sum, fab build and finish
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
magpie1832
#164 Posted : 29 April 2018 20:16:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice work Martyn, your doing an excellent job builder her. Another stunning job from you.

Chris
Cool Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Gandale
#165 Posted : 29 April 2018 23:13:59

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Wonderful Martyn, a great display of your skills.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Tomick
#166 Posted : 30 April 2018 13:56:06

Groups:

An impressive build, well done Cool
ian smith
#167 Posted : 01 May 2018 17:04:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Cool stunning build martyn. looks amazing.BigGrin Drool Drool
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Markwarren
#168 Posted : 01 May 2018 20:14:56

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looks stunning Martyn, you must be very please with how it has tuned out. A lot of hard and skilled work gone into that.Love

Mark
Martyn Ingram
#169 Posted : 04 May 2018 16:25:25

BigGrin Thank you very much for the brilliant comments guys Cool

This is the last update on the SR as she is now finished Crying . She has been a joy to build and the end result is a stunning looking ship and I would recommend it to all ship builders be it beginner or advance Cool
As you can see all the sails have been finished and the crew fitted to the deck . I like the one leaning on the beak head as it reminds me of a guy at work as he leans on things and doesn't do much LOL . The rope coils have been added to the belay pins and knightsheads Cool
I am really pleased with the way the furled sails have turned out as I have never tried this before Cool
Thanks again for following and the bril comments Cool see you soon with my next build .
Martyn
Martyn Ingram attached the following image(s):
ships 1325.jpg
ships 1326.jpg
ships 1327.jpg
ships 1329.jpg
ships 1330.jpg
ships 1331.jpg
ships 1337.jpg
ships 1338.jpg
ships 1339.jpg
ships 1340.jpg
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
delboy271155
#170 Posted : 04 May 2018 16:42:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Another stunner Marytn.

Cool Love Cool Love Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#171 Posted : 04 May 2018 16:57:39

BigGrin Very nice work and a credit to you MartynCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

jase
#172 Posted : 04 May 2018 19:38:09

She looks splended, love the figures too, was a joy to watch, nicly done

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
arek
#173 Posted : 04 May 2018 20:25:58

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Congratulations on finishing your build, looks stunning.Drool Love
Rigging is very neat also I like the idea of furled sails, you don't see this often.

Have question about figures.
Can you share whery you get them?
I was trying to find figures for my San Francisco and practice some painting before I will start with Vasa but I cant find anything in 1/90 scale.
I know that your ship is 1/70 scale but maybe your provider will have something closer to 1/90

Kind regards,
Arek
Martyn Ingram
#174 Posted : 04 May 2018 20:37:30

BigGrin hi Arek and thanks for the comments Cool
The crew are from Red Box 16/17c British sailors in 1/72 scale
You could try HO figures for railways and adapt them as sailors for your San Fran
Cheers again Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
CaptnBirdseye
#175 Posted : 04 May 2018 20:55:26

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Exquisite build Martyn, definitely shows the effort you have put in Love

Gray
Martyn Ingram
#176 Posted : 05 May 2018 07:33:46

BigGrin Cheers for the comments Grey
This ship has been a joy to build and looks stunning when completed Love
Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
Markwarren
#177 Posted : 05 May 2018 07:41:11

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Just stunning, congratulations on a wonderful build. Love Love Drool Drool

Mark
Gibbo
#178 Posted : 05 May 2018 09:05:00

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Wow, she looks fantastic, congratulations Martyn.
Regards
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
nightwisher
#179 Posted : 15 May 2018 19:44:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Another fantastic build I do like the furled sails and I know how hard it is to get the material to do what you want it to do.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
pemberg
#180 Posted : 15 May 2018 20:48:32

Fantastic work Martyn, she looks absolutely superb.

Graeme