Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Scale Model Tools Guide – What to Use and When Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 17 October 2016 10:59:23

Groups:

http://www.model-space.c...e-what-to-use-and-when/

Let us know which tools you can’t live without, and any tools we’ve missed!
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 17 October 2016 11:20:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

That is a good article.

For me one of the things i use a lot of are cocktail sticks (toothpicks i believe they are called in the usa).

Use them for applying superglue, mixing paint. Recently tried them as treenails on a ships deck planking.

Also use yhem as holders for some small modelling parts when painting. Even use the sharp pointy end on occasion to touch the eye pupils in on 1:35 scale figures.

When it comes to sausages on sticks i usually get a telling off because i have used then all.

Guess you have stock pictures in the article but would be interested to know were to get those awls shown on the picture with the dakota front end.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Nemesis
#3 Posted : 17 October 2016 13:01:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great article, loads of good info. They forgot the 4lb club hammer for the stubborn parts!LOL
davetwin
#4 Posted : 17 October 2016 16:15:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A really great article.

I'm with Tony on the cocktail sticks, they're a must. I also find blutak very useful too.

I also use the empty containers from my daily disposable contact lenses for glue and paint Cool