Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<456
The King Wanted Bling ---Sovereign Build Log Options
birdaj2
#101 Posted : 27 March 2017 20:13:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Its a real trial on these larger hulls to get to the end but well done for keeping going.

You should now give yourself a pat on the back as your now getting to the stage of adding all those lovely detail bits and pieces.

Hope it all continues well for you.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#102 Posted : 27 March 2017 22:28:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Progressing nicely Nige, looks as if you have a nice smooth surface for the next layer....Cool Cool .. Look forward to your next update....

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#103 Posted : 27 March 2017 22:39:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking great, soon be the second planks then will look different again.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

scraperjawa
#104 Posted : 28 March 2017 05:15:22

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hey Nige,

Looks like it is coming along nicely. I have put my boat aside for a bit to work on my Falcon again, but I will get back to it soon. I needed a break from the planking. Keep up the good work.

Stephen
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

Nige
#105 Posted : 28 March 2017 16:59:30

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks guy's for looking in and all your help and encouragement. Wouldn't have got this far without you.

The next build pack will most likely arrive before Iv'e got the hull ready as I have lots of sanding ahead of me. I've given the hull a quick / light sand with 80 grit and am now starting to fill and smooth with 120 grit.
When I'm happy will finish with 240.

I'm actually dreading the thought of cutting the gun ports in my beautiful hull Blushing Still that's a long way off as some nights I just sit a stare and run my fingers over the hull.

Rgds Nige
Building: Sovereign Of The Seas Reading About Everyone Elses Builds[/b]

Enjoy Making

Nige
Gandale
#106 Posted : 28 March 2017 18:10:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Nige, the cutting out of the gun ports is nothing to be concerned about and am sure you'll do a great job. Measure twice before cutting anything and take a look around to see the different methods members use, deciding for yourself the best method that suits you..... Will be following to see how you get on......Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
pemberg
#107 Posted : 28 March 2017 20:34:42

Nice work with the planking, the hull looks great.

Graeme
Nige
#108 Posted : 29 March 2017 02:51:09

pemberg wrote:
Nice work with the planking, the hull looks great.

Graeme

Thanks Graeme for the thumbs up that means so much. I actually found the planking very relaxing to do.

Rgds Nige

Enjoy Making

Nige
Garth
#109 Posted : 27 May 2017 17:25:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Nige,
Good work on the hull. Planking coming along nicely.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Nige
#110 Posted : 29 May 2017 09:33:28

Hi All - Update Time

Thanks For Looking In And All Your Comments

Work on my Sovereign has slowed a bit but I have been making progress. Iv'e cut out the gun ports and started the second planking. Even though I checked and rechecked several times a couple of the ports needed adjustment. This was nothing major just a very slight tweek so the ports all followed the flow of the second planking. Incredible really how even 0.2mm can really show up but I now have a nice gentle curve. I hope and prey this slight change doesn't come back to bite me when the later detail go's on.

To anyone considering a build of their own and perhaps a little unsure I would say go for it the quality of the supplied parts, detail to the instructions and support / helpful suggestions from members on this forum fantastic. I still can't quite believe I'm doing this and am loving every minute BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

So some Photos: Regards Nige
Nige attached the following image(s):
Second Layer Planking 001.jpg
Second Layer Planking 003.jpg
Second Layer Planking 004.jpg
Second Layer Planking 005.jpg
Second Layer Planking 006.jpg
Second Layer Planking 007.jpg

Enjoy Making

Nige
Gandale
#111 Posted : 29 May 2017 09:40:40

Progressing very nicely Nige, looking good....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
DaDokta
#112 Posted : 29 May 2017 10:10:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The second planking Looks very nice!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
Revell B-24D Liberator 1:48

On the shelf:
Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51 Steam Locomotive, HMS Victory, GWH F-15D Eagle, St. Stephen`s Cathedral (cardboard), Solar-powered paddle Steamer (little project with my son), HMS Victory X-section, "Geli" Phantom II (cardboard)
Martyn Ingram
#113 Posted : 29 May 2017 10:19:44

BigGrin Very nicely done on the planking she is starting to look the biz Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
tigerace
#114 Posted : 29 May 2017 11:21:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You are doing a great job NigeBigGrin regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Nige
#115 Posted : 23 January 2021 10:56:48

Hi all,
It's been a while with very little being done on my build but I have now finally been able to resume building again.
File Attachment(s):
IMG_20210123_094734.jpg (405kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
IMG_20210123_094734.jpg (405kb) downloaded 44 time(s).
Nige attached the following image(s):
IMG_20210124_14477.jpg

Enjoy Making

Nige