Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
X-Axis not moving. Options
AgentReverie
#1 Posted : 15 October 2016 21:44:01

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Idbox appears to be connected to Mac correctly, I have a green light.
Repetier host seems to recognize the printer. The big power box in the bottom is humming/doing something. are there two green lights? It looks like one goes off.
In the software I go to print panel and try to click on '10' for the X-axis, but nothing happens.
Any help, thanks
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 16 October 2016 01:04:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Can you take a screenshot of the repetier host manual control screen.Did you home the x axis? Does the y axis or z axis move.If so you can try swapping out the motor controllers to see if you have a bad controller and make sure they are properly seated on the circuit board.I had this issue and found that my motor controller board was not fully seated in it socket.I also found that with manual control if you keep pressing the x axis button repetier host thinks the print head is moving if you press it enough times repetier host will assume the print head is all the way to the right and it wont send a move signal to the print head.If you home the x axis then repetier host resets the counter to zero and allow the print head to move to the right.

Carl

AgentReverie
#3 Posted : 16 October 2016 13:07:50

I'll try to get a screen shot for you.
By homing do you mean that they were centered before trying the software? I did have them centered.
the y and z axis did not move either.

Edit: Checked something in one of the manuals, it is responding now. Will update later. Thanks!
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 16 October 2016 15:24:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Excellent.What was the problem?

Home position is when the print head is all the way to the front left of the printer and the print bed is as low as it can go.

Carl

AgentReverie
#5 Posted : 16 October 2016 15:57:38

I believe what you said about home position clued me in to look at the user guide again and I found the instructions on page 259 to be the key that unlocked the issue. So far so good.
Update: I don't think the nozzle is close enough to the table. I tried to calibrate, but I'm not sure it's close enough. I can't seem to adjust it more. Maybe lay down extra layers of blue tape?
ha it seems to be printing!
AgentReverie
#6 Posted : 29 May 2017 21:58:57

Still having same issue: Printer will start at the back right.
Seems I may have to calibrate before every print?
darbyvet
#7 Posted : 30 May 2017 17:35:32

AgentReverie wrote:
Still having same issue: Printer will start at the back right.
Seems I may have to calibrate before every print?

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here.What are you calibrating?

Can you take a picture of where the print head is right before it starts printing

Carl

arpurchase
#8 Posted : 30 May 2017 20:03:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi check all the limit switches one of them may not be aligned properly then do your recalibrations.

The best way to set the head height to the bed is to put a buisiness card on the bed and set it so the head barely glides over the card without moving it.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

AgentReverie
#9 Posted : 30 May 2017 23:13:49

By calibration I mean when I follow the instructions to set home. It seems to respond correctly, but when I go to print it moves all the way to the back right. This doesn't seem correct to me, shouldn't it start in the center? I think I know what the issue is, but cannot try until the weekend. I'll also check the limit switches.
darbyvet
#10 Posted : 31 May 2017 00:40:27

hmmm.What happens when you manually move the print head with repetier host? Where is the print object on the preview screen?Is it in the middle of the bed?

Carl

darbyvet
#11 Posted : 31 May 2017 00:45:25

ON page 284 of the manual it tells you how to check the x and y axis.Does that work OK?

Carl

AgentReverie
#12 Posted : 01 June 2017 00:17:12

I think I'm going to uninstall repetier , then give it another go on the weekend. The instructions on pg 284 are what I tried to follow., everything seemed fine.
The print object appears to be right in the middle of the bed on the preview screen. When I hit Run, the print head moves to the back right and starts printing. That's just great except it makes me little nervous. I can't help but think the print head should move the center of the bed to begin printing. Am I incorrect about that?
darbyvet
#13 Posted : 01 June 2017 01:15:56

AgentReverie wrote:
I think I'm going to uninstall repetier , then give it another go on the weekend. The instructions on pg 284 are what I tried to follow., everything seemed fine.
The print object appears to be right in the middle of the bed on the preview screen. When I hit Run, the print head moves to the back right and starts printing. That's just great except it makes me little nervous. I can't help but think the print head should move the center of the bed to begin printing. Am I incorrect about that?

OK if that works then I am guessing the problem is in the gcode of the object you are printing.Does it print the object OK? It may be there is a command telling the print head to move to the back right.if you try a different object does the same thing happen?

Can you pm me a link to what you are printing and I will try it on my IDBOX to see what happens.

Carl

AgentReverie
#14 Posted : 01 June 2017 23:27:10

It happens with anything I've tried to print, however it actually does appear to print OK. I think maybe I'm missing a step/s from the page 284 instructions.
The rods /print head should be centered over the bed when I start the page 284 steps correct?
AgentReverie
#15 Posted : 03 June 2017 23:10:32

arpurchase wrote:
Hi check all the limit switches one of them may not be aligned properly then do your recalibrations.

The best way to set the head height to the bed is to put a buisiness card on the bed and set it so the head barely glides over the card without moving it.

The limit switches! Thanks for this, I am checking these it appears, maybe, I may have one plugged incorrectly on the circuit board...
darbyvet
#16 Posted : 04 June 2017 01:52:07

AgentReverie wrote:
arpurchase wrote:

The limit switches! Thanks for this, I am checking these it appears, maybe, I may have one plugged incorrectly on the circuit board...

if you have mixed up the x and y limit switches I think that would cause the problem you are seeing and if wouldnt affect the printing

let me know if that solves the problem

AgentReverie
#17 Posted : 04 June 2017 15:07:37

I'm an idiot. I don't know how or why, but where the limit switch wires plug into the circuit board, I somehow got them in the wrong positions. I guess I can't follow illustrated instructions Huh
Going to try again later. I think I messed something up with the leveling. Should be a relatively easy fix.
darbyvet
#18 Posted : 04 June 2017 17:17:26

Great news.leveling is easy to do.Looking forward to seeing a print from your IDBOX

Carl

AgentReverie
#19 Posted : 04 June 2017 21:28:31

Any advice for a clogged nozzle?
darbyvet
#20 Posted : 04 June 2017 23:31:11

You can buy declogging kits from Amazon.They consist of a 0.4mm drill bit which you can use to try to clear the blockage.The only other alternative is to disassemble the print head and soak just the nozzle in acetone.I have managed to clear clogs easily with the 0.4 mm drill bit.Just dont try to mess with the print head when it is hot or you may get burned

Carl