Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Headlight Options
dslinick
#1 Posted : 19 October 2016 17:50:12

Groups: Registered

Can't get the headlight to work. All other functions on the effects generator work OK. Checking further, there is no voltage on the effects gen chassis on the 2 pins that feed the LED. (that's the yellow/green pair). I noticed that the 2 poles on the switch that controls the headlight and smokebox light are wired so that when when side is "on" the other side is "off". Matches the photo, but not sure of the logic.

Before I conclude a defect inside the efex gen, any advice?

Thanks
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 19 October 2016 18:10:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi

It sounds like as you suspect that the generator may be faulty, just contact C/S for a replacement.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

dslinick
#3 Posted : 19 October 2016 21:03:38

I disassembled the efx gen and traced the PC board. Maybe loose connection or cold solder, but I got the 9V back to the connector, but alas, the LED is not functioning. I have updated request to C/S for a new LED.

Circuit for the headlight is dead simple- 9V through switch to current limiting resistor to connector. Nothing really to break.

tubab
#4 Posted : 23 October 2016 15:59:34

Hi, did you check LED when assembling headlight, also polarity of wires in that fiddly little socket you have to make up, although having said all that if the firebox doesn't light up and the 9v. is absent it does indicate the effects board. Probably worth checking all the connectors for continuity.